Bruins Centennial Centennial Season

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

Era Nights Following Opening Night, five "**Era Nights**" will be held throughout the season to honor the rich, 100-year history of the Boston Bruins. Era Nights will begin on October 28 as the Bruins take on the Detroit Red Wings, honoring "The Early Years" from 1924-1959. On November 18, the Bruins will celebrate the 1960-1976 "Big Bad Bruins" when hosting the Montreal Canadiens at TD Garden. The 1977-1985 "Lunch Pail A.C." Era Night will be on December 16 against the N.Y. Rangers, and the 1986-2000 "New Blood, New Beginnings" Era Night will take place on January 20 against Montreal.

Era Nights will conclude on March 7 against the Toronto Maple Leafs, with the "Return of the Champion" Era Night (2001-present), presented by Coca-Cola. Ticketed fans will receive a collectible era-themed mini pennant at turnstiles on each Era Night. To learn more and purchase tickets for Era Nights, fans can visit BostonBruins.com/EraNights.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Been told, unconfirmed, this is Ullmark’s “Cheevers mask”

IMG_1033.jpeg

Eddie Johnston, Jeremy Swayman, Gerry Cheevers, Linus Ullmark, and John Adams.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

Reactions: GordonHowe

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts

give this a listen. Great stuff.

I saw this on YouTube yesterday and saved it view later.

PS The intermission interview with those two was gold.

“It’s about life. It’s what we did,” Cashman said of the past memories shared during this reunion. “We came here and represented a city, a town, a people. … The Bruins team [is] what Boston is. When you look at the Boston Bruins, you’re seeing the city of Boston and the people of Boston. That’s the way they are, they care about each other, they bind together and they have success.”

Last edited:

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
I keep asking, because money is tight. Everyone seems to think this book is worth the price.

Is it?

I thought I might stop by the Pro Shop and look at it before deciding yeah or nay.
I’m giving one away next week in this thread:

I haven’t looked at it yet because it’s my Christmas gift. :xcheers:

Reactions: GordonHowe

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I didnt realize Harry was n the house. Not bad for 91.

View attachment 770551
Wally you have to get RHD current Hockey News. It’s very heavy on the Boston Bruins Centennial with Brad Marchand on the cover - I am framing for man cave.

The Hockey News does a 1 Orr thru 100 Murray Henderson (I don’t know him)

There are 18 in the Bruins list they put out that aren’t on the Hockey News - the Boston group was heavy on 2010ish 70’s guys

I gotta take a deep dive later tonight and then see if Bonvie or Fenway knows

Guys who didn’t make Hockey News who had core guys from those 30’s into 40 Cup teams

Boychuk
Ference
Recchi
Horton
Savard
S Thornton
Kessel

To me Horton gotta be there even without lot of games - Savard as well

The 70’s into 80’s omitted
Gilbert
Wensink
Jonathan
Simmer
Lemelin
Doak
Bailey

Gilbert was around awhile and he’s in - I would probably go Simmer as well

Wensink is none for challenging Minnesota bench, Jonathan greatest fight ever, and Gilbert best series I ever saw - the 79 Habs were Muhammad Ali in prime and 79 Bruins were Rocky. Ace Bailey was very important to Cup teams and we all know lose his life in 9/11

The other 4 differences were O’Ree, Conacher, Harry Oliver, and Bill Quakenbush

Reactions: Gee Wally

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Trying my best!

When I got to the rink last night, there was a bunch of used youth equipment on a free table so I snagged elbow pads, pants, skates, skin guards, and a bucket.

I’ll sit on it for a couple of winters until he’s ready for the ponds! Can’t wait.
Yup parents are great like that with equipment- my yutes basically played with hand me downs like that all the way thru

• Love
Reactions: smithformeragent

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad