Johnny Gaudreau Decline?

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Your posts are horrible. Don't you know there is no room for logic here?
To some he'll always be just a midget smurf who isn't good enough to carry McDrai's jockstraps and who cried because his finger got hurt because of a little slash.

Beyonder91

RASMUS
Oct 13, 2006
Toronto
Looks like Sutter has sparked life back into him. Haven't caught any Flames games yet this year. I'll have to watch some soon.
Season is still early tho!

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
He has his money. He's married with a kid at home. I don't see the burning desire to win in Gaudreau that you see in many others at the top of their sport. There are obvious distractions in his life and his personality isn't wired like how you'd want.

It's also possible that he put so much into his career in Calgary where the pressure was/is high, that he has subconsciously started to coast now that he has his money and is in a lower pressure, lower profile market in Columbus.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
He has his money. He's married with a kid at home. I don't see the burning desire to win in Gaudreau that you see in many others at the top of their sport. There are obvious distractions in his life and his personality isn't wired like how you'd want.

It's also possible that he put so much into his career in Calgary where the pressure was/is high, that he has subconsciously started to coast now that he has his money and is in a lower pressure, lower profile market in Columbus.
What do you want Columbus to do with him ?

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus

Deeply weird to go hunting for this post from two years and a half ago now. During a playoffs that doesn’t involve Calgary either. Also, he’s got two kids now. At least be accurate in your whining.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Kind of hilarious that we had a "Johnny Gaudreau decline" thread, then the following year he had 115 pts and had the most 5v5 points of any player in a quarter century.

And now we've had several more Johnny Gaudreau decline threads this year, so 200 pts next year?

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
Deeply weird to go hunting for this post from two years and a half ago now. During a playoffs that doesn’t involve Calgary either. Also, he’s got two kids now. At least be accurate in your whining.
Sorry my mistake.

Also, why are you so defensive/butthurt about a thread bump? My critiques of where he's at in his career/life aren't new and are widely held by many fans.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad