Prospect Info: Olivier Nadeau, RW (97th overall, 2021) - Signed to ELC

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I hope his skating is better than Brett Murray, otherwise he looks very solid.

Reactions: jc17

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
His skating looks better than last year, by no means is it a strength but it won't hold him back
I thought it seemed a little lacking at the prospect games but he was one if the younger guys so hopefully it continues to improve. Easier to teach skating than scoring. Hopefully he fits their mold and is motivated to work, even while having so much success in the Q

Reactions: Old Navy Goat

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
His skating was why he dropped in the draft. He looked slow at prospect's camp, but he's turned a corner and is moving much more dynamically since his Q season started
Wouldn’t that just be a product of being back in the Q and having more time/space?

Its seems too short a time frame (from prospects camp to Q season) for him to meaningfully improve his skating ability.

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
Wouldn’t that just be a product of being back in the Q and having more time/space?

Its seems too short a time frame (from prospects camp to Q season) for him to meaningfully improve his skating ability.
Could very well be and also familiarity with his linemates means he's not over thinking things. More importantly is the clear improvement from last year

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Could very well be and also familiarity with his linemates means he's not over thinking things. More importantly is the clear improvement from last year
Lack of confidence will cause a player to be slow. If you're indecisive, you'll always be a step behind. Agitators with moderate skills will always have a good chance of making the NHL because they're not indecisive.

Reactions: Old Navy Goat

member 334057

Not quite the hockey heaven Pegula promised us, but I'll take what I can get at this point
I always imagined hockey heaven would have an owner that just signed the checks, hopefully Terry gets there at some point.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
4th rd pick so if he amounts to anything it's found money. In his case it also helps that his C Bourgault (1st rd pick) is leading the Q in scoring
Pretty sure those two have only been on the same line in 2 or 3 games. Power play and for a quick spark sure, but for the most part, separated at 5v5 up to now. Separating them makes it more difficult on opponents.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
He's a good example of taking a swing on someone with good basic stats.

Was 24th in NHLe going into the draft. Kept pace with bourgoult- a first rounder, borque- a first the year before, and outscored ponomarev-a 2nd the year before.

Doesn't mean it will work in the nhl, but has to count for something

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
He's a good example of taking a swing on someone with good basic stats.

Was 24th in NHLe going into the draft. Kept pace with bourgoult- a first rounder, borque- a first the year before, and outscored ponomarev-a 2nd the year before.

Doesn't mean it will work in the nhl, but has to count for something

Those are the sort of picks that Tampa has hit big on with their mid/late-round selections. E.g., Point had the stat line of a 1st round pick but was undersized and a poor skater. Which is not to say that Nadeau is going to be Point, just to say that this is how you take a homerun swing in the draft.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Those are the sort of picks that Tampa has hit big on with their mid/late-round selections. E.g., Point had the stat line of a 1st round pick but was undersized and a poor skater. Which is not to say that Nadeau is going to be Point, just to say that this is how you take a homerun swing in the draft.

I will be happy if he turns out like one of the Foligno brothers or a poor man's Reinhart/Vanek.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
But the games they played together they racked up big numbers
I may be nitpicking based on my viewings, but I'm not sold on big yet, maybe better (but in a small sample size; I get that one night was the 7-pointer). From what I've seen, it's been how I originally said, Nadeau with Veillette most nights and then Bourgault's part of the PP unit that makes up like half Nadeau's points. Bourgault probably is in on half Nadeau's 22 points, but no more than a quarter of that is at even-strength.

Regardless, Nadeau aligned with either first-rounder (Bourgault and/or the now injured Bourque) and you should see some uptick.

Reactions: Sabre the Win

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
I may be nitpicking based on my viewings, but I'm not sold on big yet, maybe better (but in a small sample size; I get that one night was the 7-pointer). From what I've seen, it's been how I originally said, Nadeau with Veillette most nights and then Bourgault's part of the PP unit that makes up like half Nadeau's points. Bourgault probably is in on half Nadeau's 22 points, but no more than a quarter of that is at even-strength.

Regardless, Nadeau aligned with either first-rounder (Bourgault and/or the now injured Bourque) and you should see some uptick.
I'm happy to see the vast improvement in his game from last year. He has much better jump and is more decisive

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad