Prospect Info: Olivier Nadeau, RW (97th overall, 2021) - Signed to ELC

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Caught most of the third in the Val-D'or vs. Shawinigan to take a look at Nadeau, wondering at his slowed scoring totals lately. Still seeing a guy involved around the net and along the wall. He makes creative plays, just things aren't going in again tonight.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Caught most of the third in the Val-D'or vs. Shawinigan to take a look at Nadeau, wondering at his slowed scoring totals lately. Still seeing a guy involved around the net and along the wall. He makes creative plays, just things aren't going in again tonight.

Well, scoring 7 points a game is a high ask. ;)

Re-your video, sick no-look pass on GF #1.

Reactions: Chainshot

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Highlights from last night: LHJMQ – Incluant la couverture en direct des matchs, des clips audio et vidéo nouvelles exclusives, billets, statistiques, classements, horaires et autres.

If you watch the video, Nadeau's assist is typical to his game. He picks the puck up off the boards to the goalie's left, just below the hash marks and tries to take it toward the slot. As the play gets scrambled, he pops it toward the net on his backhand, resulting in a goal by Canonica. Much of what he does in the offensive zone reminds me of a big version of Reinhart - smart wall play, good body positioning, and always always trying to get the puck to the goal mouth.

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
Highlights from last night: LHJMQ – Incluant la couverture en direct des matchs, des clips audio et vidéo nouvelles exclusives, billets, statistiques, classements, horaires et autres.

If you watch the video, Nadeau's assist is typical to his game. He picks the puck up off the boards to the goalie's left, just below the hash marks and tries to take it toward the slot. As the play gets scrambled, he pops it toward the net on his backhand, resulting in a goal by Canonica. Much of what he does in the offensive zone reminds me of a big version of Reinhart - smart wall play, good body positioning, and always always trying to get the puck to the goal mouth.

That's an analysis I approve of!

Saggy

Apr 24, 2019
Love the kid but my only concern is his skating. Very heavy boots. One he gets this fix he will have a nice little career ahead of him

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Love the kid but my only concern is his skating. Very heavy boots. One he gets this fix he will have a nice little career ahead of him

True enough, that is the primary hole in his game. He's been better this year than he was last (ONG has been keeping an eye on him moreso than I have), but there is a way to go yet.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Digable5

Buffalo Proton (Positively Charged)
Feb 23, 2004
West Seneca
Denis Hamel Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com
Luke Adam Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com
Olivier Nadeau (b.2003) Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com

They're all basically the same size, put up big numbers in the Q, and their skating needed work. Hopefully we're getting the Denis Hamel version without the knee injury. At the very least, the Amerks are getting a scorer.
wet-blanket-portada.png

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

They're all basically the same size, put up big numbers in the Q, and their skating needed work. Hopefully we're getting the Denis Hamel version without the knee injury. At the very least, the Amerks are getting a scorer.

Hamel pre-Chara wasn't as sluggish as he was post-Chara. Adams of the three (including after Hamel got his leg caught under a Sequoia) looked the slowest. If comparing Nadeau and Adam in D+1, Nadeau is already already outpacing Adam in points per game and has nearly as many goals already as Adam managed for his injury-shortened season.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY

I'm merely enjoying that we have 3rd/4th round guys in Bloom and Nadeau to actually talk about D+1.

The Brett Murray path is available to all (under the radar / not believed in for years, suddenly looks like a staple for the bottom 6).

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
I'm merely enjoying that we have 3rd/4th round guys in Bloom and Nadeau to actually talk about D+1.

The Brett Murray path is available to all (under the radar / not believed in for years, suddenly looks like a staple for the bottom 6).

I feel it’s the opposite. We have too many 3rd/4ths in D+1 we’ve talked about and then never developed great:

- Pekar - seems to have took a step back from D +1 hype
- Portillo - still great
- Huglen - well D +1 year after injury
- Laakssonen - still great
- Pu
- Borgen - Sabres best defender per HF that was let go

Others in the rounds: Fitzgerald, Murray, Bryson, Johansson

Actually past 8 years, we’ve done well drafting NHLers or potential NHLers in 3rd/4th. Brycen Martin is the only bust out of those and he played in Rochester.

Go back 9 years and we can add Baptise to the list too.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
I feel it’s the opposite. We have too many 3rd/4ths in D+1 we’ve talked about and then never developed great:

- Pekar - seems to have took a step back from D +1 hype
- Portillo - still great
- Huglen - well D +1 year after injury
- Laakssonen - still great
- Pu
- Borgen - Sabres best defender per HF that was let go

Others in the rounds: Fitzgerald, Murray, Bryson, Johansson

Actually past 8 years, we’ve done well drafting NHLers or potential NHLers in 3rd/4th. Brycen Martin is the only bust out of those and he played in Rochester.

Go back 9 years and we can add Baptise to the list too.
Nick baptiste was 9 f’ing years ago? I’m so old.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Wheeler has Nadeau as the Sabres #13 prospect in his annual ranking of NHL prospect pools (Sabres are #1)

Wheeler’s 2022 NHL prospect pool rankings: No. 1 Buffalo Sabres – The Athletic

13. Olivier Nadeau, RW, 19 (Shawinigan Cataractes)
Nadeau’s a big, strong, puck-protection winger who controls the puck well, understands how to use his linemates, and has surprising finesse to his game. I like the way he works from the outside in, whether that’s taking the puck off the wall to the inside or waiting for a seam to open so that he can make a play through the centre of the ice from the perimeter. His acceleration from a standstill needs some work if he’s going to win the 10-foot races that are so common at the pro level and create like he has in junior. But I’ve seen progress there this year. He’s a top player in the QMJHL, he’s got desired size (6-foot-2, about 200 pounds), and he can make plays. He’s also playing a more forceful game this year (with and without the puck), which I think is a positive sign if he’s going to meet his third-line ceiling at the next level. I’m a fan.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad