GDT: Blues Draft Day 2023

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Feel pretty confident we’re going to make two picks tonight and trade the other for a Dman. Very excited for the draft tonight! Hoping for one of Reinbacher, Leonard, Perreault, Wood, or Benson. I’d be very happy with any of them.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Pronman's final mock went up: Danielson, Musty and Lindstein. Finally broke the Stramel-to-the-Blues streak (had him 23 to the Rangers). I do like Musty at 25

Reactions: Drubilly

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Pronman's final mock went up: Danielson, Musty and Lindstein. Finally broke the Stramel-to-the-Blues streak (had him 23 to the Rangers). I do like Musty at 25
That wouldn't be a bad draft IMO.

Pronman had good insight too. I think Danielson/Honzek/Wood make a lot of sense at 10 or us, sounds like Musty is another one that's been connected with the Blues a lot, and Lindstein looks solid enough at 29.

Honestly this might be one of my more favorite outcomes, feel like we get solid prospects at C, W, and D.

Last edited:

PJJJP

Dec 2, 2021
Oh thank god he finally stopped mocking Stramel to us

TurgPavs

Jan 7, 2019
My prediction
3 current roster players are gone before Friday
Blues pick once tonight and it will be 13 or after.

PJJJP

Dec 2, 2021
So our Scouting Director seems to like this draft a lot. Here's a quote from him, "I've been on this side of the game for a number of years, drafting players for 25-plus seasons, and this year is a special class in the depth of the Draft,"

Mar 6, 2012
SO I paid $10 bucks to subscribe to ESPN+ just to watch this... so I fully expect that it won't actually be on ESPN+ or it won't work... because that's how it feels to be a fan watching the NHL these days. Expect the absolute worst experience possible and if anything better than complete and total failure happens, it's a bonus.

Anyway, it says it starts at 6, but it really starts at 7, right? They just start the Conner Bedard circle jerk at 6? (which will then continue for the next 15 years, buckle up)

Reactions: RORbacon

ChuckLefley

Jan 5, 2016
So our Scouting Director seems to like this draft a lot. Here's a quote from him, "I've been on this side of the game for a number of years, drafting players for 25-plus seasons, and this year is a special class in the depth of the Draft,"
It’s deep at the very top end, but Peters out pretty quickly after that. It’s also very week on D and in goal.

TurgPavs

Jan 7, 2019
I took that comment an other comments made by various Blues/NHL/media official's, a little different.
Rivers mentioned that the Blues scouting has mentioned several times that the tiers of the prospects are essentially Tier 1 Bedard, Tier 2 players that will be selected 2-6 or 7, and that next Tier will essentially run into the mid 20's in the first round.
I really think we see the Blues trade down from 10 OA.

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
Will today be the day the Blues take a Forward with a top 10 pick for the first time in 35 years? Who knows.

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022
I'd be happy with any one of Moore, Willander, Honzek or even Simashev at 10.
I'm surprised Simashev doesn't get more love. I'm hoping someone better drops to 10, but I really hope we can snag Simashev with one of our late 1sts.

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box
Are your asking who we'd be surprised entered the first or a player we think will and no one saw coming?

If the latter, I'm going to stake that Nick Lardis will be drafted in the 1st.
I would say player no one, saw coming entering the first round and player No one saw it coming not being drafted in the first round.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad