Roster Building thread - Part X - (TDL edition)

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
Kakko is 100% an NHL player. But he also 100% may not be worse his impending raise to a cap strapped team like the Rangers. Feel like either him or Othmann getting dealt this summer. Kakko definitely is a good player, might not ever be a great player, but that’s fine
The thing with Kakko is... he's got a frame that you would want every single year in the playoffs. As he gets older, he's mixing it up more. He makes us immediately more difficult to handle. I know he doesn't score a ton, but he's the kind of player that helps wear a defense down. He's not necessarily doing it because he's checking guys into the rafters, he's doing it by being a horse and hard to knock off the puck. In the regular season, when there's more time and space, he's seen as not as important. But as these series tighten, the hope is that he can have a bigger impact in helping to wear down opposing D.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
It's interesting that you say this because while you may be right about what we need, what Kakko's strengths and weaknesses are, this may be true. Team needs more Benoit Pouliots and less Alex Frolovs.

That said, because Kakko tends to underperform in the most visible offensive statistics relative to his fancy stats, you could make the case that he'll often be underpaid, and therefore a bargain.
I'd rather have an underpaid 2 way winger at 4 mil per year than an overpaid 7 mil player, if that makes sense

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012

Not for nothing but what ever line Kakko is on tends to show up on these

Even though the line has scored ONE goal...
I know Kakko is playing really good hockey, I'm not questioning that, but these stats can be really hit or miss. I mean some of the highest lines on that list are not exactly scorching when it comes to goals scored the Wennberg line, Jeanott line, Maroon line... no matter what the stats say, I'M not expecting a ton of goals scored. Maybe they should re-name the stat. Hahaha.

Reactions: leetch99

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
I'd like to see Chytil playing center to Cuylle and Kakko with Wennberg centering Vesey and Goodrow
Havent seen too much of Wennberg and Vesey but they are both intelligent players who I could see come up with a deft passing play or something leading to a goal.

I know hes not the most offensive guy and can be a bore to watch but Wennberg is very good support player and is almost always in the right spot when things go wrong to get possession back.

Let Goody and Vesey dig it up on the forecheck and keep Wennberg up high on that line. Match them up against whoever and they are a threesome you can trust to get off the ice even.

Adding Chytil to that 3rd line adds a completely new dimension to the team. Its been so long since hes been with us, if hes full strength his presence may be even more pronounced 5on5 than we are thinking.

Ad

Upcoming events

• France vs USA
    France vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $225.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Canada
    Norway vs Canada
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $501.00