Kunin Beecher Brazeau

Lohrei McAvoy
Lindholm Carlo
Wotherspoon Peeke

Last edited:
Reactions: Gordoff

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Dream scenario would be to find a young center to go with pasta. I’d even “lose a trade” to solidify that. I like Lindholm but I don’t think it adds up just with his age and cost.

I know people would say well then what is available and I don’t know and that’s why I would overpay to get someone in the age range of pasta/sway/mcavoy. But they need a center and a top 6 wing on top of keeping Debrusk(at the right price).

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Dream scenario would be to find a young center to go with pasta. I’d even “lose a trade” to solidify that. I like Lindholm but I don’t think it adds up just with his age and cost.

I know people would say well then what is available and I don’t know and that’s why I would overpay to get someone in the age range of pasta/sway/mcavoy. But they need a center and a top 6 wing on top of keeping Debrusk(at the right price).

Their problem is right now they don't have the assets to overpay with.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

100% agree on all

He needs a early to mid-ish young center who’s a stud offensive player

I mentioned Necas because of all the obvious confections but he might be more a Marchand type next in line

I’m not sure who - Hertl in the end probably has to many miles

Pastrnak is kinda of like LaFleur/Bossy type but they had HOF centers in Lemaire & Trottier

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Their problem is right now they don't have the assets to overpay with.

They will if they trade Ullmark.

Zacha and ullmarks return for a center. Bring back Debrusk. After debrusks playoffs give him a little more than the Bryan rust deal. I’ll always favor playoff production over regular season and Debrusk has that and he solidified that this year more than ever. But I fully expect that going forward. He’s established himself as a playoff performer now continue it.

Now go be fine overpaying for a top line center and figure out the depth after you have your future center of the “core”

I will never condemn a team for overpaying for a top 15 center or better. Hell, I don’t think you would ever be able to acquire a top 15 center without overpaying unless it’s through the draft.

Last edited:

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I kind of feel like we're going to miss out on Lindholm and they'll sign Stamkos to a 2 or 3 year deal at high money to bridge the gap until Poitras develops or another stud center becomes available.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I kind of feel like we're going to miss out on Lindholm and they'll sign Stamkos to a 2 or 3 year deal at high money to bridge the gap until Poitras develops or another stud center becomes available.
I’d be cool with that too

Shoutout to this team for going a couple weeks longer than last years team, less thumb twiddling for us

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
While I understand the labeling of Draisaitl as a pipe dream…simply because he’s really good…I’m not buying it. This board is historically consistent in under-rating its own assets.

Put yourself in Edmonton’s shoes…you just had an absolute goalie disaster…killed the team…now a one year removed Vezina goalie is available…there’s no better foundation to start talking. McJesus has got to get that Cup…Tout de suite.

Sure, there’s + + being thrown in on both sides, but there’s no reason to not seriously explore this…

The Bruins need to get in deep discussions with the Oilers and Kings. It’s all about fit…and having that foundation to start from to build a deal.

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
They will if they trade Ullmark.

Zacha and ullmarks return for a center. Bring back Debrusk. After debrusks playoffs give him a little more than the Bryan rust deal. I’ll always favor playoff production over regular season and Debrusk has that and he solidified that this year more than ever. But I fully expect that going forward. He’s established himself as a playoff performer now continue it.

Now go be fine overpaying for a top line center and figure out the depth after you have your future center of the “core”

I will never condemn a team for overpaying for a top 15 center or better. Hell, I don’t think you would ever be able to acquire a top 15 center without overpaying unless it’s through the draft.
Zacha has a fat contract and a NMC, right?

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
While I understand the labeling of Draisaitl as a pipe dream…simply because he’s really good…I’m not buying it. This board is historically consistent in under-rating its own assets.

Put yourself in Edmonton’s shoes…you just had an absolute goalie disaster…killed the team…now a one year removed Vezina goalie is available…there’s no better foundation to start talking. McJesus has got to get that Cup…Tout de suite.

Sure, there’s + + being thrown in on both sides, but there’s no reason to not seriously explore this…

The Bruins need to get in deep discussions with the Oilers and Kings. It’s all about fit…and having that foundation to start from to build a deal.
I don’t disagree but the costs will have to include Lohrei plus (plus?) id guess. I still make the trade personally.

Numbah4

Mar 6, 2008
Obviously, we need a center and another forward. But, I’d also like to get a defenseman who can quarterback our power play. Would ya sacrifice a better defensive defenseman for that? Carlo or Hampus??

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
Obviously, we need a center and another forward. But, I’d also like to get a defenseman who can quarterback our power play. Would ya sacrifice a better defensive defenseman for that? Carlo or Hampus??
No. I’d train Lohrei to be that guy. Carlo came into his own as a leader this year…and while a lot of people are eyeing Hampus…that fresh fat contract really is prohibitive. Moving that…talk about pipe dreams.

————————-

Let’s talk Dubois. Flame on! Haha

Plenty of smoke last deadline that it was Dubois for Ullmark. I believe it. Hell, I had been calling it for months. They need a goalie. So looking in that direction made sense.

Now…there was talk of buying Dubois out at the end of the season…so LA has to be thrilled to sit down.

So, while Dubois is a huge risk and certified malcontent…the tables are turned compared to a Draisadl deal.

LA would have to bend over backwards to get Vezina Linus, while unloading a boom or bust center.

We talk about Linus for picks and prospects, DS might be able to get a potential star center AND the prospects at the same time…AND have LA eat a sizable part of the deal.

You gotta figure LA and BOS are gonna revisit this deal now that Ullmark’s family can comfortably move.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
You don’t think Lohrei can do it

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
Zacha has a fat contract and a NMC, right?
Modified No-Trade Clause. I read that thinking wth would Sweeney have given Pavel Zacha of all people a NMC? At least a M-NTC makes some sense.

Not on a cup contender. Maybe, down the road. But, not yet.
Newsflash: we’re not a cup contender. Not yet anyway.

Numbah4

Mar 6, 2008
Bertuzzi and Zadarov would add some snarl
We can’t score. We can’t get the puck out of our zone. We’ll get better at those two things if we get tougher. Ok.

We added Maroon. Did he prevent Marchy from getting cheap shotted? Nope. Did he get retribution from them later. Again. Nope.

• Haha
Reactions: capecodder
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad