Post-Game Talk: Kings help out Johnny B 5-0 Leafs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
I was traveling so I missed this game. Seems like I saved myself from a miserable experience. Were any of our guys hurt during the game?

No, but Carter is showing signs of being banged up, Lewis is not 100% yet.

Sutter alluded to Carter not being 100%.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Toffoli has 3 goals in the last 22 games, and one was the bounce off the boards in Ottawa. 2 of the 3 on the PP, so 1 ES goal in 22 games. 58 shots in those 22 games though, and some have been really good chances.

Carter, Toffoli, and Lucic had 2 goals on the trip. The lucky bounce for Toffoli, and Carter scored with the goalie pulled in Columbus. That's one reason the Kings only had 10 goals in regulation in the 6 games, and just the 1 regulation win.

2 consecutive games without a shot on net from Carter, and he and Kopitar combined for 0 shots on net tonight.

They had 10 guys score goals on the trip, they all just had like 1 goal each. Gaborik had 2, but one was an empty net. The only other guy with 2 was Muzzin.

Sort of a mixed bag road trip. 7 of 12 points, when you're hoping for at least 6 before it started, is alright. The last 4 games of the 6, maybe not great, but, it's a long road trip and the other team gets paid to do a job too.

scryan

May 1, 2013
Pathetic and embarrassing. I stopped watching intently halfway through the 2nd; seen this movie before.

RIP tonight's lines. If there was any doubt, Lucic STILL doesn't work well with Kopitar and Gaborik.

And RIP the '70s line already. The magic is gone, never to be seen again.

I think there is nothing wrong with 70s line, other then the fact that toff is deep into a slump and carter is obviously broken. Pearson is obviously the lesser of the three names, but I think you throw him in there when Toff and Carts are not at their worst, and it would work...
BUT that means Looch goes to either the third line... or the first. Both are bad. Looch should not be with Kopi and Gabby... hasn't worked their once... I guess that does mean RIP 70s line, but not because its a bad combo, just because that is were we need lucic, and it is better that Pearson is with Kopi and Gabby.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Toffoli has 3 goals in the last 22 games, and one was the bounce off the boards in Ottawa. 2 of the 3 on the PP, so 1 ES goal in 22 games. 58 shots in those 22 games though, and some have been really good chances.

Carter, Toffoli, and Lucic had 2 goals on the trip. The lucky bounce for Toffoli, and Carter scored with the goalie pulled in Columbus. That's one reason the Kings only had 10 goals in regulation in the 6 games, and just the 1 regulation win.

2 consecutive games without a shot on net from Carter, and he and Kopitar combined for 0 shots on net tonight.

They had 10 guys score goals on the trip, they all just had like 1 goal each. Gaborik had 2, but one was an empty net. The only other guy with 2 was Muzzin.

Sort of a mixed bag road trip. 7 of 12 points, when you're hoping for at least 6 before it started, is alright. The last 4 games of the 6, maybe not great, but, it's a long road trip and the other team gets paid to do a job too.

I saw Carter take a shot on the pp, 2 feet inside the blueline that missed high and wide , that cleared the zone. That was the only chance at a shot I can remember.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
These guys were so looking forward to boarding a flight back home before the puck dropped tonight.

They're just saving themselves for San Jose on Tuesday. Thank God they didn't burn Quick for this one, it's like Sutter gave him the night off and everyone else figured they'd take a night off as well.

No reason to microanalyze individual performances in a game like this.

Sword

May 26, 2014
Got blown up by both the Sens and Leafs, did not deserve to win against the Habs. I hope that they're just a little tired, it only takes a few more losses for the other teams to catch up, just look at the Habs.

Model62

Jul 14, 2012
Bummer. Gaborik had three or four great chances before it got out of hand. Snakebit. "Don't pass it to snakebit, anymore," my wife said.

The noncall on the Komarov boarding on DD was unconscionable.

Nolan had a nice night.

On to the next (at which we'll be, road tripping all the way from the East Bay.) GKG, etc. Looking forward to Bailey, a Whistlestop sangie, buying a puck for a buck, and another couple of points in the Pacific.

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
Missed the game because of work for 2nd straight game but DVR it....wtf is Sutter doing with Andreoff on the 2nd team PP. The PP is bad enough and he does that ugh.

And for that "Quick is an Elite goalie" thread on the main board that everyone says he's not. This game proves he is because that awesome defense he plays behind which makes him good. Just got lit up and the goalie couldn't stop anything lol

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Ouch just got home and saw the score. Yikes everything we feared that would happen......happened. And a shutout too. Hilarious how well we know this team and predicted the outcome even before it happens. Oh well.

scryan

May 1, 2013
Ouch just got home and saw the score. Yikes everything we feared that would happen......happened. And a shutout too. Hilarious how well we know this team and predicted the outcome even before it happens. Oh well.

NOPE!
I predicted a 3-0 shutout to mirror our last win. Thank god that didnt come true :shakehead

scryan

May 1, 2013
On the bright side, cheeseburger are ****ing awesome... and I just made one.

zounds

Dec 9, 2009
For me I thought dropping shore to the 4th line was a worse call than messing with the top 6. Lewis has never really worked as a center and despite his lack of production, Shore pushes the puck in the right direction.

Winger23

May 3, 2007
If Carter is banged up he needs to sit for a few games. With a big division lead now is a good time...we need him healthy and he obviously isn't doing much in his current state.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
The finish might be embarrassing but the game may well have turned out differently had Nolan or Gaborik scored early. Kings didn't get the bounces and Toronto did. It happens. I'm more worried about the creeping injuries problem.
I feel the same.

I went to bed after 3-0 but Kings had at least 4 open chances (face to face with Bernier) and spend a lot of time in the offensive zone in the 1st and 2nd.

It wasnt good but if you have seen the game, than you cant believe the outcome was 5-0. This is how strange hockey can be.

Toronto and Bernier also deserved the game. They really worked hard.

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
vwbuOGt.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad