Recalled/Assigned: 2023-24 Sharks/Barracuda

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Cody Haiskanen released from his PTO with the Barracuda.

Likely (and hopefully) means Mukhamadullin or Simek are healthy, but tbh Haiskanen was not very good the last couple games.

Getting to be the time of year we might bring on some tryouts for next season, too, so there's that.

Reactions: Gecklund

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
So either a trade or Eklund is out for awhile?

Guessing the second one.

It's as good a time as any to start giving guys a look, though. But the list of guys that I'd like to see get a post-deadline callup is much shorter than last season's, mostly due to injuries. It's basically Bordeleau, Gushchin and Todd.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
Guessing the second one.

It's as good a time as any to start giving guys a look, though. But the list of guys that I'd like to see get a post-deadline callup is much shorter than last season's, mostly due to injuries. It's basically Bordeleau, Gushchin and Todd.
Not Cardwell?

• Wow

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Not Cardwell?

I'd be fine with Cardwell getting a couple games too, but his play has dropped off a bit as the season's gone on. He's nowhere near as noticeable since the new year. Probably just the long season wearing on him.

I imagine we'll see more than one call-up by the weekend, although I'm a little surprised they didn't bring back Shakir with Emberson out.

Muk's hurt.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
I'd be fine with Cardwell getting a couple games too, but his play has dropped off a bit as the season's gone on. He's nowhere near as noticeable since the new year. Probably just the long season wearing on him.

Muk's hurt.
Huh? When did that happen?

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
That's disappointing. Earlier this season he seemed like the only young Cuda forward with any sort of NHL future even if it's likely as a fourth liner.

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Huh? When did that happen?

2/15 vs. Coachella Valley. I'm pretty sure I know when it happened (He got run into the boards on an innocent looking hit, crumpled down to the ice and then was only carrying his stick with one hand the rest of his shift) but I don't know exactly what the injury is. He even finished that game, so nobody suspected anything.

That's disappointing. Earlier this season he seemed like the only young Cuda forward with any sort of NHL future even if it's likely as a fourth liner.

Nah it happens. It's his first pro season. You see first-year guys down in the AHL wear down pretty frequently. I still have hopes for him.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
I mean he's only 21 and it's still just his first year in the A after being an elite-ish scorer with Barrie. He's still had a decent year but I imagine the wear and tear of a more physical league with older players is taking its toll.

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
I mean he's only 21 and it's still just his first year in the A after being an elite-ish scorer with Barrie. He's still had a decent year but I imagine the wear and tear of a more physical league with older players is taking its toll.
Yeah don't get me wrong I would still pencil him into a future Sharks lineup over anyone else currently on the Barracuda outside of Shak who's injured anyway.

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
No faith in Gush?
He looks like the classic "not skilled/consistent enough for top six, not multidimensional enough to play bottom six" forward. Also doesn't strike me as a Grier or Quinn player.

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
He looks like the classic "not skilled/consistent enough for top six, not multidimensional enough to play bottom six" forward. Also doesn't strike me as a Grier or Quinn player.

I think Guschin shows a lot of effort which is a Quinn/Grier thing. And he’s steadily improved. I think he’ll get an extended look this year and hopefully next year to see if he CAN hack it as a top 6 player. He’s consistently adapted and taken over every league he’s played in - I wanna see him get the chance in the NHL.

Also, Eklund apparently is okay so I think a trade is incoming.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad