Recalled/Assigned: 2023-24 Sharks/Barracuda

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Emberson, yeah. I'd be pretty shocked if we snuck him through waivers at this stage. At the very least I'm pretty sure the Rangers would just take him back.
NYR has to have NHL roster spot for him to reclaim (unless there are no other claims and NYR can assign him to AHL).

gaucholoco3

Jun 22, 2015
NYR has to have NHL roster spot for him to reclaim (unless there are no other claims and NYR can assign him to AHL).
Exactly. NYR have no risk to put in a claim for him since he can be sent down. The absolutely will claim him back if not just out of spite.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
I hope for his sake that someone picks him up. He deserves another chance. He’s not going to find it here.
There are only six teams that can afford his cap hit - Anaheim, Detroit, Chicago, Nashville, Buffalo, and Arizona.

Of those, only Arizona and Anaheim have an open roster spot.

I think Labanc goes unclaimed.

Reactions: ChompChomp

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
No chance he gets claimed.

Put him on Barracuda Legends Row alongside Evander Kane and Paul Martin.

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
When he handed out this ridiculous contract didn’t Dougie say something about Labanc being a 60 point scorer for the next 4 years?

He actually wasn’t far off, assuming he meant 60 points total. Labanc finishes with 67 points for the Sharks during the deal.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
When he handed out this ridiculous contract didn’t Dougie say something about Labanc being a 60 point scorer for the next 4 years?

He actually wasn’t far off, assuming he meant 60 points total. Labanc finishes with 67 points for the Sharks during the deal.
60 points per year if and only if Thornton could find the fountain of youth and go back to prime Thornton.

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Damn Cuda D is very crowded now.
Thrun, Simek, Okhotiuk in addition to all the others that were there over the weekend.

Can we still send Guryev and Laroque to junior? I'm not seeing how they get ice time this season, with how many guys we've got.

Off the top of my head, if all those guys are active this weekend, I'd probably go
Muk-Gawanke
Thrun-Cicek
Okhotiuk/Simek-Frisch
Pulli

Last edited:
Reactions: Sandisfan

Alaskanice

Sep 23, 2009
1 1/2 hours away
After reading that Grier and Quinn both say that Labanc was not placed on waivers, adding that it was said yesterday that Kevin was playing tonight, I think Seravelli made a mistake here. Not his first. But he should exhibit some integrity in this situation. Only because he’s thought of as a breaker of hockey news.

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
I mean he also just isn't good at hockey but I guess you can't really say that
Another late era Doug Wilson masterclass. Great call to give a 27 year old with less than a full season's worth of NHL experience who gets injured every time he steps on the ice a 4-year contract.

Reactions: DG93

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad