Confirmed with Link: Panthers acquire Robert Hagg from Buffalo, in exchange for a 6th rounder ('22)

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Anyone think Zito may use the LTIR from Ekblad and pull a Tampa and go grab another top D with the freed cap space?

It's possible but he's running out of assets and the only waiver exempt player besides Knight is Lundell. Remember they have to fit in Chiarot as well. So it almost has to be a hockey trade with roster players going the other way.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
I would have rather kept the pick, I guess because of the Ek injury Zito wants to make sure we keep the division lead. He is a good #6, he'll be a good #7 when Ek returns. I like that it creates a little competition between Lindy and Hagg for playing time. Man, Zito is really going for it this year.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
Hits and blocks fellas, hits and blocks. Need some depth down the stretch with Ekblad out and for potentially resting some guys going into the first round. Plus he has some playoff experience. Don’t overanalyze it, he’s not playing top 4 minutes so who cares.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Hits and blocks fellas, hits and blocks. Need some depth down the stretch with Ekblad out and for potentially resting some guys going into the first round. Plus he has some playoff experience. Don’t overanalyze it, he’s not playing top 4 minutes so who cares.

For real. People acting like he’s gonna be playing 25 minutes a night on the power play and PK.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
For real. People acting like he’s gonna be playing 25 minutes a night on the power play and PK.
I'm curious where you're getting the take from? I just reread the thread, and I'm unsure where you keep getting this opinion from.

Also, I'm wondering how much YOU saw him play?

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
I'm curious where you're getting the take from? I just reread the thread, and I'm unsure where you keep getting this opinion from.

Also, I'm wondering how much YOU saw him play?

I haven’t, so that’s why I’m not so quick to bash every single player. Haven’t seen anyone outside of maybe 1 or 2 people here say it’s a decent trade that fills a need or that they’ll wait and see how he plays. They just jump right to saying that Hagg sucks because of some charts or some other people who say he sucks.

Sure, he may suck but im also willing to wait and see how he plays under our coaching staff (specifically Samuelsson), our system, with our team, our culture. These guys aren’t playing in a black box.

Reactions: Desert Panther

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I haven’t, so that’s why I’m not so quick to bash every single player. Haven’t seen anyone outside of maybe 1 or 2 people here say it’s a decent trade that fills a need or that they’ll wait and see how he plays. They just jump right to saying that Hagg sucks because of some charts or some other people who say he sucks.

Sure, he may suck but im also willing to wait and see how he plays under our coaching staff (specifically Samuelsson), our system, with our team, our culture. These guys aren’t playing in a black box.
I believe you had the 4th post in the thread, posting some tweet where some guy said the Analytics of him suck.
I don't know that it posters from this board saying that.

Marco 85

Jan 13, 2021
It’s been really interesting reading these trade threads.

As far as Hagg is concerned. This trade seems like a no brainer.

We get a 6th defensemen for the regular season
who can play some PK and double digit minutes.
Taking some minutes off of the other guys.

Hopefully, when Ekblad returns for the playoffs.
Hagg becomes the 7th D man.
A capable replacement for a hurt player.

If management thought that either Carlsson or Lindbohm
were capable. This trade wouldn’t have been done.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
This is a truly honest question, really not trying to be sarcastic here. I’m genuinely curious how much you’ve seen him play

When he was playing for Philly I saw him couple of times. Weak in the d-zone, can't handle the pressure, indecisive... so in other words, an ideal guy for the playoffs. This is a huge loss by Zito. Not because of that 6th round pick, couldn't care less about it as an individual asset tbh, but because Zito and his pros scouts actually took their time and went looking for a guy who "blocks shots and shows high compete level" per Don Granato.

The reality is that Zito has no intentions of relying on our current depth guys, Carlsson and Kiersted, even though he's been preaching about culture and building a cohesive team. At some point Zito has to take a leap of faith regarding our younger guys and rely on them instead of acquiring mercenaries and depth guys only for the sake of it.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
When he was playing for Philly I saw him couple of times. Weak in the d-zone, can't handle the pressure, indecisive... so in other words, an ideal guy for the playoffs. This is a huge loss by Zito. Not because of that 6th round pick, couldn't care less about it as an individual asset tbh, but because Zito and his pros scouts actually took their time and went looking for a guy who "blocks shots and shows high compete level" per Don Granato.

The reality is that Zito has no intentions of relying on our current depth guys, Carlsson and Kiersted, even though he's been preaching about culture and building a cohesive team. At some point Zito has to take a leap of faith regarding our younger guys and rely on them instead of acquiring mercenaries and depth guys only for the sake of it.
Come on man...for the sake of it? They are going all in for the Cup. Carlsson is inexperienced, and Kiersted should be nowhere near a SC contender in the playoffs. They brought in more experience, also Chiarot and Hagg bring a different skillset than most of our D had. We improved our PK, and in the playoffs you need more physical D. Look at our division, it's going to be murder for the first 2 rounds, you need big physical bodies built for the playoffs. Look at Tampa adding Paul, they have Maroon, Perry, Killorn, Bellemare....you need guys who can break up the cycle against heavy players like that. Is Hagg Scott Stevens? No, but he cost a 6th round pick...

Reactions: batting1k

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Come on man...for the sake of it? They are going all in for the Cup. Carlsson is inexperienced, and Kiersted should be nowhere near a SC contender in the playoffs. They brought in more experience, also Chiarot and Hagg bring a different skillset than most of our D had. We improved our PK, and in the playoffs you need more physical D. Look at our division, it's going to be murder for the first 2 rounds, you need big physical bodies built for the playoffs. Look at Tampa adding Paul, they have Maroon, Perry, Killorn, Bellemare....you need guys who can break up the cycle against heavy players like that. Is Hagg Scott Stevens? No, but he cost a 6th round pick...

If they are going for the Cup then why acquire a guy like Hagg? A contending team will acquire guys who could singlehandedly cost them goals. I thought that we wanted to move away from the Yandle-territory but here we are yet again... I don't care if they got Hagg for free: either play Carl or Kiers or acquire a better dman. (the correct answer: play Carl or Kiers)

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
If they are going for the Cup then why acquire a guy like Hagg? A contending team will acquire guys who could singlehandedly cost them goals. I thought that we wanted to move away from the Yandle-territory but here we are yet again... I don't care if they got Hagg for free: either play Carl or Kiers or acquire a better dman. (the correct answer: play Carl or Kiers)
I don't think he's as bad as you do. More importantly, he's had a good season in Buffalo. And he's not Yandle because he'll always give effort and is not afraid of going after the puck.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013

Lol you wanna rely on Kiersted and Carlsson on the way to the cup? Oof. 68 NHL games between the 2 of them.

Reactions: MaWa

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad