OT: Lindenwood

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Football will have their biggest test so far against #18 UT Martin on the road this week in their first OVC game.

Reactions: Ridge1982

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Receiving votes already Football Receiving Votes in Latest FCS Poll - Lindenwood University Athletics

And the hockey program’s first game vs Minnesota is on Bally Sports North

I hope the games vs Minnesota will be on the Big Ten Plus too for those outside of Bally's North range.

Also a programming note for the Women's series on the road against Bemidji State this week: They will be streams on Big 10 Plus as part of the WCHA's streaming deal. https://www.bigtenplus.com/en-int/playerpage/1523989

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
when will Bally midwest show some games ? Do you know ?
I'm not sure. The OVC agreement with ESPN doesn't allow for OVC sports to be shown on anything but an ESPN network or ESPN+. But I'm not sure how or if that affects non OVC sports like hockey.

Women's hockey broadcasts will be on FLoHockey with the new deal by College Hockey America.Nice thing is a subscription also allows fans to watch Atlantic Hockey and CCHA games, along with the USHL, and ECHL, so there is some added value to the subscription price. FloHockey To Serve As College Hockey America Streaming Partner In 2022-23 - FloHockey

Last edited:
Reactions: JMCx4 and Ridge1982

Ridge1982

Nov 4, 2019
As far as men’s hockey concerned, their games could be aired on Bally or the local channels since they’re an independent.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
All hockey tickets will go on sale Wednesday the 28th for those looking to watch some games

Ridge1982

Nov 4, 2019
Oof
Well, the football team has a lot to learn. They put up a fight in the first half but eventually UT Martin’s experience and athletes won out. They’ll be fine.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Oof
Well, the football team has a lot to learn. They put up a fight in the first half but eventually UT Martin’s experience and athletes won out. They’ll be fine.
UT Martin was about a 27.5 point favorite going into the game. I was happy to see LU give them a good fight in the first half especially after the pick 6 on the opening drive. But really when broken down quarter by quarter looking at the box score, it was just the 3rd where I'd say the Skyhawks won the game, they outscored us 21-0 that quarter alone, but all the others were tightly contested. Football vs Lindenwood on 9/24/2022 - Box Score - UTM Athletics

I don't think this game is an indication of how they do overall in the OVC, I expect the games like SEMO next Saturday to be tightly contested.

In other news LU women's hockey was swept by Bemidji State this weekend with 3-2 OT and 6-3 losses on the nights. Watch out for Morgan Neitzke this season I think she is poised to build on her successful year last season, and a good handful of the freshmen class made some early impacts offensively as well. The Lady Lions will have a tough weekend coming up though as they travel to #3 Wisconsin who just put up a 9-1 score against Penn State to close out their series.

Ridge1982

Nov 4, 2019
I saw the Wisconsin game last night and man, the LU goalie deserved a better fate.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
First official game is tomorrow, right? Traveling up to face 2nd ranked Minnesota. How many goals does Snuggerud get?

ValHaller

May 23, 2022
St. Louis, MO
I was very interested in supporting the team but not at $45/ticket.

NVM I see that's for a season ticket (4 games) but I would not be able to attend all of them due to other commitments. Kind of dumb you can't just buy 1 ticket for 1 game.

Last edited:

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
I was very interested in supporting the team but not at $45/ticket.

NVM I see that's for a season ticket (4 games) but I would not be able to attend all of them due to other commitments. Kind of dumb you can't just buy 1 ticket for 1 game.
Single game tickets are available. Scroll down past the season ticket offers to the "All Upcoming Events" list, or search men's/women's hockey in the search bar and click the game you want, the men's single game prices are as follows:
General Admission: $15.00 Advance / $18.00 Door
Alumni: $10.00 Advance / $13.00 Door
Senior (55+): $12.00
Children 12 & Under: $5.00
Children 5 & Under: Free
Little Lions Kids Club Members: Free with adult ticket purchase
Groups of 12+: $5.00 / each

Women's single game prices are $10 for GA and then $5 for every other category.

ValHaller

May 23, 2022
St. Louis, MO
Single game tickets are available. Scroll down past the season ticket offers to the "All Upcoming Events" list, or search men's/women's hockey in the search bar and click the game you want, the men's single game prices are as follows:
General Admission: $15.00 Advance / $18.00 Door
Alumni: $10.00 Advance / $13.00 Door
Senior (55+): $12.00
Children 12 & Under: $5.00
Children 5 & Under: Free
Little Lions Kids Club Members: Free with adult ticket purchase
Groups of 12+: $5.00 / each

Women's single game prices are $10 for GA and then $5 for every other category.
Thanks for clarifying. I'm stoked to get a chance to see them play. Working on wrangling a few people to come with.

Reactions: mk80

Ridge1982

Nov 4, 2019
Both the football and hockey programs held their own against ranked opponents. The future is bright.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Yesterday's game was wild with both coaching staffs likely unhappy about the number of penalties the two team racked up. Ultimately the Gophers pulled ahead and won it in the 3rd 6-4.

For any trivia aficionados out there the first ever NCAA men's hockey goal in LU history was scored by Kyle Jeffers. Bonus points for knowing the assists from David Gagnon and Caleb Price.

Ridge1982

Nov 4, 2019
Hockey team gave Michigan all they could handle, but it wasn’t enough to avoid a sweep.

On the other hand, Stugart’s guys put on an offensive show and prevailed as a 23 pt underdog down in central Arkansas.

Ridge1982

Nov 4, 2019
And that may have been the biggest upset win at the D1 and pro levels in the history of St. Louis sports since Spinks defeated Ali in their first matchup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad