Kane with sports hernia - had it all year

Leonardlizard

Dec 3, 2021
In other news watching Vancouver fans spin their towels while they start to realize the canucks aren't going to do shit is hilarious. Preds are not a layup for anyone but the Oil.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
What does Kane have to gain by saying this now, right before the playoffs? This is something players usually say after the season is over if at all, not right before a playoff run. Did Draisaitl and Nurse talk about their injuries before the playoffs 2 years ago, Ceci about his core injury last year etc.?

It's almost as if he's mentioning this injury in public on purpose because he's unhappy with how the organization is handling it perhaps or is trying to say to people (fans, media etc.) "this is why I have been struggling". Seems selfish to mention this now or, as I said before, maybe this is his way of sending a message to the organization.

Draisaitl doesn’t talk about his injuries period lol

Reactions: Duke74

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
For all the Kane haters he's got 24 goals playing with a hernia all year. Last year he nearly had his arm chopped off.

He's probably tired of the arm chair fans that have been giving a lot of the passangers on this team the benefit of the doubt and being receiving so much hate despite what he has accomplished.

As for why he didn't get shut down? I put that on management. You think we'd be in this spot with a briesbois or mccrimmon as gm?

2nd year in a row they could've just LTIR'd Kane huh.
Management is beyond incompetent.

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
Some here seem to forget Kane complaining about not getting enough ice time throughout the year.
Some here need to realize Kane finished 6th in the league in hits, the 5 guys ahead of him also played more games.
Kane is also one of the toughest sob’s in the league while scoring 24 goals.
But let’s all blame management for not LTIR’ing him like some softy in Vegas.

LMFAO

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
Feels like theres some behind the scenes drama going on with Kane for him to announce this.

I think he’s been hurt since New Year’s.

Guess hes shining the light on himself prior to Game 1 for whatever reason. Comes across as selfish.
That’s typical of this player once he has spent a few years with an organization,

I am pretty sure that you cant force a player to go on LTIR.
I’m pretty sure you can. He has to get clearance from the doctors and the team. just like players get pulled off for concussion protocols, a team can LTIR if they think he is too hurt to play and is validated by doctors.

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
Some here seem to forget Kane complaining about not getting enough ice time throughout the year.
Some here need to realize Kane finished 6th in the league in hits, the 5 guys ahead of him also played more games.

LMFAO
He scored 9 of those goals in the first month. 4 came against teams that made the playoffs. He has scored in something like 16 of the 82 games played. I do t put any value on HITZ or TOUGHNESS when you are playing shitty hockey

Not sure why ‘fans’ are running Kane, I commend him for playing through injury.
I like tough honest players, some here deserve the McLeod’s I guess
Because it’s stupid and hurts the team. Toughness doesn’t win hockey games, being a good hockey player does.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007

LMFAO
Given all of Kane's pouting about not getting enough minutes this year I don't think I'd blame management. Sounds more like he's just been unwilling to have a procedure done and it's not like the team can force him. Hopefully his ego doesn't end up resulting in another shitty PO performance, team's gonna need him.

Reactions: Messrules11

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
He scored 9 of those goals in the first month. 4 came against teams that made the playoffs. He has scored in something like 16 of the 82 games played. I do t put any value on HITZ or TOUGHNESS when you are playing shitty hockey

Because it’s stupid and hurts the team. Toughness doesn’t win hockey games, being a good hockey player does.
The only sample size at this point that matters is the season. If he was so shitty how did he finish 4th in goals, that means 8 other forwards minimum were even more shitty. He didn’t get any pp time to speak of and still outscored little Nugey while destroying every Oiler in hits thrown.
You put no value in hitting and toughness? Obviously you’ve never played the game. How would a team of McLoed’s look? Pretty f***ing shitty I’d guess.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
That’s typical of this player once he has spent a few years with an organization,

I’m pretty sure you can. He has to get clearance from the doctors and the team. just like players get pulled off for concussion protocols, a team can LTIR if they think he is too hurt to play and is validated by doctors.
If we want to LTIR Kane for the purpose of cap circumvention, we need him on board. It's pretty obvious that that has been going on with Stone. Both sides are on board with helping the team max their cap hit, and resting Stone in the process. Stone understands he cant show up early, and plays smart in dealing with doctors in the interest of the cap.

Even a league doctor will base most of their assessment on what the player says is going on with them. You can't just make up a condition but a player can decide how recovered they need to be to return

Last edited:

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
I am pretty sure that you cant force a player to go on LTIR.
A competent organization. You play to a players emotion and "manage" them. "You're a star on this team and we need you to go for playoffs. Let's get this surgery now so you're ready gm 1."

If he say "no" ok... Then you're healty scratched for Holloway as you're not 100%.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
Can you imagine the skipping if Dylan Holloway scored as many goals as Evander Kane did even though Kane was injured all season?

Can you imagine if Evander Kane accomplishes more this postseason than Dylan Holloway even though Kane is playing injured?

The virus is in your head.

The Moose

Mar 25, 2004
Edmonton
I don't know why would they bring it up now, pretty weired. Usually if player plays hurt, this is revealed after the playoffs end. Kane is most effective when he's physical, particularly in the playoffs. I don't know if he can be that with the sports hernia.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Kane has no comparison to Klefbom whatsoever, Klef was career ending.
Kane was 4th in goals this year as well, you want to compare 2 month stretches of ghost play look at RNH.
I know they’re your darlings but no King will run Kane’s show, not one.
Kane has scored 1G a month since February. Hasn't really been much at all. So bad its been hard to justify him even being in lineup last half of season.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
If Kane plays the type of game this team will need him to play in the playoffs I'll be surprised if he makes it through a series.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
I don't know why would they bring it up now, pretty weired. Usually if player plays hurt, this is revealed after the playoffs end. Kane is most effective when he's physical, particularly in the playoffs. I don't know if he can be that with the sports hernia.
He can he's just not going to have the same lateral mobility in his skating. It really isn't going to affect his physical play outside of making contact when guys have time to make quick lateral movement. If he goes out there and plays in straight lines on the forecheck he can be a very valuable piece on the 3rd or 4th line. Nice thing is if he can't we have quality options in Holloway, Brown, Janmark, Carrick, and Ryan to fill the spot. To my eye though, Kane had a very good month of April after a bad March. He was an effective forechecker in a lot of those games and created a bunch of offence.

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
Can you imagine the skipping if Dylan Holloway scored as many goals as Evander Kane did even though Kane was injured all season?

Can you imagine if Evander Kane accomplishes more this postseason than Dylan Holloway even though Kane is playing injured?

The virus is in your head.
We would be having a parade if Holloway at 100% health scored 25 goals.

Reactions: NeverForget06

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
So instead of properly healing and being able to play his game, he mostly did nothing and will be gifted playoff ice time and will be completely ineffective?
Cool cool cool. Thanks Evander.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Lots of questions of ‘why now’ with this news. I can only hope it’s gamesmanship to bait teams to come after Kane’s “injury”, only to have Kane step up and give it right back in kind.

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
Kane has scored 1G a month since February. Hasn't really been much at all. So bad its been hard to justify him even being in lineup last half of seaso
This is rich coming from you. I recall you being quite supportive of this player in the past. Guy doesn’t meet expectations obviously due to a injury and off with his head eh.
No mention of 6th league wide in hits, 4th in team goals and wanting more ice time despite playing through injury?
Fickle fans all around.

Reactions: harpoon

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
Answers a lot of questions but the timing is odd. Sports Hernias aren't immediate surgery type situations. If anything the medical staff and Kane probably thought he'd make it through the season and then deal with it, but hernias are a bit unpredictable. It's not something you just opt for surgery for right away - surgery has risks too.

Reactions: Mr Positive

Sheikyerbouti

ShakeyerMcBooty
Nov 4, 2006
Van isle

:huh: Kane is a top four pick with a decade more experience and has scored more goals in a series than Holloway has career games in the playoffs. I definitely would imagine an injured Kane will accomplish more than Holloway.

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
If we want to LTIR Kane for the purpose of cap circumvention, we need him on board. It's pretty obvious that that has been going on with Stone. Both sides are on board with helping the team max their cap hit, and resting Stone in the process. Stone understands he cant show up early, and plays smart in dealing with doctors in the interest of the cap.

Even a league doctor will base most of their assessment on what the player says is going on with them. You can't just make up a condition but a player cam decide how recovered they need to be to return
It isn’t cap circumvention. It’s an actual, diagnosed injury. No- a league doctor doesn’t go with what a player says- they get a physical assessment and deem whether the injury is real and recommend surgery or rehab. The team can then assess whether to shelf the player or not. Playing through injury is a cultural thing with hockey players. A player doesn’t have a say whether or not to go on LTIR.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad