GDT: Pens @ Leafs 7pm !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
We gotta become Rags fans for the next week. 2 games against the fish sticks and 1 against the Flyers. Here's hoping they're still hungry and want blood.

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
No, I don’t want them to get in because everyone around them is tanking worse and they’re only losing marginally less…I want to feel good about them, as I do now
That’s fair but we can’t expect them to win every game the rest of the way.

I’ll still feel pretty good about them as long as they show up!

Go Pens go!

Reactions: Andy99

The Grim Reaper

Apr 18, 2017
Hobart, Tasmania
1.png

Big Poppa Pump

Holla If Ya Hear Me
Feb 22, 2009
Tough road game in Toronto, but the same could've been said for a tough road game in Colorado....They had 2 points in their pocket and pissed it away.

The Devils, Sens, Hawks and Blue Jackets have beaten the Leafs in Toronto....why can't we?

Go get 2 points, but will gladly take 1 point.

BobCole

May 21, 2014
What's up with all of the hate Jarry is receiving lately? I don't really have a dog in the fight, I just don't understand where the hate is coming from. He's not hurt. He has an illness (which a lot of the team is battling). I'm glad that they've been playing well in front of Ned, but all of the sudden I'm seeing trade proposals looking at Jarry as a castaway contract, etc. What gives?

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
What's up with all of the hate Jarry is receiving lately? I don't really have a dog in the fight, I just don't understand where the hate is coming from. He's not hurt. He has an illness (which a lot of the team is battling). I'm glad that they've been playing well in front of Ned, but all of the sudden I'm seeing trade proposals looking at Jarry as a castaway contract, etc. What gives?

He sucks. He's a big reason we lost two straight playoff series. And he is a mental midget?

BobCole

May 21, 2014
He sucks. He's a big reason we lost two straight playoff series. And he is a mental midget?
Which two? I see one. And what's changed since the beginning of the season when everybody was singing his praises and now? Ned winning a few games?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-08 at 3.55.28 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-08 at 3.55.28 PM.png
    101.6 KB · Views: 2

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004

TBH I was never down from the beginning to bring him back.

Goaltending just isn't the same as it used to be. It's a borderline ancillary position in today's league and paying some middle of the road guy 5+ million over term just isn't smart cap spending IMO.

Plus honestly what has he done really with this team to even deserve a lucrative contract? Goaltenders seem to be a grab bag, anymore. No sense in tying yourself to one who isn't anything special. ARE there even any "special" ones anymore?

BobCole

May 21, 2014
TBH I was never down from the beginning to bring him back.

Goaltending just isn't the same as it used to be. It's a borderline ancillary position in today's league and paying some middle of the road guy 5+ million over term just isn't smart cap spending IMO.

Plus honestly what has he done really with this team to even deserve a lucrative contract? Goaltenders seem to be a grab bag, anymore. No sense in tying yourself to one who isn't anything special. ARE there even any "special" ones anymore?
Seems like myopic thinking to me on the heels of a decent stretch without him. What's the alternative? Sign Ned in the offseason to a likely $3M+ deal? Is that the best "savings" of $2M on this roster?

Big Poppa Pump

Holla If Ya Hear Me
Feb 22, 2009
All of a sudden???

I wanted them to go in a different direction last off season.

And when the trade deadline was around the corner, I was hoping they could move him.

This isn't an "all of the sudden" topic, lol.

The GM

Jun 7, 2012
Seems like myopic thinking to me on the heels of a decent stretch without him. What's the alternative? Sign Ned in the offseason to a likely $3M+ deal? Is that the best "savings" of $2M on this roster?
It would give us a better chance to resign BJC

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004

Well like I just got done explaining you're talking to the wrong guy then because I never wanted Jarry back to begin with and I don't have any desire to tie up anything north of like 4M per for two or maybe three years on one. This isn't recency bias by me. This is more like "hey look the backup is better/as good as the starter again because goaltenders are giant flakes who you can't trust maybe we shouldn't spend money on them?"

Reactions: Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
There’s some very well established stats that show he fades the second half of seasons..that’s not good….maybe because of the way he’s used or overused the first half of the season, but the nonetheless he doesn’t seem to have the confidence of the staff/players to make big stops at big moments of the season…

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Not the greatest speed, but when was the last time we saw a winger chip it in and b-line it straight to the corner to retrieve it knowing full well there would be contact?

DOC is playing his role well right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad