Boston Bruins 2024-25 Roster and Salary Cap Discussion II

Status
Not open for further replies.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
- Lindholm will be the belle of the ball and probably the Bruins first choice if they can find a taker for Ullmark.

- Stamkos is still a PPG center who would push the offensive needle for the Bruins. But it's hard to see him as anything but a Lightning and he wouldn't be a long term solution to the #1 center spot for the Bruins.

- Drai is a pipe dream, but a very interesting one. I think the Bruins could drum up a package that would make the Oilers think, but it would gut them of a lot of young talent on ELC's they could use, like Poitras, Lysell, and Lohrei ( probably Ullmark and Zacha would have to go to in the deal for $$$ reasons )

- PLD, I want no part of. As much as I like to think the Bruins culture would help him reach his potential, I get the impression that he's just too damn moody to trust him. Huge risk making a move for him with that contract, which will probably mean he can get moved for less than market price for a guy of his skill. But heavy buyer beware vibes with that guy and a gamble that could probably end a GM's career if it doesn't work out with the team that gets the hot potato that has become PLD.

- Stephenson is a good player but I feel like he's more of the same of what we have. While solid regular season players and who performed well, both Coyle and Zacha couldn't get the Bruins on the scoreboard more in the playoffs. Having a real #1 center changes the complexion of the team and helps guys like Zacha and Coyle slot in the hierarchy of line matchups in playoff series.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
I won't trade him within the division, unless it is an absurd overpayment. But I am willing to send him to the other division

I'd probably do this. I like Freddy a lot, but he will get pretty expensive after next year,
I would add Frederic to this deal, but I also want NJ's 1st pick this year.

Reactions: Gordoff

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
I don’t think we’re getting a big prize for Ullmark, he had a good season, but obviously didn’t get a chance to do anything in the playoffs. LA and NJ are the most likely destinations, and both those guys have a big physical million dollar left defenseman (Englund and Bahl). Add draft picks to that and solve a problem on the backend on the cheap.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I don't think he'll be asking for the moon. He had a great season and playoffs but he's still relatively unproven over a long stretch and as a bonafide starter carrying a team without a #1b right there for relief... At the same time he's still earned a nice contract. My guess would be long term at 5.5 which I'd be more than happy with especially shedding Ullmarks contract.
Swayman? I heard Ty Anderson (I think it was him) say that it's going to be $8 million Xs 8 years. he said that in the next few years it won't look too bad because the Cap is projected to go up to around $100 million. Said the "league is floating in money" between advertisements and expansion.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Here’s my:

Obviously won’t happen, but I’d love to see it, lineup.

Notes:
Ullmark to LA for a package including a #1 this year
Frederic to St. Louis for Toropchenko and a 3rd (maybe the B’s would need to add?)

Attachments

• IMG_2233.png
    IMG_2233.png
    632 KB · Views: 3
Reactions: Gordoff and SPV

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Free agency is very blah

Its been very blah for most pro leagues these days teams mainly sign or trade their major young talent.

It is blah (almost always is), and it will get more blah, as it is likely that 3-5 of the top 20 players will be signed before FA (Hopefully Jake is one of those). I kind of assume Reinhart will sign.

I expect Lindholm will make it to FA. He is a near perfect fir for their needs. Gonna cost too much, but i think that is their one big move

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
They need some speed, I'd be intrigued by Sprong, can give them some depth production as well.

Add Trenin/Duhaime to the 4th line. Then Lindholm is a likely candidate for C. Not sure how I feel about signing him yet at his age.

I could get aboard signing Dakota Joshua as well, but I have some fear that signing him after a career year could be a mistake.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gordoff and sarge88

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
They need some speed, I'd be intrigued by Sprong, can give them some depth production as well

Sprong is 27 and hasn't really cashed in. With a lot of teams with money this offseason, I have to assume he is going to try to maximize hi earnings as this is his one big chance. Nice enough player, but I have to think he is going to be looking for 5 years in the 15-20 million total range, and with the amount of money available this offseason I suspect some GM will give it to him. I don't want to be that team

Reactions: NDiesel

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
zacha-xxxx-pasta
marchand-coyle-xxxx
Freddy-Geekie-Poitras
xxxx-Beecher-xxxx
Lauko

xxxx-mac
lindholm-Carlo
Lohrei-Peeke
Wotherspoon

Sway-Bussi

I heard Raycroft say today that he thought a veteran would be brought in via free agency to backup Swayman.

Said Bussi would be given the chance to take the job though.

Disappointing to me because I assumed Bussi was a shoe in for the back up job at probably no more than 1.33 or so.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I heard Raycroft say today that he thought a veteran would be brought in via free agency to backup Swayman.

Said Bussi would be given the chance to take the job though.

Disappointing to me because I assumed Bussi was a shoe in for the back up job at probably no more than 1.33 or so.

If they bring in a veteran and are going to give Bussi a chance to win the job, then you are likely talking about a veteran in the 1 million dollar range. Someone that knows the might be banished to Providence.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
If they bring in a veteran and are going to give Bussi a chance to win the job, then you are likely talking about a veteran in the 1 million dollar range. Someone that knows the might be banished to Providence.

Hopefully.

My only worry is that Rayzor also said he’s pretty sure Swayman wouldn’t play more than 55/60 games, so I hope they stick with the million dollar club and don’t get spooked into paying more.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Hopefully.

My only worry is that Rayzor also said he’s pretty sure Swayman wouldn’t play more than 55/60 games, so I hope they stick with the million dollar club and don’t get spooked into paying more.

I think there is a 60+% chance that Bussi would not clear waivers. So if they bring in someone above him, they might as will find a team to deal him to this offseason.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
And despite all your post, if the Bruins score on 1/5th of their high danger chances, they advance.

Lot of cups can be won when you have good goaltending and D.

I'm well aware that he CAN. I'm just not sure that he will.

Obviously he has to trade Linus. I'm just not sure it'll be for the A-list name everyone wants.
“Coulda woulda shoulda”. If Marchand scored on the breakaway last years playoffs in game 5 the Bruins end the series & advance. Yet here we are 2 seasons in a row getting bounced by the same Panthers squad.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Can we at least agree we were tough enough and just lacked finishers?

I hope we can end the ridiculous toughness thing. We were tough, our goaltending was elite, our D was great.

Our F's needed to score in high danger spots and did not. Let's get more who do.
Lacked finishers. Yes. Tough enough
No. Personally I will end "ridiculous toughness thing" when I feel they are tough enough.

Add Zadarov, Duhaime and Joshua and they will be tough enough

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Lacked finishers. Yes. Tough enough
No. Personally I will end "ridiculous toughness thing" when I feel they are tough enough.

Add Zadarov, Duhaime and Joshua and they will be tough enough

Perhaps tough enough, certainly not talented enough, as basically you spend most of the money upgrading toughness. Leaving not enough to solve their #1 center, or second line wing needs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad