OT - NO POLITICS It's Spring!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
No change here. Pls don't call me at 8am....:box:
I've always thought about people who live in a state that changes the time but work in one that doesn't. I'm sure there are people like that. Kind of like living and working on both sides of the time zone change. What a pain in the butt lol

Reactions: sarge88 and Gordoff

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
Sure am stoked to be commuting two hours into the city again with a bunch of mouth breathers guys

0CC76CCC-D30F-4C6D-9ED4-92B2CAC76E47.jpeg

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
there have been calls at times to move some of New England into Atlantic time but those are just discussions into nowhere really... but why would u want to be 90 minutes ahead of the rest of the country as it's a bit staggering trying to equate Atlantic and Eastern Time, whether DST stays or goes, tbth

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
there have been calls at times to move some of New England into Atlantic time but those are just discussions into nowhere really... but why would u want to be 90 minutes ahead of the rest of the country as it's a bit staggering trying to equate Atlantic and Eastern Time, whether DST stays or goes, tbth

:huh:

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
I've always thought about people who live in a state that changes the time but work in one that doesn't. I'm sure there are people like that. Kind of like living and working on both sides of the time zone change. What a pain in the butt lol
Enter @Glove Malfunction who has been working for an East coast client for almost 3 years. 6am meeting....in his pajamas. :D

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Enter @Glove Malfunction who has been working for an East coast client for almost 3 years. 6am meeting....in his pajamas. :D
Yes, this is me. My CT client will be 3 hours ahead once again, starting next week. My other client is in Hawaii, and they don't change time either, so at least they are consistently three hours behind me.

And to be fair, I'm on with a California client right now...and still in my pajamas. But they are Bruins pajamas and it's game day, so...

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Interesting video

Hundreds of dogs survive

My late dog Maya crossed over the "Rainbow Bridge" in January. She was a 17-year-old, rescued mixed Hound/German Shepard. She was from Tennessee and honestly could be mistaken for one of these beautiful animals. My first inclination was that I would love to have the resources to save them all. Not sure if anyone has tried that with these dogs (haven't finished watching the video yet).

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
The apartment complex did call the police investigator and all I know is the security camera near me was knocked offline due to the storm we had overnight, the witness didn't want to be identified and they did forward some info to the investigator bot won't tell me what.

The guy absolutely wrecked my fender, wheel well and door hinges to the point that they have to take out my brand new windshield and remove the hood and roof rack to fix everything.

They also have to replace my tire.

Reactions: BMC and CHRDANHUTCH

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
@mikelvl i feel for you and your daughter. While I was fortunate it happened several years after I graduated, my private all girls high school (Our Lady of Nazareth in Wakefield) closed in the early 2000s. That school made me who I am today and seeing it close, knowing that my Naz friends daughters won’t get that opportunity, it’s just heartbreaking.

Malden Catholic added a girls school back but it’s not the same.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Got my second shingles vaccine yesterday. First dose didn’t bother me, but this one hit me hard.

Migraine, body aches, chills all within 6 hours of getting it.

Still feeling lousy but not as bad as earlier today and overnight last night.

The shot site is really sore too…like worse than tetanus.

Anyone else have this experience.

Reactions: caz16

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
@mikelvl i feel for you and your daughter. While I was fortunate it happened several years after I graduated, my private all girls high school (Our Lady of Nazareth in Wakefield) closed in the early 2000s. That school made me who I am today and seeing it close, knowing that my Naz friends daughters won’t get that opportunity, it’s just heartbreaking.

Malden Catholic added a girls school back but it’s not the same.

My cousin went to Nazareth! I was at Pope John. My niece is at Malden Catholic currently. It was either MC or St Mary's. But MC had a lot more interesting courses and its impressive girls wing was mind blowing.

I was devastated when my private school closed. From kindergarten to 8th grade. It was my everything. The close friendships I made in that school still remain. Diverse community. My baby sister was the last to graduate from there and it was so beyond sad. It was the 1st in our local community to close by the archdiocese. Our Lady of Grade Everett. Still breaks my heart.

Reactions: rfournier103
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad