Bruins Centennial Centennial Season

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
A nice modern update!

I have several sweaters in my closet, but no new ones since the '19 WC. Definitely gonna get both a home and away this year.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I guess this fits this thread...

23-24 schedule should be released any minute.

Looking forward to it. Anaheim is the closest arena to me, but I can drive to LA as well. I just hope one of those two games is on a Saturday night. They've been doing like Thursday-Sunday or Monday-Wednesday the last few years and it makes it nearly impossible to go.

The Hockey Tonk Man

May 3, 2007
Toronto
Hi all,

I didn't see a good place to post this, so I wanted to create a thread here. With the Fan Foyer going on and the various other Centennial events likely on the horizon, this may be a good discussion spot. I saw a rumor last night that the current home and away sweaters will be retired, and as part of the Centennial Celebration, the Bruins will have a new set of home and away sweaters. Has anyone else heard anything reputable about that? I figured they'd stand pat with the new Fanatics deal coming, but a Centennial Celebration is an excellent time to sharpen up the on-ice brand with a nod toward the past. I'd love to see some of the 80s era sweater elements return.

Luke Woishnis on Twitter (@lukewoishnis) has made some amazing mockups. I'd love to see them replicate something like this:

These jerseys look oh so slick!
Just need Ullmark to rock that Moog mask more if these are used

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Schedule is out. The Disney Death March is toward the beginning of the year, and they play LA and Anaheim back to back on a Saturday and Sunday night in October, maybe I'll get to go to one of the two.

Most of the home dates against the Wings, Habs, Toronto, and Rangers are designated as "Era nights", which I assume means they're going to wear throwbacks from various eras of the team's history.

Ace0813

Bleed Black & Gold
Aug 28, 2008
New Hampshire
Hi all,

I didn't see a good place to post this, so I wanted to create a thread here. With the Fan Foyer going on and the various other Centennial events likely on the horizon, this may be a good discussion spot. I saw a rumor last night that the current home and away sweaters will be retired, and as part of the Centennial Celebration, the Bruins will have a new set of home and away sweaters. Has anyone else heard anything reputable about that? I figured they'd stand pat with the new Fanatics deal coming, but a Centennial Celebration is an excellent time to sharpen up the on-ice brand with a nod toward the past. I'd love to see some of the 80s era sweater elements return.

Luke Woishnis on Twitter (@lukewoishnis) has made some amazing mockups. I'd love to see them replicate something like this:

Nailed it?

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Schedule is out. The Disney Death March is toward the beginning of the year, and they play LA and Anaheim back to back on a Saturday and Sunday night in October, maybe I'll get to go to one of the two.

Most of the home dates against the Wings, Habs, Toronto, and Rangers are designated as "Era nights", which I assume means they're going to wear throwbacks from various eras of the team's history.
Yeah I’m curious to see how many throwbacks they allow.

If it’s one offs for anniversaries, the league sometimes relaxes the rules a bit. They did so for the Canadiens’ anniversary.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014

The fact that they are doing the current era against Toronto is fantastic :laugh::laugh:

And the day before my birthday. What a present :D

Reactions: GabeTravels

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
I'll be able to tick off quite a few B's road arenas this year!

LA and Anaheim for sure... Been wanting to do this for years but the two weekend games makes it possible.

At least two of Dallas, Columbus, Colorado, Arizona, Vegas.

Edmonton, Calgary is another pair I've wanted for a while but midweek is challenging for both. Seattle on a Monday is a maybe.

Washington at the end of March is right around cherry blossom peaks so that could be fun.

Should be able to get up to 15/16 arenas by the end of the season though.

KrugAvoy

Aug 11, 2017
Lowell

I always thought the Disney Death March wasn't the California trip but any long road trip during February school vacation week when Disney on Ice was at the Garden?

Reactions: KillerMillerTime

KrugAvoy

Aug 11, 2017
Lowell
From what I've heard

Gold B/Black spokes no outline = 90s home jersey
Black B/Gold spokes no outline= 90s style away jersey

Rumor new 3rd jersey that's brown

Reactions: NMF

SPB2776

Jun 4, 2009
Love to see the NHL 75 anniversary jerseys come out. Absolutely loved those

Reactions: NMF

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Mr Burns is going to milk this dry. I'm amazed they don't have a diff shirt for each game representing a specific year. That way people can by ~41 different Fanatics crap.

This is my thinking too. 90% of this Centennial stuff reeks of being a massive money-making exercise. Lots of style and things that can be sold, very little substance. I want to enjoy this special season and I want to appreciate the celebrations, and perhaps we will get some nice genuine tributes and historical reflections at some point, but I'm not confident about that. Almost everything announced so far just seems so cynically commercial.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
This is my thinking too. 90% of this Centennial stuff reeks of being a massive money-making exercise. Lots of style and things that can be sold, very little substance. I want to enjoy this special season and I want to appreciate the celebrations, and perhaps we will get some nice genuine tributes and historical reflections at some point, but I'm not confident about that. Almost everything announced so far just seems so cynically commercial.
It’s good timing if the on ice product may be taking a step backwards.

People like me who obsess over the aesthetics and have been yearning for a return to the gold B logo and gold socks will gobble up the merch.

Meth bear sold like hotcakes last season.

Now, if only the Sox would bring the red caps back…

KrugAvoy

Aug 11, 2017
Lowell
Are we going to have 90 minute pregame ceremonies every night like the Habs did that year?

God I remember the eye sore Habs Barber pole stripped jersey they wore against us. I didn't have HD TV so the entire game my eyes hurt like hell watching it as it was all a flashing blur on my screen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad