GDT: Bruins at Panthers, 7 p.m. EST, March 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
It was a well played game! I am happy with the effort in a loss!

BUT

Yandle still passing while having a clear lane...

Barkov needs to bury some chances.. What's going on?!

Huby, are you there?

PP? Ohh, fml

But hey!

Driedger has been great today!

I also liked Weegs & Stillman on defense! Stillman is awesome. Really cool down to earth guys and steps up for his teammates!!

And one more thing... I hate the Bruins fans. Ughhhhh
Man I feel bad, coming from Europe and they've lost every game you've seen, hopefully they come through Saturday, should be a special night.

Boothinator

@MrBoothinator
Sep 19, 2009
Man I feel bad, coming from Europe and they've lost every game you've seen, hopefully they come through Saturday, should be a special night.

Sure it sucks... I am happy with the effort though tonight!

I am not gonna get my hopes up anymore!

For me : I got an autograph/photo of MacKenzie and Stillman each...

That was already worth it!!

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Continuing the discussion from yesterday, I did extensive scouting last night and found a suitable replacement for VT21

I'm pleased to introduce the new 2C,

Afgeney Trashcanov
miniature-garbage-can-with-trash_grande.jpeg

Now while compared to Trocheck, you'll lose 10 goals, you'll save 50 because Trashcanov will actually be in the defensive zone at times, and it's only going to cost the league minimum, saving over 4 million in salary. An absolute win.

Thomas Colavecchio

Mar 24, 2019
Watching much of the B's game on TV, it looked like the D coverage was better...more aggressive toward limiting space for the B's forwards. Not really sure if it had anything to do with Driedger being in net or not. But during the week, the comments from the players about the last few days practice since the Flames game, and making some changes expecting better results, bothered me...It took 66 games to realize that something needed to change?? Something really stinks here...

panthersdu67

Oct 5, 2019
Continuing the discussion from yesterday, I did extensive scouting last night and found a suitable replacement for VT21

I'm pleased to introduce the new 2C,

Afgeney Trashcanov
miniature-garbage-can-with-trash_grande.jpeg

Now while compared to Trocheck, you'll lose 10 goals, you'll save 50 because Trashcanov will actually be in the defensive zone at times, and it's only going to cost the league minimum, saving over 4 million in salary. An absolute win.

I heard this guy is pretty f**** effective at blocking shots and won't shy away even in front of the hardest shots in the league, so definitely a great upgrade.

Reactions: ucanthanzalthetruth

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Your optimism is amazing. I thought nobody could beat thePatientPanther, but even he got worn down, and changed his name.

I'm trying to be realistic and just look at the numbers.

Although saying that I thought they matched the Bruins quite well last game. Not better, not worse, it was a pretty even game.

And if the Leafs lose tonight, it's going to be hard to ignore having two games in hand, plus a head-to-head matchup only down Five Points.

Reactions: I am not exposed

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
This season being a failure means a full rebuild is all but inevitable within the next few years at the latest. Barkov and Huberdeau aren’t signed that long term, I think both have the “grass is always greener” mentality and will bounce as soon as they can. They’ll need to be traded in their UFA seasons.

Basically our “window” is being totally wasted right now. Even if they make it next season or the season after it’s probably too little too late.

Hope you’re all excited for rebuild version 253!!!!

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
This season being a failure means a full rebuild is all but inevitable within the next few years at the latest. Barkov and Huberdeau aren’t signed that long term, I think both have the “grass is always greener” mentality and will bounce as soon as they can. They’ll need to be traded in their UFA seasons.

Basically our “window” is being totally wasted right now. Even if they make it next season or the season after it’s probably too little too late.

Hope you’re all excited for rebuild version 253!!!!

Only one thing is a major hindrance to this team: being OK with losing. Thus, I think that best course of action is to conduct some spring cleaning as far as the supposed core is concerned. First man to go is Yandle and then Hubs. Trade Hubs for a top3 LD, maybe a 3rd line center and a pick; and Yandle for a decent 3rd liner, top5 dman, or a 2nd round pick. They can turn it around quickly but all depends on being able steer clear from guys like Yandle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad