Confirmed with Link: 2024 NHL Global Series: Dallas vs Florida in Tampere, Finland

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Back in the 90's. You could actually email anyone from Panthers front office. The emails were on the website. I emailed Steve Dangerfield (team president?) back in 2001 about me visiting Florida and if I could get into the locker room after the game. He actually responded the next day and say Yes, that I need to goto info after the game and show me identification. They actually pulled threw and took me down there. I got to meet Jokinen and talked finnish to him he was kinda in shock somebody talking finnish.

I actually emailed GM Bryan Murray about a UFA named Brian Rafalski to sign him in like 98 or 99 .... I was a kid back then ;) He didnt respond then NJ signed him within a year
I have an Olli story too. When he was starting his second (or maybe third) season with the Panthers, I went to a fan event at the arena, lined up to get an autograph from Olli and exchange a couple of words. I also spoke to him in Finnish so he perked up… and then I said “so when are you gonna play better?” And I used the Finnish singular you (sinä) and not the plural (te), so not meaning the team but him. He looked at me, no smile, but a bit of a squinty eyes, like just wait you ahole.

That season he went on a tear. I take credit. We HFers get it done.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
I have an Olli story too. When he was starting his second (or maybe third) season with the Panthers, I went to a fan event at the arena, lined up to get an autograph from Olli and exchange a couple of words. I also spoke to him in Finnish so he perked up… and then I said “so when are you gonna play better?” And I used the Finnish singular you (sinä) and not the plural (te), so not meaning the team but him. He looked at me, no smile, but a bit of a squinty eyes, like just wait you ahole.

That season he went on a tear. I take credit. We HFers get it done.
This might be my favorite snarky KW story of all time

Reactions: MaWa and KW

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
Happy for our Finnish fans and still just thrilled that our team is no longer a global joke.

Sucks that we're going to have like four games in the first two months of the season, though. :laugh:

It's all good. We're gonna need a light start to the next season after a long playoff run ;)

heksagon

Jul 27, 2010
Finland
The arena they will play in is brand new. You can actually get a hotel room with a sight of the ice. The arena is also top of a train station that you can easily get to Helsinki.

Yes, that's Finland 2nd biggest city

View attachment 821058

View attachment 821059
Well, technically the 3rd largest city after Espoo by population, but... Espoo barely counts. :D

patthebat

Sep 2, 2016
Fort Lauderdale
I have posted this on Facebook to two Panther groups I am a member of.

It is VERY early, but, for those that are thinking about going to Finland to see the Cats play here are some ROUGH prices. The airlines change prices almost every hour. This will give you some Idea . ALSO, I didn't know the dates of the games so I chose The first week in November.
Fort Laud to Helsinki Nov 2-8 Economy Class $974.20
Business Class $1925.10 2 stops Multiple Airlines.

Miami to Helsinki Nov 2-8 Economy $953.30 Business Class $1653. 2 stops Multiple Airlines.
Prices/Flights subject to change.

** I might be having a serious senior moment about this, but If i recall correctly, the last time we went to Finland, The Cat management had a deal with a travel agent for plane fare and a hotel. Which was way over-priced, if I remember correctly. If you bought each separately on your own, it was much cheaper. And, again, another possible senior moment, I think that we had to buy the tickets online, they were not included with the plane/hotel. Management did not sell us tickets. **

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
Dear Finns, may I please pick your brain: Where is the best place to look for tickets? Officially channel of the NHL or is there a local Finnish service provider you can recommend? Thanks in advance!

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Dear Finns, may I please pick your brain: Where is the best place to look for tickets? Officially channel of the NHL or is there a local Finnish service provider you can recommend? Thanks in advance!

I think once they go on sale they'll be on ticketmaster.fi (i guess .com will sell them too?)

Reactions: austropanther

Dutch Panther

Jun 25, 2017
Schiedam
I plannend a trip to Florida from october 22 till november 16. I hope I can see some games and the Panthers will be in Finland the end of november!

Rat Trick

#CatsAreComing
Apr 23, 2014
1000011105.jpg

Dates released. 1-2.11.

Last edited:

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
Reactions: Panteras

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
Tickets for the Panthers go on sale Friday, March 22 at 10am.

Don't overlook it's 10 am Eastern European time, so it's 10 am Finland time, 9am for the central Europeans and Scandinavians, middle of the night in NA

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
Any idea on the average price levels lower bowl and upper bowl to expect, in reference to 2018?

My own personal experience dates back to 2010 BOS vs. Coyotes in Prag where I got tickets 2nd row behind the net for 160 € per seat in the first game, and 50 € for seats in the rafters for the second game.

Rat Trick

#CatsAreComing
Apr 23, 2014
Any idea on the average price levels lower bowl and upper bowl to expect, in reference to 2018?

My own personal experience dates back to 2010 BOS vs. Coyotes in Prag where I got tickets 2nd row behind the net for 160 € per seat in the first game, and 50 € for seats in the rafters for the second game.
If I have to guess, 100-150€ upper level and 200-300€ lower. No confirmation though.

Reactions: austropanther

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad