GDT: WCSF GM05 | Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers | Thur. May 16th | 7pm PST | SNP/CBC | So Tight, Almost Like a Playoff Series

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grumbler

Oct 25, 2012
Dan O rouke is also a bad ref against the canucks…not much better than that ass hat sutherland

Reactions: Red

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
I wonder if his knee is pooched. If so maybe we can robidas island him or have him get another surgery/stash on LTIR.

Mikheyev just doesn't seem to win puck races anymore. He was always good for breakaways but that ACL injury just zapped his speed.
i think he needs a full offseason to rebuild his speed, problem is are we willing to take on that risk.

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
i think he needs a full offseason to rebuild his speed, problem is are we willing to take on that risk.
It's not solely his speed that is his concern. It's the fact he is not getting any younger and continues to get banged up from nothing plays. This has been a concern since his Toronto days where he sustained two injuries from non-contact plays.

He's an awkward player who lacks skill to be a top 6 player and has zero grit to be a bottom 6 player.

You do whatever you can to ship this player out and replace him with a league min player or a prospect.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Come on, boys, give us an ultimate performance tonight!

1715892400706.png

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
guys guys i was just walking on west 41st and saw a guy in a #5 ballard jersey. at first as he was walking towards me i was like, that 5 seems oddly placed to be a horvat jersey, then as i passed him i was like, maybe it’s a custom with his own name on it. but i turned around to make sure after we passed each other, legit keith ballard jersey.

despite all common sense, i choose to take this as a good omen

1715893118367.gif

happy game day everyone

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
Good to see these adjustments to the lines. Keeping the same Petey line would have been insane.
And welcome back, Mr. Soucy. As always, you were missed.

deadinthewater992

May 7, 2024
guys guys i was just walking on west 41st and saw a guy in a #5 ballard jersey. at first as he was walking towards me i was like, that 5 seems oddly placed to be a horvat jersey, then as i passed him i was like, maybe it’s a custom with his own name on it. but i turned around to make sure after we passed each other, legit keith ballard jersey.

despite all common sense, i choose to take this as a good omen

happy game day everyone

Ballard. 😅 Poor guy was constantly in AV's doghouse.

• Haha
Reactions: David71

beckstreaker07

Jul 2, 2009
Didn't Keith Ballard wear #4 for the Nucks?

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
Didn't Keith Ballard wear #4 for the Nucks?

oh shit you’re right. #5 was ehrhoff and later gary.

two questions that i chalk up to this being an oracle:

why did i remember ballard as #5?

and obviously why was that weirdo wearing a #5 ballard jersey?

this is the weirdest coincidence ever. omen

1715893723538.png

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
It's not solely his speed that is his concern. It's the fact he is not getting any younger and continues to get banged up from nothing plays. This has been a concern since his Toronto days where he sustained two injuries from non-contact plays.

He's an awkward player who lacks skill to be a top 6 player and has zero grit to be a bottom 6 player.

You do whatever you can to ship this player out and replace him with a league min player or a prospect.
yep averages 54 games and has 62 career goals in 300 games which means you can expect 11 goals if he has an average season. Sad part is that data is with Pettersson Kuzmenko Matthews Marner Tavares Nylander for large chunks.

Will be 30 in October. Soft wont engage almost always turns away from contact and is even worse in tight games where he has to battle and think his way through harder coverage. At best his speed returns and he's a serviceable 4th liner

Easy buy out

maybe in a place like San Jose or Chicago like Dickinson can find some confidence and success but he's done here with Tocchet me thinks

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007

but let us all live in a fantasyland where we entertain the 1% chance best case scenario of the mikheyev signing, which ftr i hated at the time, where he becomes the player blake coleman became under similar circumstances.

that said, i am far happier to have mikheyev turn into eriksson and miller turn into miller than if mikheyev had turned into blake coleman and miller had stayed... well basically blake coleman. can’t win 'em all.

Reactions: SeawaterOnIce

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
“Despite some muted point totals coming from his club team, he’s made a habit of showing up in a big way on the international stage. Plays excellent hockey in high pressure situations.”

Big Game Podz!

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
but let us all live in a fantasyland where we entertain the 1% chance best case scenario of the mikheyev signing, which ftr i hated at the time, where he becomes the player blake coleman became under similar circumstances.

that said, i am far happier to have mikheyev turn into eriksson and miller turn into miller than if mikheyev had turned into blake coleman and miller had stayed... well basically blake coleman. can’t win 'em all.

2021-2022 was just crap timing for everything.

If the owner had cleaned house after the 2021 season, you probably undo a bunch of stupid trades/signings and have cap space to sign a guy like Zach Hyman who was worth the gamble.

Reactions: Nick Lang
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad