HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: 2024 Playoff Edition

Leto

Feb 16, 2023
I will say that I'm not expecting Michkov to put up a ton of points given how Philly has like no good skilled forwards besides Konecny and Tippett.

Bedard produced at a 73 pts pace, while Carlsson/Fantilli produced at a 43-45 pts pace in their D+1 season in the NHL. 40-50 pts should be a reasonable benchmark of production for Michkov.​

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Eh I don't know about that, the guy is one of the most skilled and smartest prospects in recent times. While it's more likely that he doesn't become a 100 point forward, it would still be a terrible look for management to pass up on someone who can be a dynamic PPG forward. Not only did we pass up on him for a dman, but now we are pretty much avoiding all dmen for this year to draft a forward. Management better hope it doesn't work out with Michkov because it will look like a complete disaster otherwise.
Looks like a complete disaster if Reinbacher struggles and Michkov is a top 6 forward, sure.

Having someone call him a 100 point forward is beyond ridiculous.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Bedard produced at a 73 pts pace, while Carlsson/Fantilli produced at a 43-45 pts pace in their D+1 season in the NHL. 40-50 pts should be a reasonable benchmark of production for Michkov.​
I don't think Torts will give Michkov as much rope as the Hawks are giving Bedard. Fantilli spent a lot of time playing with Gaudreau while Carlsson spent a lot of time with Terry. I guess it will depend on where he plays.

Reactions: Leto

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
There’s an in-between somewhere in there and it’s not popular anymore it seems. That’s just uncalled for and stupid. Social media thrives on “takes” now, it narrows the grey zones to the margins when it should be prominent.
This is totally expected. Nothing like hyperbole and drama queens for entertainment.

Next up, the listing of Hughes’ gaffes (Michkov, Lehky, Mesar, not trading the Donkey when he had the chance etc.) and the classic #FireHughes.

Of course, doing this completely disregards all the solid moves Hughes has made and how if you break down any GM’s record, there will be miscues.

Heffyhoof

So happy to be glad to be pleased to meet you.
Jan 17, 2016
Some people are more interested in being right than supporting the team they cheer for.
Don't get me wrong, you can find old posts of mine where I heavily advocated for picking Michkov and I was disappointed when the pick happened. Now I'm just excited that Reinbacher will be in NA for the year and I can watch a bunch of his games.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
And now vengeful snipers are once again coming out of the woodwork.

After all the crap that Slaf had to deal with early on, we do need to give the time to see how each player turns out. That being said, there are also people who were convinced that Michkov wouldn't come here for a while but they were dead wrong because he's already coming over.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
If Reinbacher pans out and michkov doesn't become the hundred point forward he was advertised as I don't really care. If he comes a zherdev it's even funnier.

We will see. No reason to get angry before their d+2 even begins.

Leto

Feb 16, 2023
I don't think Torts will give Michkov as much rope as the Hawks are giving Bedard. Fantilli spent a lot of time playing with Gaudreau while Carlsson spent a lot of time with Terry. I guess it will depend on where he plays.

I am curious to see how Briere will handle the situation should there be friction between Torts and Michkov. The Flyers already alienated and traded Gauthier at a loss, surely they won't let it happen again. If Michkov is the prospective dynamo that he has been described as, you can't afford to miss manage him.​

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
If Reinbacher pans out and michkov doesn't become the hundred point forward he was advertised as I don't really care. If he comes a zherdev it's even funnier.

We will see. No reason to get angry before their d+2 even begins.
Pans out how? If Reinbacher becomes a #2 dman and Michkov an 80 point forward, you should care. But yes, there's no reason to get angry until we know what both players become.

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
Here we go, what a surprise that Michkov is coming to the NHL, I'm shocked, who would have thought ?
1597082797-thierrycoach2.jpg

Reinbacher better be a #1D, because Michkov is going to be good, if not great...

"But but Brière told us two days ago that he may never come"

Kojak, you better be right about Reinbacher.
1650980168-risichad1650980035825.png

Reactions: Runner77

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Pans out how? If Reinbacher becomes a #2 dman and Michkov an 80 point forward, you should care. But yes, there's no reason to get angry until we know what both players become.
Jeff skinner hit 80 points and has never made the playoffs, nor is his game going to help a team ever win a series. Kuzmenko nearly did it and was a cap dump this year.

Points aren't everything.

Brent Seabrook was a career #2 and contributed heavily to three cups.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Jeff skinner hit 80 points and has never made the playoffs, nor is his game going to help a team ever win a series. Kuzmenko nearly did it and was a cap dump this year.

Points aren't everything.

Brent Seabrook was a career #2 and contributed heavily to three cups.
When I say 80 point player, I'm not saying 80 points one time in his career and then being a 40-60 point player for the rest of his career like how Skinner did.

Kessel was essentially an 80 point forward and was instrumental for the Pens back to back cups. Sanheim is a #2 that just turned 28 and has made the playoffs twice in his career. Even superstar dman Dahlin hasn't even made the playoffs.

What team a player plays on makes a world of difference in terms of success.

WG

Sep 9, 2008
The 3 years had nothing to do with passing on him. Presumably character issues, size and his potential were.
Agreed. HuGo I think are smart enough to know that when drafting most prospects and especially drafting defensemen, expecting high end NHL performance in D+1 and D+2 years is a stretch. So it was either wait three years for Michkov or wait three years before Reinbacher is more than 'just a guy'.

I'd like to eventually know the rationale but it must have been some combo of his less than 200-foot game, uncertainty around his development etc. But it should never have been about waiting 3 years to get MM in the lineup.

BergevinBurner

Sep 27, 2019
Passing on Michkov is going to age even worse than passing on Tkachuk.

It's gonna hurt watching him tear it up with Philadelphia next year, I wouldn't be shocked if he has a more productive season than Bedard either.

Reactions: Devonator

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Looks like a complete disaster if Reinbacher struggles and Michkov is a top 6 forward, sure.

Having someone call him a 100 point forward is beyond ridiculous.
Why do people want to cross the bridge before getting to it. Reinbacher looked very good in the AHL for a 19 years old dman. There's no reason to doubt this pick atm.

I am curious to see how Briere will handle the situation should there be friction between Torts and Michkov. The Flyers already alienated and traded Gauthier at a loss, surely they won't let it happen again. If Michkov is the prospective dynamo that he has been described as, you can't afford to miss manage him.​
Should? There's more chances to be friction betweern Tort and Michkov than the sun rises tomorrow.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad