F Trevor Connelly - Tri-City Storm, USHL (2024 Draft)

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Ones American and ones Canadian.
What? I’m not even a big Connelly fan. Not a big Eiserman fan. Not a big Helenius fan. Not a big Iginla fan either.

I don’t see why we can’t compare players at this tournament that are probably competing for draft slots.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
And with that there’s no way he goes top 20. Poor off ice character and poor on ice character.

That would be ridiculous.

Flashed elite level play in this tournanent. Unbelievable skill, speed and shooting ability.

He won't go top 10 because of the issues you outlined but a team in the 15-20 range should jump at the chance to add a player with his upside.

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
how many draft positions does that hit cost him
A whole round maybe. Depending on how much you liked the skills to start with.

Could be a late first to second rounder now. Under bright lights and this is what he does? Scouts hate that, a lot of managements don’t want the headache.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
A whole round maybe. Depending on how much you liked the skills to start with.

Could be a late first to second rounder now. Under bright lights and this is what he does? Scouts hate that, a lot of managements don’t want the headache.

Scouts love skilled players who aren't afraid to get physical, so that should offset some of the discipline concerns somewhat.

They'll like that he took his opportunity to make a big hit, but obviously it needed to be through the body.

He's not dropping to round 2 unless the off-ice concerns are significantly more worrying than has been reported.

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Scouts love skilled players who aren't afraid to get physical, so that should offset some of the discipline concerns somewhat.

They'll like that he took his opportunity to make a big hit, but obviously it needed to be through the body.

He's not dropping to round 2 unless the off-ice concerns are significantly more worrying than has been reported.

I'd say taking dumps in your teammates' hockey bags is pretty worrying.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
On top of the moronic penalty, he just wasn’t good in the medal round. Didn’t really do much in either game, complete invisible today to the point that I kinda forgot he was playing until he got ejected.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

ghettoNancy

Feb 13, 2024
The US would’ve beat all the teams leading up to Canada without Trevor Connelly anyways.

So was the call up worth it?

I mean…. We did get to see a Michigan goal that was highlighted everywhere. And, he did have a pretty good tournament.

But, when the US played Sweden in their final of the Five Nations tournament… They lost, due to stupid penalties in the third. In a game they seemingly had under control.

Fitting how similar circumstances happen again on another big stage. This team has played and grown together for two seasons. It’s a shame they don’t get to show they’ve learned from the past. To instead, showcase this bonehead.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad