Post-Game Talk: Kings help out Johnny B 5-0 Leafs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Most will shrug it off, but this was ****ing embarrassing. This entire team should be embarrassed. Can't even score one goal.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Grats Johnny B, you can send your Christmas Cards to Drew/Kopitar.

Kudos Leafs, they played very well.

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013
Trying to keep this positive, Nolan looked good. Nice hit, some good moves and a post.

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
A blowout wouldn't be complete without someone getting their first NHL goal. Byron Froese, congrats.

Good for him and Bernie, it was their night tonight. Grabner seemed to be in the right place at the right time tonight too. Wasn't he a waiver pick up at one stage?

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Good for him and Bernie, it was their night tonight. Grabner seemed to be in the right place at the right time tonight too. Wasn't he a waiver pick up at one stage?

He is a gifted offensive player, just needs coaches to try and not change him.

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
They just need to get home and rest up. 6 games, 13 days on the road with a depleted roster, even playing short forwards, never mind the double 3-games-in-4-nights and travel.

The Pale King

Go easy on those Mango Giapanes brother...
Sep 24, 2011
Zeballos
Games like this an the Ottawa game are why none of the Kings will get post-season awards. If I had to chose between playing well against good teams and playing well against bad teams, of course I go with the former, but it's still frustrating to lose to basement dwellers so often.

Sure, the writers should do their due dilligence and watch some western games, but I can't say the Kings piqued anyone's interest with that performance.

The positive from all this is that Quick wasn't in there for that shellacking.

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
Not a terrible 6 game trip, but Kings really exposed by a couple of teams. 1 regulation win, 1 shootout win, one OT win, 2 regulation losses, and 1 OT loss. Getting scored on 5 times in two games is not a good sign. Outscored 12-16 on the trip. Lucky to escape with 7 points in 6 games.

Time to rest up at home. Hopefully they get back to playing Kings hockey.

HookKing

Dec 12, 2008
The finish might be embarrassing but the game may well have turned out differently had Nolan or Gaborik scored early. Kings didn't get the bounces and Toronto did. It happens. I'm more worried about the creeping injuries problem.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
2-3-2 on the road against the Atlantic this year. The 2 games they won, they gave up 0 and 1 goal. Only gave up 1 in Tampa too, but then lost in the SO.

Combine the road record against the Atlantic division, and the home record against the Pacific, and the Kings are 4-7-2, with, not including SO's or EN's, 22 goals for, and 35 against. Outside of that, their record so far is 16-3-0, with 57 goals for, and 30 against.

At least they only have 1 game left against the Atlantic in Boston. Still plenty more home games against the Pacific though. They've won their last 2, so that's something.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
The finish might be embarrassing but the game may well have turned out differently had Nolan or Gaborik scored early. Kings didn't get the bounces and Toronto did. It happens. I'm more worried about the creeping injuries problem.

It's a concern, There are a few forwards playing banged up.

kingskring

Dec 3, 2012
“@Rich_Hammond: Have to wonder if Sutter realized this morning the Kings had nothing, and didn’t want to throw Quick to wolves.â€

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad