Series Discussion: Series Discussion Habs 4 - Jets 0

Status
Not open for further replies.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
I'm not so sure Ves is a top 6 kind of player. Plays the body hard and defends well. Seems like the kind of player who would do well with Lowry on the 3rd line. Hopefully we get Stats back and we can juggle the lines a bit more. Maybe find some chemistry.

I think he's definitely a Top 6 player, although maybe not now. I also think he's playing exactly the way he's been coached this year: skate hard, forecheck aggressively, work the boards and when in doubt chip or dump the puck. Minimize risk, aim for zone time.

This kid has great tools, and has been a solid-to-prolific scorer at every level. He has some work to in order to learn when to pass, when to shoot, when to crash the net, when to finesse from the boards, when to peel back and protect in order for better options. Ideally, he's a trigger-man doing the work to rush the puck in or dig it out, and more than anything he needs confidence. I don't think it's a coincidence that when the Jets unleash their lowest-risk game, they're not scoring, from anywhere.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I think he's definitely a Top 6 player, although maybe not now. I also think he's playing exactly the way he's been coached this year: skate hard, forecheck aggressively, work the boards and when in doubt chip or dump the puck. Minimize risk, aim for zone time.

This kid has great tools, and has been a solid-to-prolific scorer at every level. He has some work to in order to learn when to pass, when to shoot, when to crash the net, when to finesse from the boards, when to peel back and protect in order for better options. Ideally, he's a trigger-man doing the work to rush the puck in or dig it out, and more than anything he needs confidence. I don't think it's a coincidence that when the Jets unleash their lowest-risk game, they're not scoring, from anywhere.

Agreed. I expect that he'll be an every day player next year and his game will grow as he gains confidence.

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016

I think he just needs to put one in and the gates will be open. He’s played really well defensively. Should be a productive bottom/middle 6 player.

Reactions: JetsUK

Teemusalami204

Jul 30, 2014
Winnipeg
I wish a reporter would ask wheeler this

“ in the bos vs nyi game 4 there has been a scrum after every single whistle. 2 fights in the first period ( hall being in one) . In game two vs Canadians there was barely one scrum after the whistle, what’s the difference between yours and their series? “

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
Rare sighting: George tumbling in here drunk!

Not much of a drinker, but winded up getting hammered on homemade margaritas.

See we're down 2 games now. Not surprising. It's going to be a sweep.

You know things are bad when we can beat the Oilers but are having our asses handed to us by the shitty Habs.

Whoops, I'm starting to sober up, so heading out for more booze.

Hopefully we get swept! :biglaugh:

Reactions: SUX2BU and sipowicz

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
And Canada is in the Gold Medal game after a miraculous turnaround.

The tournament isn't meant to develop players.
Then why’d Perfetti go instead of staying on moose who are devoted to developing him.

rkp

Mar 31, 2011
when u lose a game by one goal....defence isnt the problem...is 55 gonna be that much of a concern considering he played all of the game except for the last minute when he got the penalty...and and we still lost...we still have ehlers ...kfc...wheeler...

Teemusalami204

Jul 30, 2014
Winnipeg
when u lose a game by one goal....defence isnt the problem...is 55 gonna be that much of a concern considering he played all of the game except for the last minute when he got the penalty...and and we still lost...we still have ehlers ...kfc...wheeler...

I think it’s the drama surrounding the loss.

last year we lost sheif in dramatic fashion and we played exactly the same as we are this year.

Reactions: AlaskaJet and rkp

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
This loser Habs team got so lucky that they injured the Leafs' 3rd best forward in the second shift of the series, then injured the Leafs' best dman in game 6 and then ran into a Jets team missing their #1C, their #2C and their top pairing RD.

Cannot wait for Colorado to completely annihilate them.

Reactions: snowkiddin and GNP

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
This loser Habs team got so lucky that they injured the Leafs' 3rd best forward in the second shift of the series, then injured the Leafs' best dman in game 6 and then ran into a Jets team missing their #1C, their #2C and their top pairing RD.

Cannot wait for Colorado to completely annihilate them.

I want our team to find a way to win tomorrow. I don’t care about anything else right now.

one win on Sunday.

Reactions: Nedarb and GNP

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

The issue is that Perfetti has been one of Canada's best performers not playing on the first line and him riding the pine seems to be based on nothing more then his age and the fact that he isn't in the NHL yet.

FonRiesen

Sep 28, 2017
Vancouver Island

Go check out that World Championship thread - I posted the stats. If Perfetti hadn't scored the GWG in their first win there would have been no chance for Canada to reach the playoffs. He is Canada's 7th best scorer with only 1 player having less min/game... And 2 players with less total minutes. He's better than most of the guys there...

Edit: sorry, I posted the stats in the Moose thread, taking about Perfetti....

Last edited:
Reactions: surixon

AlaskaJet

Retrieves pucks and ducks
Sep 29, 2017
Olympia, Washington (from Ft. Garry)
I think it’s the drama surrounding the loss.

last year we lost sheif in dramatic fashion and we played exactly the same as we are this year.
This series we taxied out for take off and weren’t the Jets we could have been, but were more like a WWII Lancaster, takes a while to to get all 4 Merlins up and throbbing..Now we’re almost on target and just need to fly straight at the goal and let the big bombs go..Dambuster time..
Go Jets!

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Agreed..as the Newfies like to say, “By L.T.&J..YES!!!”:thumbu:

It's actually...

lard_tunderin_jaysus_by_t_shirt-r3e4503fb433a454b9551bb922a85acf8_jyr6t_540.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad