U18: Czech U18 team 2024

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
What's left to say here. Nothing good obviously, this team is just as mentaly unstable as the ones before (except that 2022 but that was an exceptional year led by Kulich)

The worst thing is that this team is strong, he can play really good. They showed what they are capable of against Sweden. But it's just somehow not working right now at all. I feel something is off since that first friendly loss against Latvia.

It pisses me off so much, cause last year you at least knew the team Is terrible and the coach is terrible and you didn't expect much.

But this year, I am so disappointed, I really expected so much more from this team. It look so good on paper. But it feels like it stayed on the paper.

Only players who can match some criteria are Jecho, Curran and Titlbach. Maybe Sikora.

But where is Benak? Where is Fibigr, Galvas, Kos? Those guys completely faded

Suddenly not including a pure points machine Pekar can cost us more then we thought, I am not saying he would have saved it all, but we are struggling so much in finishing the chances. And guys is just a machine in NT this year.

Well I had to cut work early and go home to open a cold one and calm myself lol.

We have to hope that this crazy day and night performances will continue and we will catch that day one in the QF lol .

But realistically we are 90% out of the tourney. But sometimes you can turn it around. That 2022 U20 comes to mind, they f***ed up also with Latvia and still managed to get to the semis, so we will see.

But today I just don't see it at all, this team disappointed me so much sadly.

Reactions: Czechboy

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
What's left to say here. Nothing good obviously, this team is just as mentaly unstable as the ones before (except that 2022 but that was an exceptional year led by Kulich)

The worst thing is that this team is strong, he can play really good. They showed what they are capable of against Sweden. But it's just somehow not working right now at all. I feel something is off since that first friendly loss against Latvia.

It pisses me off so much, cause last year you at least knew the team Is terrible and the coach is terrible and you didn't expect much.

But this year, I am so disappointed, I really expected so much more from this team. It look so good on paper. But it feels like it stayed on the paper.

Only players who can match some criteria are Jecho, Curran and Titlbach. Maybe Sikora.

But where is Benak? Where is Fibigr, Galvas, Kos? Those guys completely faded

Suddenly not including a pure points machine Pekar can cost us more then we thought, I am not saying he would have saved it all, but we are struggling so much in finishing the chances. And guys is just a machine in NT this year.

Well I had to cut work early and go home to open a cold one and calm myself lol.

We have to hope that this crazy day and night performances will continue and we will catch that day one in the QF lol .

But realistically we are 90% out of the tourney. But sometimes you can turn it around. That 2022 U20 comes to mind, they f***ed up also with Latvia and still managed to get to the semis, so we will see.

But today I just don't see it at all, this team disappointed me so much sadly.
I agree with almost everything. What I don't agree with - Galvas was the player perhaps most responsible for the first goal, he scored an own goal in extra time, so I can understand the anger at him, but otherwise he is one of the best players. Titlbach, on the other hand, is one of the worst. Yes, he has some points, but he should have had far more, his finish is disastrous.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019

I can't help but be really happy for Kazahistan. It's the only thing keeping me from throwing my coffee at the wall.lol

But why on our account lol, we are again a laughing stock for the entire hockey world

I agree with almost everything. What I don't agree with - Galvas was the player perhaps most responsible for the first goal, he scored an own goal in extra time, so I can understand the anger at him, but otherwise he is one of the best players. Titlbach, on the other hand, is one of the worst. Yes, he has some points, but he should have had far more, his finish is disastrous.
Yes he should have, but still at least he is burying something. Benak has as many chances and is even more impotent. And he should be on a whole different level then Tittlbach.

• Haha
Reactions: Czechboy

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
But why on our account lol, we are again a laughing stock for the entire hockey world

Yes he should have, but still at least he is burying something. Benak has as many chances and is even more impotent. And he should be on a whole different level then Tittlbach.
I think it is clear at first glance that he is a better player. Finally, even today, he was announced as our best player. So yes, we all expected more, but from everyone.

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
Good job boys, almost went the whole group stage without an embarrassment, but you just can't help it can you.
Must have been difficult to pull this one off, but if there's one thing we can truly rely on, it's the Czech team dropping points to the biggest outsider of the tournament, right after beating an actual medal contender. :thumbu:

Maybe Switzerland can surprise and keep us in the 2nd place, but that's doubtful and this squad doesn't even deserve it, Terrible from game one, with the exception of two periods against Sweden.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Good job boys, almost went the whole group stage without an embarrassment, but you just can't help it can you.
Must have been difficult to pull this one off, but if there's one thing we can truly rely on, it's the Czech team dropping points to the biggest outsider of the tournament, right after beating an actual medal contender. :thumbu:

Maybe Switzerland can surprise and keep us in the 2nd place, but that's doubtful and this squad doesn't even deserve it, Terrible from game one, with the exception of two periods against Sweden.
This one was especially juicy though lol. I am trying to think of a more embarassing defeat, but cant think of any. Even that senior team loss to Austria werent this bad, cause at that point our team was far from the best we could have field together and it was like third game in the group and didnt cost us nanytging in the end.

But here maybe except for 2-3 players we have the best we could have put together and we lose with a bunch of guys no one ever heard of before lol.

Really we outdone ourselves today.

Hope Swedes wins, I dont want us finishing 2nd after this, that would be mighty unfair.

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
Well, we made Sweden very happy. We made Kazakhistan very happy. We are a very kind nation!

• Haha
Reactions: Blueston

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
now that I've calmed down.lol

1714446229237.png

We have 9 goals in 4 games.. it is entirely possible we finish lower as Norway, Swiss and Kazakhs play tomorrow.

The other gross stat?

1714446313988.png

Our PP is dead last.

I read tomorrow is a full day off. Then we practice and get ready. I'm assuming some changes are coming to PP formations. It's shockingly low right now.

I will say.. I still like this team, I still think they can make the Semi's (unless we get US again in the quarters, they are on a different level).

Today is hillarious. And to answer above.. the one that I remember was when we finally beat Canada at the World jrs and then lost to Germany the next day. And that wasn't the new Germany.. that was 10th seeeded Germany.lol

Reactions: martygod12

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
now that I've calmed down.lol

View attachment 862076

We have 9 goals in 4 games.. it is entirely possible we finish lower as Norway, Swiss and Kazakhs play tomorrow.

The other gross stat?

View attachment 862077

Our PP is dead last.

I read tomorrow is a full day off. Then we practice and get ready. I'm assuming some changes are coming to PP formations. It's shockingly low right now.

I will say.. I still like this team, I still think they can make the Semi's (unless we get US again in the quarters, they are on a different level).

Today is hillarious. And to answer above.. the one that I remember was when we finally beat Canada at the World jrs and then lost to Germany the next day. And that wasn't the new Germany.. that was 10th seeeded Germany.lol
Oh yeah that Germany loss after Canada was also a masterclass lol. But still I would think that it's not as bad as losing to Kazakhstan

Don't know how I feel about Cermak, if he got what it takes to be a nt coach.

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
Oh yeah that Germany loss after Canada was also a masterclass lol. But still I would think that it's not as bad as losing to Kazakhstan

Don't know how I feel about Cermak, if he got what it takes to be a nt coach.
I have gotten out of shock. It was 4 games in 5 days. Everything went wrong. They will build from this and win the Quarter! No doubt in my mind! Ok, little more doubt than yesterday but still.lol

The lack of scoring is now a bit shocking given I felt we had the players that can score. In fact, a lot of them. I like Cernak to be honest... not yesterday but generally speaking.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Lol we are second, unbelievable :D

Now it's easy, we either beat Slovaks and everyone will forget about that disaster with Kazaks, or we lose and will be even bigger clowns lol.

We are being fed the SF spot basically since the third period with Sweden, but it looks like we don't want it lol

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Lol we are second, unbelievable :D

Now it's easy, we either beat Slovaks and everyone will forget about that disaster with Kazaks, or we lose and will be even bigger clowns lol.

We are being fed the SF spot basically since the third period with Sweden, but it looks like we don't want it lol
Nobody wants to be second in the group. Because he knows that it will be all the more embarrassing in the next round:laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: martygod12

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
So Slovakia scored more goals today (11) then we did in 4 games.lol

They always play us hard. We did beat the Swiss and Sweden.

I have not waivered... I will type this again. I like this team and think we will make the semi's.

Having said that.. this will be going to OT and I expect a lot of stress. Could be the match of the day.

What a hilarious turn of events. We finished 2nd in a group with Canada and Sweden.. that is a great result!

Hopefully the coach made them walk home after the game yesterday.. in full gear.

• Haha
Reactions: Goodman68

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018

Yikes.. Sweden is now in murderers row. That Quarter will be amazing too!

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
I prefer to keep my mouth shut, as I said. I will not venture into bigger predictions. But I see it in QF about 50/50, after our somewhat tragic performance at the tournament..

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
I prefer to keep my mouth shut, as I said. I will not venture into bigger predictions. But I see it in QF about 50/50, after our somewhat tragic performance at the tournament..
We beat Sweden and Switzerland. We finished 2nd in our group. If you told me that a week ago, I'd be thrilled.

Reactions: Blueston

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
We beat Sweden and Switzerland. We finished 2nd in our group. If you told me that a week ago, I'd be thrilled.
First of all, I wanted us to play for what we have. We played one excellent match and two completely tragic ones. The position in the table is better than the game shown.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
I would put it in a way that on the one hand we beat Sweden which is always great and Swiss who turned out to be really good too this year. So we won two tough games in the group and finished second and playing Slovakia in QF.

If anyone would have told me that before the tournament I would be completely thrilled.

But then again that Kazaks debacle is a complete different level of embarrassment, and we scored only 9 goals in 4 games which is very troubling.

Further more if we lose with Slovaks, we will be complete clowns. A team which had a road paved to SF and completely f***ed it up lol.

Slovaks are boosted with 11 goals destruction of Norway, they are angry, they are motivated. And we are struggling to score and with a loss with Kazakhstan on our backs.

At this point I would maybe even prefer Finland in QF, I think we would have a slightly bigger chance there. At least if we lost that, we wouldnt get laughed at. But with loss to Slovaks we would be the most luckiest team in the world who just completely f***ed everything up lol.

Anyway I am expecting a very tough And even game. It's gonna be something for my nerves lol

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
Pretty sure Czechs have lost the last three games they played against Slovakia at this tournament. In 2016, 2018 and last year, 2023.

So anything is possible, guess we are due, but I wouldn't bet on it. lol
Though had they won convincingly against Kazaks, I would be worried they underestimate Slovakia. That's hardly happening now, especially with the friendlies being somehow very close (well not 'somehow' anymore, considering how bad the play has been so far.) And as has been said in here, they are being spoonfed SF spot ever since the 3rd against Sweden, so either they go out there, do their job a nobody will care about that Kazakhstan embarrassment all that much anymore, or they lose two games in row to inferior teams and will be the laughing stock of the tournament.

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018

I like the team, I think we make Semi's.

However.lol

That is amazing.. totally unheard of. Benak getting 1 point and falling on the decisive Kazakh goal too. Galvas with the own goal. Our best guys need to step up. I absolutely think they can! Hoping the Kazakh loss spins them around and pisses them off.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Austria vs Finland
    Austria vs Finland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,377.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Kazakhstan
    Sweden vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $950.00