Bruins Centennial Bruins official book 'BLOOD SWEAT & 100 YEARS' lights the lamp

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
1699412456878.png

The Bruins made a smart move by having the leaders of 'The Sports Museum' author the book instead of staying in-house. It is a worthy update to the book written by Clark Booth 25 years ago.

My favorite is a team-issued book 'written' by Harry Sinden in 1976 simply because of the pictures from years ago.

I highly recommend all 3 books.

Last edited:

KrugAvoy

Aug 11, 2017
Lowell
The 2011 Full 60+ to history is my favorite book. Came with a steelbook case with a piece of the net from the games, part of the flag flown over the Handcock Tower, a engraving of the players on the team, and a replica signed ticket. Never have I seen as much effort put into a book at I have that one.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
The Bruins made a smart move by having the leaders of 'The Sports Museum' author the book instead of staying in-house. It is a worthy update to the book written by Clark Booth 25 years ago.

My favorite is a team-issued book 'written' by Harry Sinden in 1976 simply because of the pictures from years ago.

Had already ordered the Centennial book, but didn't have the other two. Ordered those two this morning. Thanks for the recommendation. Could only find used copies of the 1976 book, so hopefully there aren't too many dried boogers in it.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Does anyone have this yet? What do you think? Picking mine up while at work tomorrow (I'm off today).
I got it today. It's very very nice and has high quality pages as one would expect from a coffee-table book.

The book is organized by decade up to the present. Tons of great vivid photos, well balanced with informative text. The early decades chapters have cool pictures of memorabilia and the like. Key players from each decade have a feature piece about them.

I was expecting something really good, but this book exceeds my expectations. The people that put this together did a fantastic job.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts

Thanks for the heads up.

I loved Clark Booth,

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
I got it today. It's very very nice and has high quality pages as one would expect from a coffee-table book.

The book is organized by decade up to the present. Tons of great vivid photos, well balanced with informative text. The early decades chapters have cool pictures of memorabilia and the like. Key players from each decade have a feature piece about them.

I was expecting something really good, but this book exceeds my expectations. The people that put this together did a fantastic job.

How did you manage to get it before 11/21?

From where?

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Everyone who bought the book, please weigh in:

Is it worth the dough, and is the text boilerplate, or informed, incisive writing?

I don't want a bunch of pictures without knowledgeable insight and perspective.

Any reviews, however brief, appreciated,

✌️🍁

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
It may not be as in-depth or... I don't know. I don't know if the info is going to be anything you don't know already. But there is ALOT of writing. Not at all just picture and brief paragraph. It's not hard-hitting, but it's what it's set out to be. A celebration. And there's a lot of history.

A lot of content pre-Orr. Some great photography. A nice farewell to the old Garden. Many different contributors.

Personally, I think the price is more than worth it. It’s much better than I thought it would be.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
It may not be as in-depth or... I don't know. I don't know if the info is going to be anything you don't know already. But there is ALOT of writing. Not at all just picture and brief paragraph. It's not hard-hitting, but it's what it's set out to be. A celebration. And there's a lot of history.

A lot of content pre-Orr. Some great photography. A nice farewell to the old Garden. Many different contributors.

Personally, I think the price is more than worth it. It’s much better than I thought it would be.
I am very happy with the finished product.

The Bruins survived the great depression of the 30s but almost went broke around 1950.

They started home games at 10 PM to avoid competing with Ed Sullivan and Milton Berle on TV. Weston Adams sold the Bruins to Walter Brown and bought them back when Brown died suddenly in 1964.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010

Now that I have them in-hand I second the Booth and Sinden books. Both have a lot of cool photos and info. The Sinden book in particular is really interesting because it has stuff in it from the early decades that I had not come across before. The photos in the Booth book are fantastic since the book is oversized. Good companion pieces for the centennial book.

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
Now that I have them in-hand I second the Booth and Sinden books. Both have a lot of cool photos and info. The Sinden book in particular is really interesting because it has stuff in it from the early decades that I had not come across before. The photos in the Booth book are fantastic since the book is oversized. Good companion pieces for the centennial book.

I have both of them and agree.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad