All Purpose Media Thread

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Programming does stink (XM Center Ice is the cure for that) but, as far as signal goes, way better than 104.5 for me, I can get it up here in Murray, KY
Weird. I live (according to Google maps) 8 miles from downtown Nashville, and 6 miles from the 102.5 studio and can hardly hear it. Weak. And I know that going north, 104.5's signal goes probably 30 miles or so past Bowling Green, but I guess west doesn't have the same luxury.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Weird. I live (according to Google maps) 8 miles from downtown Nashville, and 6 miles from the 102.5 studio and can hardly hear it. Weak. And I know that going north, 104.5's signal goes probably 30 miles or so past Bowling Green, but I guess west doesn't have the same luxury.

What is the terrain between the transmitter and where you try to listen?

Fo Shea Shea

Nov 29, 2010
Nashville, TN
104.5 has a much stronger signal than 102.5. I live in east nashville and have a hard time picking it up at times. There are hit and miss spots around town where it drops out. I can pick up 104.5 clear as day for about 50-60 miles in all directions around Nashville. Hence why they have all of there little family of stations to offset the fact that their signal sucks.

jwhouk

Former Cheesehead, Always a Preds Fan
Apr 19, 2004
Valley of the Sun
jwhouk.net
I'm getting a suspicion, from my years of hearing about Nashville radio stations, is that if you are not WSM or its affiliated stations, your signal is going to inhale voluminously.

redstorm78

Apr 20, 2013
Spring Hill, TN
This is a media related question, and I'm kind of new here so please bear with me...

I was wondering if anyone knew why WBGN 1340 in Bowling Green stopped their simulcast with 102.5 during Predators game. I used to hear at least 3-4 games a week, now it's down to none at all. I want to go ahead and assume it's because of college football. The reason I ask is where I stay in Bowling Green is way out in the boondocks and getting 102.5 is kind of next to impossible... Thanks for any help in advance.

Last edited:

redstorm78

Apr 20, 2013
Spring Hill, TN
I'm not sure how that has anything to do with why WBGN would suddenly drop their simulcasts with 102.5 the Game. When Callahan left, there were several games broadcast from that station. But thanks for the reply.

Last edited:

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
It's been a long time since I was on the boards I have two media questions. First, what is up with Crispy not being on the telecasts? Second, what happened with Callahan?

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
It's been a long time since I was on the boards I have two media questions. First, what is up with Crispy not being on the telecasts? Second, what happened with Callahan?

Crisp- Alumni event for Flyers.

Callahan- Resigned late October/Early November for Personal Reasons.

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
Glad it's not health issues for Crisp. I heard the personal reasons thing just thought there'd be more information now.

Thanks for the response.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
So I'm assuming the Preds boards are officially dead? Considering the Social page looks done and no link too it I assumed the worst ( which is why I'm here now).

Bad Karma

Nov 12, 2005
Nashville
So I'm assuming the Preds boards are officially dead? Considering the Social page looks done and no link too it I assumed the worst ( which is why I'm here now).

Yep, they came in a couple of days before Christmas booted and berated the Admins, was a complete witch about it. Then a few days later gone.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Yep, they came in a couple of days before Christmas booted and berated the Admins, was a complete witch about it. Then a few days later gone.

Seriously? They did that to the Admins? I got busy due to the holidays and then checked in later that week to see it down. Didn't know what happened.

Please tell me they didn't do that to the Admins publicly, especially after not getting any form of support for years really. If so what a classless thing to do.

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
I thought there was a newer thread but I guess I'll revive this one.

Does anyone else find the name of the weekly piece posted by Bratton on the Preds site to sound weird? The Smashville Scope? Shouldn't that be the Smashville Scoop?

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad