GDT: Bruins at Panthers, 7 p.m. EST, March 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chino Oscar

Jul 22, 2002
West Palm Beach
Q and Kitchen talked to the D quite long today at pratice. Fun time to experience it

Hopefully it was about how during the last game (or one before that), Yandle had a forward cutting right to left with the puck... right into his path... and instead of hitting the forward, he avoided contact and in one instance, he fell and the opposing forward kept skating... why does Yandle train in boxing in the offseason? Maybe practice skating into objects... will be 1000 times more useful. Just a thought.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
I feel sorry for any fans going. 2.5 hours next to Florida Bruin fans is rough.

Boothinator

@MrBoothinator
Sep 19, 2009
6. When NHL.com’s Nick Cotsonika asked Dale Tallon how the Florida GM felt leaving the BB&T Centre after Sunday’s 3–0 loss to Calgary, Tallon replied, “I was pissed,” adding the Panthers haven’t been the same since a 4–0 defeat in Montreal on Feb. 1. (They are 5-9-2 since.) If Tallon is upset, you can only imagine how owner Vinny Viola feels. Viola dropped more than $100 million — from
Sergei Bobrovsky

to Joel Quenneville to
Anton Stralman — and while attendance figures have increased a bit, it is still under 14,000 per game. The Panthers are in danger of missing the playoffs for the fourth straight season, and the question being asked is, “What are the consequences?” The are many potential changes on and off the ice, but what has other GMs buzzing is a belief the Panthers will strongly consider breaking up their core because the mix hasn’t worked. Was the
Vincent Trocheck deal just the tip of the iceberg?

Interesting thoughts from Friedman. Everyone was pissed after the CGY game

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
6. When NHL.com’s Nick Cotsonika asked Dale Tallon how the Florida GM felt leaving the BB&T Centre after Sunday’s 3–0 loss to Calgary, Tallon replied, “I was pissed,” adding the Panthers haven’t been the same since a 4–0 defeat in Montreal on Feb. 1. (They are 5-9-2 since.) If Tallon is upset, you can only imagine how owner Vinny Viola feels. Viola dropped more than $100 million — from
Sergei Bobrovsky

to Joel Quenneville to
Anton Stralman — and while attendance figures have increased a bit, it is still under 14,000 per game. The Panthers are in danger of missing the playoffs for the fourth straight season, and the question being asked is, “What are the consequences?” The are many potential changes on and off the ice, but what has other GMs buzzing is a belief the Panthers will strongly consider breaking up their core because the mix hasn’t worked. Was the
Vincent Trocheck deal just the tip of the iceberg?

Interesting thoughts from Friedman. Everyone was pissed after the CGY game

They probably will go through a similar process that the Sens have gone through the past year or so but with the difference that they won't move Barkov or Ekblad considering how difficult it is to draft guys like that. It's easier to get a hold of a guy like Huberdeau or Hall via trade than the former two. So I'd expect Hubs, Yandle, maybe Math, Dadonov, and one or two other guys as throw-ins to trades.

However, I do think that all of this really comes down to the works of the class clown Yandle and everyone who got sucked into his complacency inducing antics will pay the price. Can't really blame the ownership for going this road but in order to avoid another Rowe-shitshow they gotta have a plan in place and it includes not acquiring more clowns.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Well the ones from the “core” are Barkov, huberdeau, and Ekblad. Trading Ekblad wouldn’t make sense yeah he’s pricier, but his defense hasn’t been bad, he makes the right plays under pressure, cam reliably get it out of the zone, and puts up good numbers. He’s not a problem. Barkov I doubt just because he’s a center.

Huberdeau being the winger I guess would be the most likely? It depends on what we could realistically get for him though.

but there’s not many pieces out there that I’d trade him for. Slavin, lindholm, OEL, those are three that come to mind that could possibly be within the realm of possibility. Would love chychrun being a Boca guy (my hometown) but him alone obviously doesn’t cut it. Throw in garland too? No clue. Not really thinking about trading any of those three at the moment.

Last edited:

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
They probably will go through a similar process that the Sens have gone through the past year or so but with the difference that they won't move Barkov or Ekblad considering how difficult it is to draft guys like that. It's easier to get a hold of a guy like Huberdeau or Hall via trade than the former two. So I'd expect Hubs, Yandle, maybe Math, Dadonov, and one or two other guys as throw-ins to trades.

However, I do think that all of this really comes down to the works of the class clown Yandle and everyone who got sucked into his complacency inducing antics will pay the price. Can't really blame the ownership for going this road but in order to avoid another Rowe-shitshow they gotta have a plan in place and it includes not acquiring more clowns.

Wouldn’t it be something if the Panthers management realized it was a philosophy, leadership problem, and they wanted to strip Barky of the C.

The one and only way they thought it would be appropriate to do that is to trade him.

Imagine that?

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Well the ones from the “core” are Barkov, huberdeau, and Ekblad. Trading Ekblad wouldn’t make sense yeah he’s pricier, but his defense hasn’t been bad, he makes the right plays under pressure, cam reliably get it out of the zone, and puts up good numbers. He’s not a problem. Barkov I doubt just because he’s a center.

Huberdeau being the winger I guess would be the most likely? It depends on what we could realistically get for him though.

but there’s not many pieces out there that I’d trade him for. Slavin, lindholm, OEL, those are three that come to mind that could possibly be within the realm of possibility. Would love chychrun being a Boca guy (my hometown) but him alone obviously doesn’t cut it. Throw in garland too? No clue. Not really thinking about trading any of those three at the moment.
I guess looking at the roster while considering contract amounts and term remaining, Yandle and Matheson would be labeled as "core" players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad