HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: 2024 Playoff Edition

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Jeff skinner hit 80 points and has never made the playoffs, nor is his game going to help a team ever win a series. Kuzmenko nearly did it and was a cap dump this year.

Points aren't everything.

Brent Seabrook was a career #2 and contributed heavily to three cups.
Points are not everything but they still matters. You're talking about Seabrook like if he was one of those 15 points "i can't get the puck out of the zone but hey i'm good in front of the net dmen". He had three 40+ season and was doing over 30 points more often than not and he was also scoring between 7 and 10 goals almost every year. He could support the offense well enough.

Reactions: Habs10Habs and bsl

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Should? There's more chances to be friction betweern Tort and Michkov than the sun rises tomorrow.
I’d bet against that happening.

Management will be making sure their prized draftee is getting plenty of rope after all the uncertainty of hauling him aboard.

Reactions: bsl

Leto

Feb 16, 2023
I’d bet against that happening.

Management will be making sure their prized draftee is getting plenty of rope after all the uncertainty of hauling him aboard.

Management I have no doubt, but Torts is never taking any prisoners (c.f., him benching Couturier).​

Reactions: Runner77

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I never got the impression Torts was hard on rookies/youngsters.

If anything, he seems to be the type who is far more patient with young players/rookies than vets...which is probably what gets him killed in the end.
True, although the thing with Michkov that Torts might want more out of is the defensive side and physicality. If a forward isn't blocking shots, he's basically in the dog house no matter if it's a rookie or a vet.

Habano

Allez les Bleus, (Blancs, Rouges)
May 18, 2012
They've got the coach that is I just wanted to stand a couple of them already next yearI just wanted to stand a couple of them already next year

Come on oil where's your power play
My bad, for some reason I was confusing Berube with Brindamour. Age does these things lol

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Management I have no doubt, but Torts is never taking any prisoners (c.f., him benching Couturier).​
Except that this is a first year player faced with multiple challenges — Torts is a hot head but I can’t imagine Michkov getting put through a grinder right away. We’ll find out soon enough.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Pass on elite skill and a much needed forward because … of where the Habs are at in their rebuild? Engels, they’re paying you for this hogwash?

He tried to hinge it on the risk of Michkov never coming, which he fell for, hook, line and sinker based on what Brière said a few days ago. This is the media we deserve.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
Pass on elite skill and a much needed forward because … of where the Habs are at in their rebuild? Engels, they’re paying you for this hogwash?

He tried to hinge it on the risk of Michkov never coming, which he fell for, hook, line and sinker based on what Brière said a few days ago. This is the media we deserve.

I really hope the Habs are paying him good money under the table, otherwise the term "cuckhold" is justified here. This guy carries the organization's water, groceries, luggage and mail.

Not even mad about the whole draft situation, just a general observation I've noticed with Engels and how he'll go to any length to not only justify the Habs' every move, which is fine on its own, but also commit to every moving being made as unquestionably correct. Ultimate brown noser.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I really hope the Habs are paying him good money under the table, otherwise the term "cuckhold" is justified here. This guy carries the organization's water, groceries, luggage and mail.

Not even mad about the whole draft situation, just a general observation I've noticed with Engels, ultimate brown noser.
There's a few of those. It's well known that ever since Savard kicked out the media from the plane they are all suck up.

When is the last time you've heard one of the top beat reporter say something bad about the Habs?

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022

Not even mad about the whole draft situation, just a general observation I've noticed with Engels, ultimate brown noser.
HuGo broke off a few crumbs for Basu and Engles and had them eating out of the Habs org’s hands ever since.

The fact they skipped Michkov is justifiable and/or understandable — but the media shouldn’t have been complicit or doing PR on the organization’s behalf. It’s completely unnecessary for local media to work overtime on behalf of the club.

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
There's a few of those. It's well known that ever since Savard kicked out the media from the plane they are all suck up.

When is the last time you've heard one of the top beat reporter say something bad about the Habs?
Engels started taking vague but obvious broadsides at Bergevin toward the very very very end. But they all have the same optimist positive tone. I think it’s for the best. Habs fans don’t react well to bad things said about the Habs.

I was wrong to be so pessimistic or critical in my commentary and it has thrown me off tbh.

The fanbase is knowledgeable enough but as a fan culture it really does not tolerate negativity or criticism directed at the Habs organization. Even among my childhood friends, with whom I went to matches and watched RDS eating pizza, they don’t like to hear any criticisms. They brush it off and prefer to talk about bright spots.

If there are criticisms it has to be a scapegoat player or staff member and even then, the argument has to be so specific so that it doesn’t imply there are other problems around the club at any time.

This has been my personal observation, anyway.

Reactions: the

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
People moving goal posts.
It was never actually about 'He will never come to North America!!!'
It was always about not thinking he would be a fit + playing the team game + another smol forward.
If he becomes anything close to Bedard, like the vocal complainers seem to think, then I'll get upset and join in but right now he has proven nothing.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
People moving goal posts.
It was never actually about 'He will never come to North America!!!'
Well this is wrong, this was definitely a concern that many so-called experts here brought up. The inability to control development and uncertainty on when and if he'd come over was absolutely said here many times.
It was always about not thinking he would be a fit + playing the team game + another smol forward.
But based off of what? Making such claims means that you would have to watch and know the player pretty well, but people were also saying management couldn't properly watch games of him. So not sure how an HF poster would have access to evaluate Michkov through watching and making such claims when they acknowledge that management couldn't.
If he becomes anything close to Bedard, like the vocal complainers seem to think, then I'll get upset and join in but right now he has proven nothing.
Does he have to be another Bedard for this to happen, or is a 70-80 point winger good enough to acknowledge this? Assuming of course that Bedard is a 100 point forward which I think we all can agree he can and likely will become.

Reactions: ReHabs and Andrei79

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013

A potential star talent at forward is quite literally the biggest need this team has had in three decades. What is Engels smoking ? If Michkov is significantly better than Reinbacher, questions will need to be answered by management.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad