Series Discussion: Leafs or Canadiens.....who would you rather?

Who do you prefer for next round?

• Leafs

• Canadiens

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainUgly

Bronx Bombers
Apr 22, 2018
We seem to struggle in Montreal, so I am not sure if I prefer them over Toronto. Still, then again, there are the I can't stomach Toronto vibes I get too, so I don't know what to think.

NorCalhockey

Jan 6, 2017
With 14 minutes left here, it looks like we're playing Montreal.( up 2-0) The Leafs are not playing with urgency, and no pushback. I don't see the Leafs coming back to win this game -- Marner invisible, and Mathews, not that much better.

Unreal - Toronto likely shutout in this game 7?!?!

That is crazy that Toronto choking again.

Montreal will be tough for Winnipeg if Price is a wall.

yep

Reactions: GNP

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Leaf fans, no talk of Matthews being better than Laine or Dubois if you want us to beat the Habs or jumping on the bandwagon.

Lady Stanley

May 26, 2021
After watching the last two games of the Leafs-Habs series . . . was Matthews playing through an injury?

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Perry played that series pretty clean tbh.
The Tavares incident was just an accident.
He wasn't nearly the rat I remember during the regular season either.
I felt dirty celebrating Perry’s goal in the last game. Lol

Reactions: Guffman

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
I've always had a dislike for the Oilers and Leafs. Always. But never as much as this post season when the media refused to talk about the Jets, during a Jets game. Sports Net had decided that Oilers vs Leafs was the story they wanted to cover so that's where they put all their eggs. Now the egg is on their face.

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
I fear Price- he is a veteran who has a ton of playoff experience and experience playing for Team Canada at all levels including the Olympics, I think the Habs are favorites going into this series. Things did not go well for us last time in the playoffs when we ran into a goalie who had represented Team Canada.

Reactions: Lady Stanley

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
I fear Price- he is a veteran who has a ton of playoff experience and experience playing for Team Canada at all levels including the Olympics, I think the Habs are favorites going into this series. Things did not go well for us last time in the playoffs when we ran into a goalie who had represented Team Canada.
Well, Smith was on the last Olympic team that had NHLers, so ...

Reactions: BlakeScheifehlaine

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
HF servers are not gonna know what hit them in about 40 mins if this Montreal lead holds up. :laugh:

ROFL, the site went down after the loss. Time to grab some tequila and lemon wedges. I’m sure there will be plenty of salt around these forums to complement our drinks.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Toronto fan here. I didn't vote because, as I mentioned earlier I am a Leafs fan. I couldn't see the results of the poll but did see a lot of comments suggesting the Leafs would be your preferred opponent. That is absolutely insane.

I get that it is very likely the Leafs beat the Habs, so maybe you don't want to say you would rather play the Habs knowing you are going to get the Leafs.

I get that you would rather beat the Leafs than the Habs, so that is a reason to pick Toronto.

However, if the purpose of this poll is to pick your preferred next round opponent with an eye to getting through to the final four...the poll should be Montreal 100%.

This has nothing to do with how good the Leafs are and everything to do with how terrible the Habs are. They are the worst playoff team I have ever seen...no speed, no heart, no skill, no system, and not as much toughness as everyone seemed to think they had. This has been a first round bye for the Leafs (so far).

If you guys somehow got the Habs you would be guaranteed Final Four. End of discussion.

As a Leafs fan, I didn't know who my preferred Rd 2 opponent was. I was hoping for a long, bloody 7-game series for the Jets/Oilers and I thought Winnipeg was the much better team but had fear of McDrai getting hot and carrying them to victory.

The Jets may have swept the Oilers but didn't dominate games end to end. It was a close sweep of such a thing exists. The Jets will have more rest, and the Leafs won't have Tavares. We have depth and are surviving his loss so far...but it's only the Habs.

I will say this round against the Habs might serve as a perfect playoff tune up...the Leafs are getting their legs, are finding their line-up, are gaining confidence and are playing looser, while being tighter in their system. Oh and Campbell has been solidly great.

This will be a good round of hockey and too close to call at this point...two things you would not be saying if you had the Habs as your opponent.
Oh ok...

AnonoJet

Jul 22, 2013
ROFL, the site went down after the loss. Time to grab some tequila and lemon wedges. I’m sure there will be plenty of salt around these forums to complement our drinks.
Lemon wedges?! WTF, that is a crime against Tequila. Lime wedges. Lime wedges. Say that 50 times and stand in the corner till you are done.

jorbjorb

hello.
Dec 28, 2010
No goals for Marner in 18 straight playoff games? They should maybe trade Marner for Jones or Eichel.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011

The Jets have their own Vezina caliber goaltender and are deeper. I think the Jets are slight favourites in this one.

Reactions: snowkiddin

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
The Jets have their own Vezina caliber goaltender and are deeper. I think the Jets are slight favourites in this one.
Yep Helly will soon have played for USA at all levels. Not that he will ever achieve what price has over this career included hart, but, it’s not about historical it’s about now. And the two are a draw at worst. Price will have to stone better snipers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad