GDT: Pens @ Leafs 7pm !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I'm happy if we make the playoffs. I don't think anything will come of it, but sure, it's always fun to watch. I'm not going to clap my hands that we finished 9-2-2 on a mediocre to bad season, though, when we could have.. you know... not finished the season in this race for the last wild card if we'd just fixed a few things when they first came up.

What am I making up? That Andy said he doesn't want the Pens to make the playoffs unless the win out? That you're acting like Pens fans are planning a parade because they'd be happy about making the playoffs even if they finish 3-2 the last 5? Which of those posts didn't occur? I'll hang up and wait.
I mean, you'd probably just log out and wait, it's the internet. It's probably better for your blood pressure.

Reactions: Andy99

MrBrightside

May 5, 2010
Franklin Park, PA
I'm happy if we make the playoffs. I don't think anything will come of it, but sure, it's always fun to watch. I'm not going to clap my hands that we finished 9-2-2 on a mediocre to bad season, though, when we could have.. you know... not finished that badly if we'd just fixed a few things when they first came up.
Then you're in agreement with what I was saying in the first place that you decided to argue with anyway. Ok. Go Pens.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Thursday against Detroit and next Wednesday versus the Isles are the true “must wins”. But this feels like the next most important game with NYI pushing hard and someone guaranteed 2 points from DET-WAS tomorrow.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
What am I making up? That Andy said he doesn't want the Pens to make the playoffs unless the win out? That you're acting like Pens fans are planning a parade because they'd be happy about making the playoffs even if they finish 3-2 the last 5? Which of those posts didn't occur? I'll hang up and wait.
I never said I didnt want the Pens to make the playoffs unless they win out, but you do you lol…I said I didn’t want them to back in just by losing slightly less than the other shit teams vying for playoff spots…

KareemTrustfund

Domiking Simon
Jun 19, 2012
AD2AB6F2-CD02-4EE2-B2A3-DD1EBC733106.png

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
Yeah I guess probably I’d pissed for giving me hope lol…as Handshakeline just said, if they miss again by the slimmest of margins what’s the difference between this run and missing the playoffs by a wider margin? They still missed the playoffs again and I’m not really going to feel better about the team next season or not want Sullivan to be fired lol
it takes us out of the bottom 10 so we have no choice about keeping or giving our pick away. so we can't blow that.

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
Jeff Carter will neutralise that Matthews kid and the Pens will cruise to victory. Never in doubt.

• Haha

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
One point would be fine…just no regulation loss…lot of people touting Jarry for tonight’s game

Possibly, but as I said, you’re then counting on Detroit and Isles losing more than one of their final 5 games….right now, for example, if we lost to Toronto only and go 4-1, and Wings and Isles lose only their games against the Pens to go 4-1, we’re still outside the playoff looking in…so even one regulation loss might be a deal breaker

We're on a heater no question. We need to try and win every game because IF we take one loss the momentum will get stifled and momentum this time of year is so important. Every game is a must win.

george14

Mar 9, 2014
Detroit, MI
Possibly, but as I said, you’re then counting on Detroit and Isles losing more than one of their final 5 games….right now, for example, if we lost to Toronto only and go 4-1, and Wings and Isles lose only their games against the Pens to go 4-1, we’re still outside the playoff looking in…so even one regulation loss might be a deal breaker
Sure that's possible. But the reality is we control our own destiny. I'm also a Wings fan and we are insanely inconsistent. PIT is the strongest team right now given the recent history, while WSH and PHI are torpedoing. Just enjoy the fact we are even in this position.

No matter what happens tonight, we still have a shot. I'd caution against overreacting.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Apparently I’m told if they win this game in regulation that will give them 32 regulation wins and there’s no way the other competitors can match that, thus guaranteeing we have the tie breaker at season’s end, if necessary

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Apparently I’m told if they win this game in regulation that will give them 32 regulation wins and there’s no way the other competitors can match that, thus guaranteeing we have the tie breaker at season’s end, if necessary
A win tonight would be as impressive as any win this season and the last two weeks have seen us beat, CAR, NYR, TB and should have beaten COL. IMO this is a tough task tonight. But IF they win, they're in the drivers seat to make the playoffs. And I'm not sure that's necessarily a good thing with this team. They do better as a decided underdog.

Is that by wins?
Yep, if we win out we're in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad