Bruins Centennial Centennial Season

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I am thrilled to admit I was wrong.

I had my doubts on how the Bruins would handle the Centennial season but I have to give them an A+++++++++

My connection with the Bruins started before my birth as Leo from Silver Lake Newton met Helen from Oak Square Brighton at a Bruins game. :)

They wanted Don Cherry to be at TD Garden on Saturday but he just doesn't want to travel anymore as he will turn 90 in February.

I have yet to see anyone write a bad review on the coffee table book and I believe the $50 price point is justified.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus

I had my doubts on how the Bruins would handle the Centennial season but I have to give them an A+++++++++

My connection with the Bruins started before my birth as Leo from Silver Lake Newton met Helen from Oak Square Brighton at a Bruins game. :)

They wanted Don Cherry to be at TD Garden on Saturday but he just doesn't want to travel anymore as he will turn 90 in February.

I have yet to see anyone write a bad review on the coffee table book and I believe the $50 price point is justified.

Yeah the organization is doing a really great job. Well done all round so far.

Reactions: Fenway

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Yeah the organization is doing a really great job. Well done all round so far.

Again, they always do.

MTL and Boston handle ceremonial events splendidly.

I wish I could afford the book. At the very least I'd like to thumb through it. They don't have it at the BPL and probably won't.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

Randy Burridge was part of the original Boston curse busters.
A gritty left winger with a deft scoring touch, Burridge played six seasons here (1985-91) and was part of the team that ousted the Canadiens in the 1988 Adams Division finals.
Capped by a 4-1 victory in Game 5 at The Forum, it was Boston’s first postseason series win over Montreal since 1943, ending a run of 18 straight eliminations by the Habs.

“I remember coming into the locker room after that. ‘We got rid of the curse, right?’ " Burridge said Saturday at Warrior Arena. “We got rid of the curse, and that was a lot of fun.”

The Bruins beat the Devils to reach the Stanley Cup Final, then bowed to the Oilers. They were again done in by Edmonton in 1990.

“Unfortunately, we ran into Gretzky and company, but just a great era there,” said Burridge, who had six goals and 27 points across the two runs to the Final.

Burridge was back in Boston as the franchise celebrated its “New Blood, New Beginnings” era, which recognizes teams from 1986-2000.

Burridge, who collected 108 goals and 223 points, and was a plus-53 in his Boston tenure, said it was special that Saturday night’s game was against the club he despised while wearing the Black and Gold.

“We wonder how the rivalries are nowadays. Back in the days, we hated anybody that was a Montreal Canadien. We hated ‘em, right? And then I started playing with other teams. I got traded to Washington, went on to Los Angeles, and then played in Buffalo. But just, that hatred kind of went away,” said Burridge. “I wonder how these guys feel toward that rivalry. I don’t know, but I’m sure it’s still there, right? All these years. The Bruins-Canadiens — nobody likes the Canadiens.”

Burridge has lived in Las Vegas the last 25 years. He said he sees a lot more of his old teammates since the Golden Knights joined the NHL.

“I’ve seen Ray [Bourque] a couple times. He was in Vegas 10 days ago. But I always say, ‘Ray, I’m so happy you won the Cup in Colorado.’ And he’s like, ‘Stumpy, we should have won it with the Bruins.’ That’s the first thing he says,” Burridge said. “We had a great, great team back in those days. A bunch of great guys and, got close twice, right? Finals twice. We never won it, unfortunately, but a great bunch of guys.”

Ozzy Osbourne

Nov 14, 2023
It was great to see so many members of the 88 team last night. That was a tough team with a great coach. Speaking of tough, does anyone know what happened to Lyndon Byers?

Reactions: sooshii

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011

Who would think someone known as The Kamikaze Kid, a guy my good friend almost ran over because he was roller blading in the middle of the traffic lane over the Weymouth Fore River Bridge back in the late 80s, would be so well spoken?

Reactions: Gee Wally

Bri

Jul 13, 2005
I missed the pregrame ceremony celebrating the 87-88 team. I follow Dafoomie on YT but he hasn't posted it. Anyone know of it posted anywhere? I suppose Behind the B will have a nice feature on it but...Thanks in advance.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I missed the pregrame ceremony celebrating the 87-88 team. I follow Dafoomie on YT but he hasn't posted it. Anyone know of it posted anywhere? I suppose Behind the B will have a nice feature on it but...Thanks in advance.
Bruins have yet to post anything @dafoomie might be our only hope

Reactions: Bri

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad