OT - NO POLITICS It's Spring!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
I find Liquid IV helps. I get the Acai flavor because it tastes pretty neutral compared so some of the other flavors. I will put 1 packet in 20 oz of water and drink before bed followed by a motrin.

It definitely helps and I'll have another packet in 24oz of water over the course of a few hours. The more hydrated I stay, the better I feel.

I find the only thing that really helps is violent vomiting for 6 - 8 hours, napping, and eventually McDonalds.

Godspeed, @NeelyDan

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
Today my job is to finish a presentation I'm writing for a class this sat. about Feng Shui for Love, relationship and communication.
I'm using material I learned from my Level I Non Violent Communication training (Marshall rosenberg) and thinking we should really teach it on a global level.

Reactions: caz16 and NeelyDan

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Got a nail in my tire today. I doubt they will be able to patch it so now I have to call around to see how much a new one will be

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Random question - in NESN broadcasts lately I've noticed Jack Edwards pronouncing the car company Nissan as 'Nee-san'. Is that normal in New England? I've only ever heard it pronounced anywhere else with the 'Niss' sounding like 'miss'

Weirdly it's the opposite with Hyundai - Jack doesn't pronounce the 'y' at all, but Aussies do.
I find it interesting that company names are pronounced differently around the world. In England I just about peed myself when people pronounced Nokia a "knock-e-a" - unless Canada is the only country pronouncing it as No-Kia.....lol I wonder how it should be pronounced?

Another good one, my daughter's girlfriend just moved to Canada from the US and we were talking about favourite books when we were kids, she said it was "The Purple Crown" and we said we hadn't heard of it. She started talking about it and it is actually "The Purple Crayon" but the pronunciation she uses is wild!

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
I find it interesting that company names are pronounced differently around the world. In England I just about peed myself when people pronounced Nokia a "knock-e-a" - unless Canada is the only country pronouncing it as No-Kia.....lol I wonder how it should be pronounced?

Another good one, my daughter's girlfriend just moved to Canada from the US and we were talking about favourite books when we were kids, she said it was "The Purple Crown" and we said we hadn't heard of it. She started talking about it and it is actually "The Purple Crayon" but the pronunciation she uses is wild!

It's "knock-e-a" for us too. Really we follow the English for most pronunciations.

Person names vary too - the different pronunciations of Craig and Megan being two of the most obvious examples.

Reactions: caz16

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Was able to get a matching tire plus install for 262 at Simple Tire. Only downside is I have to wait until next week to get my tire.

if you don’t have AAA, get it. They were there in 15 minutes and changed my tire to my donut in less than 10 minutes.

Worth every penny.

I love AAA. Twice in the last 4 months I've locked my keys in my truck (don't ask) and they sent someone out right away both times.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
you should get a patch kit.
comes with about 10 patches. very easy to do.
The nail appears to have hit the sidewall so you can’t patch that. Even if they could, it was better and safer to get a new tire to match the new one I got a few weeks ago thanks to the hit and run.

I love AAA. Twice in the last 4 months I've locked my keys in my truck (don't ask) and they sent someone out right away both times.
No judgements here. The only good thing about push to start is that my keys stay in my purse. Given my track record, it is only a matter of time before I do something like this haha

• Haha
Reactions: BMC

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
I did that once (no judgement here either) when I was 19 and delivering pizza at the time and ever since then I've had this habit of rolling my window down at least a few inches if I was leaving my vehicle for just a minute (if I could situationally) so it could never happen again lol.

Reactions: Kovi and BMC

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
too effin hot
I looked up Boston.
Screenshot_20230411_121106_AccuWeather.jpg

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Was able to get a matching tire plus install for 262 at Simple Tire. Only downside is I have to wait until next week to get my tire.

if you don’t have AAA, get it. They were there in 15 minutes and changed my tire to my donut in less than 10 minutes.

Worth every penny.
AAA is worth the money for sure. I've had to use them many times over the years for a tow or a jump.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
agreed.
even though my kids are adults I still renew their’s every year as part of their Christmas.
Some years I don't even use it, thankfully, but if I didn't have it and my tire or engine blew and had to get towed 7 miles, that'd probably be the same cost out of pocket as 3 years' membership. Can't recommend it enough.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Meh Vegas idk, been there once. 3 days for work and did absolutely nothing except chill around the hotel aside business.

I actually liked Reno more than Vegas, but that's just my opinion.

That's like going to Boston and judging on the Logan Hilton.

There's over 50 7,000+ foot peaks within an hour of town, Mt Charleston is 30 minutes away and 11,500 feet, Red Rock Canyon, Valley of Fire, etc. Plus its a great central point for the big National Parks. 2.5 hours to Zion, 3.5 hours to Bryce, 4 hours to Grand Canyon, 5 hours to Yosemite, 1.5 hours to Death Valley, 5 hours to Sequoia.

Plus an overabundance of great golf

Reactions: Kovi

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
That's like going to Boston and judging on the Logan Hilton.

There's over 50 7,000+ foot peaks within an hour of town, Mt Charleston is 30 minutes away and 11,500 feet, Red Rock Canyon, Valley of Fire, etc. Plus its a great central point for the big National Parks. 2.5 hours to Zion, 3.5 hours to Bryce, 4 hours to Grand Canyon, 5 hours to Yosemite, 1.5 hours to Death Valley, 5 hours to Sequoia.

Plus an overabundance of great golf
I get it and I figured that, but I didn't have the time to do anything fun while I was there, as to where the times I was in Reno for months at a time and had the chance to go out some nights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad