Player Discussion Brandon Carlo III

BradMarchandismydad

Nov 22, 2016
Boston
Why would anyone want to trade one of the absolute best shutdown dmen when he’s cost controlled?

Dom L from the Athletics model has him valued at 10.5M.

Pierre Luc Dubois said he was the hardest player to play against in the league because he’s so rangy and immediately shuts everything down

Like how does that skill set not have a place on this roster?

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
I know he's gotten some love in the GDT, but thought I'd bump this thread up - Carlo is looking to be fully recovered from his concussions and has been one of the best Bruins so far IMO. Looks to be reaching a new level this season.

Reactions: hrdpuk

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
I have very mixed feelings about Carlo. On the one hand, I often find him a touch slow, mistake-prone and quite ordinary. On the other, put him with a partner with offensive ability and flair, he does quite well, contributing on both ends. His partner is the key to him. I wish he played better with HL. However, the pairing with Lohrei has a lot of potential.

Last edited:
Reactions: GordonHowe

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
I admit, I have not been a big supporter of Carlo's injury induced decline over the last 3-4 years. But if, "THIS" version of Carlo stays "HEALTHY", then he's back to meeting and maybe surpassing my expectation of him from his 2nd year.

He is really making a difference, especially in the absence of Forbort on the PK.

Sometimes its beneficial to be wrong!!:D:sarcasm:

Cop to same on all fronts.

Please stay healthy, Brandon.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
I have very mixed feelings about Carlo. On the one hand, I often find him a touch slow, mistake-prone and quite ordinary. On other, put him with a partner with offensive ability and flair, he does quite well, contributing on both ends. His partner is the key to him. I wish he played better with HL. However, the pairing with Lohrei has a lot of potential.

I would keep them together. Mason has a lot to learn from fellow big D Carlo.

They can help one another, and be an effective pair. It does not work with Lindholm. Very different dynamic.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
As I have made my position clear on Carlo on many occasions, I have to say last night was his best game in my view as a Bruin.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
As I have made my position clear on Carlo on many occasions, I have to say last night was his best game in my view as a Bruin.
I thought he was very solid last night.

Sometimes when he has the puck on his stick it looks like it's his first time, but last night he looked very sharp.

hrdpuk

Fossa
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
Kentucky
Carlo has been an excellent shut down D for years .Had an expected slow start after a couple concussions and people were judging his overall play on those instances.

Reactions: caz16

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Why would anyone want to trade one of the absolute best shutdown dmen when he’s cost controlled?

Dom L from the Athletics model has him valued at 10.5M.

Pierre Luc Dubois said he was the hardest player to play against in the league because he’s so rangy and immediately shuts everything down

Like how does that skill set not have a place on this roster?

What does Dom L model show for #73 and 27?

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I don’t remember who said it but about 5-6 years ago the comment Carlo will be an elite shutdown defender at 27 if not sooner

It’s happening

I for one go Lohrei- McAvoy

Those 2 will be wild to watch

Lindholm - Carlo second pair

Grzelcyk- Shatty

forbort extra

Outstanding group that are all a bit different

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
I don’t remember who said it but about 5-6 years ago the comment Carlo will be an elite shutdown defender at 27 if not sooner

It’s happening

I for one go Lohrei- McAvoy

Those 2 will be wild to watch

Lindholm - Carlo second pair

Grzelcyk- Shatty

forbort extra

Outstanding group that are all a bit different
This threads an interesting read:

Reactions: hrdpuk

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
I like him with the right partner, and like and respect that he is a Born-again Christian, but if they had a good replacement and/or a good offer came along, he should go.
Born again? Wasn’t he always religious? Most people don’t assume I am devoutly religious until I take my shirt off and they see all my biblical tattoos.

Carlo is having a fabulous season. Skating looks great Chara like range pucks sticking to his stick. Awesome player especially when you have other equal or better D men.

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
Born again? Wasn’t he always religious? Most people don’t assume I am devoutly religious until I take my shirt off and they see all my biblical tattoos.

Carlo is having a fabulous season. Skating looks great Chara like range pucks sticking to his stick. Awesome player especially when you have other equal or better D men.
I have read somewhere he is a Born-Again Christian.

• Haha
Reactions: pearljamvs5

Guelph Bruin

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2015
I've been a Carlo detractor in the past but now I'm a faithful believer :) ... he's really bringing it this year....as with many before I think we are seeing him grow into a man right before our eyes and it looks good on him...take no BS attitude which is a Bruins keeper trait

Reactions: MillerTime29Bombs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad