Jun 9, 2006
Montreal

Let's f***ing go boys!!!!

Last edited:

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
How many Leaves fans are gonna stumble in here, drunk, and tell us that they didn't really like Dubas anyway, he's terrible, he's no good, and how could he leave them?

george14

Mar 9, 2014
Detroit, MI
My outlook has been: just keep getting points. Obviously we want to win them all but at some point a loss is bound to happen. I'm sure the usual suspects on the board will say the seasons over upon a loss. The most important games are DET and NYI. If we can finish 7 points out of a possible 10, I think we get in.

I have been saying (for about a week) that I think PHI and WSH are toast at this point. Massive losing streaks to end the season. Although they play each other so someone will get 2 points there; enough to keep things interesting.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
One point would be fine…just no regulation loss…lot of people touting Jarry for tonight’s game

My outlook has been: just keep getting points. Obviously we want to win them all but at some point a loss is bound to happen. I'm sure the usual suspects on the board will say the seasons over upon a loss. The most important games are DET and NYI. If we can finish 7 points out of a possible 10, I think we get in.

I have been saying (for about a week) that I think PHI and WSH are toast at this point. Massive losing streaks to end the season. Although they play each other so someone will get 2 points there; enough to keep things interesting.
Possibly, but as I said, you’re then counting on Detroit and Isles losing more than one of their final 5 games….right now, for example, if we lost to Toronto only and go 4-1, and Wings and Isles lose only their games against the Pens to go 4-1, we’re still outside the playoff looking in…so even one regulation loss might be a deal breaker

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

MrBrightside

May 5, 2010
Franklin Park, PA
One point would be fine…just no regulation loss…lot of people touting Jarry for tonight’s game

Possibly, but as I said, you’re then counting on Detroit and Isles losing more than one of their final 5 games….right now, for example, if we lost to Toronto only and go 4-1, and Wings and Isles lose only their games against the Pens to go 4-1, we’re still outside the playoff looking in…so even one regulation loss might be a deal breaker

Assuming that every other team will win every other game it plays, yes. But that's almost certain not to occur - the Isles play the Rangers twice - the odds on them sweeping those games and the Pens are pretty low. But I know, if the Pens don't go in on a 9-game winning streak you want them to miss the playoffs, so never mind.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Assuming that every other team will win every other game it plays, yes. But that's almost certain not to occur - the Isles play the Rangers twice - the odds on them sweeping those games and the Pens are pretty low. But I know, if the Pens don't go in on a 9-game winning streak you want them to miss the playoffs, so never mind.
No, I don’t want them to get in because everyone around them is tanking worse and they’re only losing marginally less…I want to feel good about them, as I do now

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
If I actually believed us not making the playoffs would enable some real, lasting, long-term changes to the benefit of the team, I would embrace it. But lol, we know that's not going to happen.

Reactions: Andy99

MrBrightside

May 5, 2010
Franklin Park, PA
No, I don’t want them to get in because everyone around them is tanking worse and they’re only losing marginally less…I want to feel good about them, as I do now
So if they finish the season on a 9-2-2 or 10-1-2 run you'd be like "nah, can't feel good about them, Screw them - go Caps."

You're the guy who wins the lottery and complains about the increase in his taxes, aren't you.

Reactions: george14

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
So if they finish the season on a 9-2-2 or 10-1-2 run you'd be like "nah, can't feel good about them, Screw them - go Caps."

You're the guy who wins the lottery and complains about the increase in his taxes, aren't you.
That’s not what I mean…2 more regulation losses in last 5 would be what I mean, especially if they blow 3rd period leads lol

MrBrightside

May 5, 2010
Franklin Park, PA
That’s not what I mean…2 more regulation losses in last 5 would be what I mean, especially if they blow 3rd period leads lol
Well that's exactly what you mean. If they have 2 regulation losses the rest of the way they'll finish on a 9-2-2 stretch. If that happens, you're out and you'll be pissed they made it because you can't feel good about them. Has to be hard living this way.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Yes people are often upset by disappointment?

I mean, I wouldn't consider "almost (but not) making the playoffs after looking like they wouldn't ever make it" to be winning the lottery, but I've been out of the US a while, maybe things have changed?

MrBrightside

May 5, 2010
Franklin Park, PA
Yes people are often upset by disappointment?

I mean, I wouldn't consider "almost (but not) making the playoffs after looking like they wouldn't ever make it" to be winning the lottery, but I've been out of the US a while, maybe things have changed?
He's saying that if the Pens go 3-2 or 4-1 and make the playoffs he will be disappointed by it as he only wants them to make it if they win out.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
He's saying that if the Pens go 3-2 or 4-1 and make the playoffs he will be disappointed by it as he only wants them to make it if they win out.
I mean, I kind of get it. In that situation, it's not that we made it in to the playoffs, it's just that everyone else was even more putrid. It's kind of insulting because if we had won just a handful of those 1 goal games we lost because of our powerplay or 3v3 play, we wouldn't even be having this conversation. :laugh:

But I still like to think every team has a puncher's chance, we're just dealing with some CTE at the moment, but still, if the opening's there...

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Well that's exactly what you mean. If they have 2 regulation losses the rest of the way they'll finish on a 9-2-2 stretch. If that happens, you're out and you'll be pissed they made it because you can't feel good about them. Has to be hard living this way.
Yeah I guess probably I’d pissed for giving me hope lol…as Handshakeline just said, if they miss again by the slimmest of margins what’s the difference between this run and missing the playoffs by a wider margin? They still missed the playoffs again and I’m not really going to feel better about the team next season or not want Sullivan to be fired lol

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
No, not 4-1…if we go 3-2 and make the playoffs and squeak in only because Detroit went 2-3, I wouldn’t feel like the team had much of a chance

MrBrightside

May 5, 2010
Franklin Park, PA
I mean, I kind of get it. In that situation, it's not that we made it in to the playoffs, it's just that everyone else was even more putrid. It's kind of insulting because if we had won just a handful of those 1 goal games we lost because of our powerplay or 3v3 play, we wouldn't even be having this conversation. :laugh:

But I still like to think every team has a puncher's chance, we're just dealing with some CTE at the moment, but still, if the opening's there...
If you're saying that going 4-1 or even 3-2 against Toronto, Boston, Nashville, the Isles and Detroit is just "less putrid" than others, I don't know what to tell you. You and Andy can have your compendium of misery and disappointment if they make it by "only" finishing the season 9-2-2.

Reactions: Gurglesons

Zbynek

Jarry friggin sucks dude
Jun 6, 2011
Madrid, Spain

Hell no. Every game is a must-win and no back-to-backs. ===== Ride the Ned.

Reactions: 66-30-33 and Andy99

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
If you're saying that going 4-1 or even 3-2 against Toronto, Boston, Nashville, the Isles and Detroit is just "less putrid" than others, I don't know what to tell you. You and Andy can have your compendium of misery and disappointment if they make it by "only" finishing the season 9-2-2.
I mean, I'm not Andy, I'm just explaining his side of it, but hey, go off. :dunno:

Oh, 9-2-2, plan the f***ing parade! :laugh: Any other season prior to this year and most of last year, that's a decent month.

Hey guys, remember the time we won 9 in a row? Wasn't that just fantastic?

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
It's just so embarrassing, it's like we've become Leaves fans. Next thing you know, we'll retire a few 30 goal scorers' numbers and talk about how we beat the BJs like it was game 7 of the SCF.

Hey guys, anyone excited to go to the Kip Miller jersey retirement ceremony?

MrBrightside

May 5, 2010
Franklin Park, PA
I mean, I'm not Andy, I'm just explaining his side of it, but hey, go off. :dunno:

Oh, 9-2-2, plan the f***ing parade! :laugh: Any other season prior to this year and most of last year, that's a decent month.

Hey guys, remember the time we won 9 in a row? Wasn't that just fantastic?
You're the one arguing that if they win their last 9 you'd be willing to be happy about being in the playoffs but if they only go 8-1 or 7-2 you'd be "nah, no thanks - they don't deserve it."

It's just so embarrassing, it's like we've become Leaves fans. Next thing you know, we'll retire a few 30 goal scorers' numbers and talk about how we beat the BJs like it was game 7 of the SCF.

Hey guys, anyone excited to go to the Kip Miller jersey retirement ceremony?
Pens fans preferring the team make the playoffs than not making the playoffs is embarrassing? The horror! Exactly like Leafs fans.

Jesus is this fan base spoiled.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
It's really spoiled if you only read the things you make up in your head, versus what people are actually saying. That's true.

Otherwise, it's just the normal kind of spoiled.

MrBrightside

May 5, 2010
Franklin Park, PA
It's really spoiled if you only read the things you make up in your head, versus what people are actually saying. That's true.
What am I making up? That Andy said he doesn't want the Pens to make the playoffs unless the win out? That you're acting like Pens fans are planning a parade because they'd be happy about making the playoffs even if they finish 3-2 the last 5? Which of those posts didn't occur? I'll hang up and wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad