Post-Game Talk: Kings help out Johnny B 5-0 Leafs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omni Owl

Mar 9, 2008
Man, the Leafs were going all in, full playoff mode. Kings weren't ready. Bernier definitely had something to prove, especially against his old team.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
OTT,TOR both were desperate teams.

They both had just been challenged by their coaches to unscrew themselves.

Both teams responded.

Ron*

Pathetic and embarrassing. I stopped watching intently halfway through the 2nd; seen this movie before.

RIP tonight's lines. If there was any doubt, Lucic STILL doesn't work well with Kopitar and Gaborik.

And RIP the '70s line already. The magic is gone, never to be seen again.

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
Not a terrible 6 game trip, but Kings really exposed by a couple of teams. 1 regulation win, 1 shootout win, one OT win, 2 regulation losses, and 1 OT loss. Getting scored on 5 times in two games is not a good sign. Outscored 12-16 on the trip. Lucky to escape with 7 points in 6 games.

Time to rest up at home. Hopefully they get back to playing Kings hockey.
Wins against 3 teams really struggling, so....

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
OTT,TOR both were desperate teams.

They both had just been challenged by their coaches to unscrew themselves.

Both teams responded.

Didn't help when the Kings played right into that desperation. Tonight was the worst of the two, with no real effort to win, just going through the motions type game that drives fans crazy. Kopitar being a -4 is simply unexceptable against the Leafs, even after a long trip.

Ron*

Wins against 3 teams really struggling, so....

You could make an argument that every team they played on that trip was struggling in some way, so overall that point isn't relevant at all.

cali101

Nov 23, 2014
the 4th line was best, really - and really only nolan. shore and andreoff both with giveaways.

i get that sutter wants to jumpstart toffoli but toff-carter-lucic was the best overall line this season. why mess with it? to me any blending sutter did worked better in the montreal and pittsburgh games

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Pathetic and embarrassing. I stopped watching intently halfway through the 2nd; seen this movie before.

RIP tonight's lines. If there was any doubt, Lucic STILL doesn't work well with Kopitar and Gaborik.

And RIP the '70s line already. The magic is gone, never to be seen again.

Not sure why he's gone back to that, the numbers say it doesnt work [like 1-4] with that line. They may also be a -20 combined on those losses

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
9-5-2 on the road this year. Not including empty nets or shootouts, 35GF, and 35GA. 6-5 in regulation, 1-1 in OT, and 2-1 in the SO. 20 points in 16 games. 8th best road record.

Get back home, beat the Sharks, go into the break feeling good.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
The Kings are a very, very good team that has played tremendous hockey so far. That's what makes this game even more infuriating. Can't even score one goddamn goal.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Sutter post game via LA Kings INsider

On the loss:
It’s one-nothing going into the third. Lots of opportunities to score but couldn’t. They go down and score after we had a great chance. Other than the faceoff goal, I liked the way we played.

Well that's one person and counting...

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
They just need to get home and rest up. 6 games, 13 days on the road with a depleted roster, even playing short forwards, never mind the double 3-games-in-4-nights and travel.

Long road trip but not much time to rest up. One home game on Tues , a 3 day braek and then on the road again for 4 games starting on Sat in AZ and then back up to Canada. Only 3 home games counting the Sharks game for the next 2 and 1/2 weeks.

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
For the first couple periods it looked like a team on the very end of a long road trip, tired, disinterested and fumbling the puck a lot, but sticking to more or less a recognizable form of Kings hockey against a terrible team. Once that second and third goal came the ****meter really went to zero though and all hell broke loose.

The new lines weren't very good either, across the board. When Jordan Nolan looks like your best forward, you are pooched.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
The Kings didn't take a penalty, when was the last time that happened?

The Refs literally put the whistle away for 40 minutes, there was so much hooking, interference, tripping in that game, by both teams.

The Refs might as well have not even showed up.

DocWest

Rock Bottom
Oct 21, 2010
Los Angeles
I was traveling so I missed this game. Seems like I saved myself from a miserable experience. Were any of our guys hurt during the game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad