Recalled/Assigned: 2023-24 Sharks/Barracuda

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
It is kinda funny how last game Drew said "Macdonald is a guy who will likely be a Shark long-term the way he plays, versatile and smart" and he broke down a play with Macdonald, Vlasic, Eklund, getting the puck to Hoffmann for a great shot in the slot. And here we are today lol.

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
It is kinda funny how last game Drew said "Macdonald is a guy who will likely be a Shark long-term the way he plays, versatile and smart" and he broke down a play with Macdonald, Vlasic, Eklund, getting the puck to Hoffmann for a great shot in the slot. And here we are today lol.
Drew should know better than to suggest any 31 year old player will be a "long-term" member of this team

Reactions: DG93

Alaskanice

Sep 23, 2009
1 1/2 hours away
This quote popped into my head when I first read this. Weird.

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
If MacDonald clears, that's a big add for the Cuda. MacDonald's great in the AHL and the Cuda just dressed two PTO guys on defense in their last game. All that defensive depth we had has either gone out the door or is out injured.

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
If MacDonald clears, that's a big add for the Cuda. MacDonald's great in the AHL and the Cuda just dressed two PTO guys on defense in their last game. All that defensive depth we had has either gone out the door or is out injured.

I dont know how keen he is to play on the Cuda and AHL salary (assuming AHL salary is much lower) given the sports car he drives to work.

1708460141880.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: Sandisfan

Pete Taylor

Dec 11, 2017
This is mindblowing to me.
750k Annually is more than enough to pay for that car. I am not saying it is the best financial decision, but all things considers dude is a top 500 player in the world at a very popular sport. He should be able to purchase almost any car he wants.

He signed a guarunteed 1.5 mil in 2022 with the Avs. I know people who make 100k a year that drive similar cars.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
750k Annually is more than enough to pay for that car. I am not saying it is the best financial decision, but all things considers dude is a top 500 player in the world at a very popular sport. He should be able to purchase almost any car he wants.

He signed a guarunteed 1.5 mil in 2022 with the Avs. I know people who make 100k a year that drive similar cars.
Do you think he's actually walking away with that much? Like he doesn't, I dunno, pay taxes, his agent, the NHLPA etc.?

1.5 is probably closer to 600. Still a lot of money but being someone with a short shelf life in the league you'd think he'd be smarter about his money.

Pete Taylor

Dec 11, 2017
Do you think he's actually walking away with that much? Like he doesn't, I dunno, pay taxes, his agent, the NHLPA etc.?

1.5 is probably closer to 600. Still a lot of money but being someone with a short shelf life in the league you'd think he'd be smarter about his money.
With the right accountant, there is no way that he is paying near 50% in actual taxes. He probably walks home with just over a million after all is said and done. (Honestly probably closer to 1.2)

There are so many tax loopholes, writeoffs, ect, especially when you already have money to start with, and people that make money around you.

The entire "player does not want to come here because of taxes" argument is really over blown, especially in the states. Cannot say the same in relation to canadian teams, due to lack of knowledge.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
With the right accountant, there is no way that he is paying near 50% in actual taxes. He probably walks home with just over a million after all is said and done. (Honestly probably closer to 1.2)

There are so many tax loopholes, writeoffs, ect, especially when you already have money to start with, and people that make money around you.

The entire "player does not want to come here because of taxes" argument is really over blown, especially in the states. Cannot say the same in relation to canadian teams, due to lack of knowledge.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Regardless, why do you think MG did this? He really has been solid for us.
Because he hasn’t been that good and he’s sort of a positionless guy. He’s a dman that hasn’t played D all year. He’s not doing much at forward since coming back. He’s just sort of there. I assume Smith is healthy and they need to clear a spot for him. Might as well have balls to the wall crazy Smith out there.

Pete Taylor

Dec 11, 2017
Because he hasn’t been that good and he’s sort of a positionless guy. He’s a dman that hasn’t played D all year. He’s not doing much at forward since coming back. He’s just sort of there. I assume Smith is healthy and they need to clear a spot for him. Might as well have balls to the wall crazy Smith out there.
Good point, Smith does bring a lot more energy and a similar skillset. Almost forgot he was on the squad.

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Reports that he's not on the ice for Sharks practice.

Guessing he's been assigned to Cuda.

Barracuda are at home tonight vs. Coachella and are in need of bodies on defense. I don't think most people are aware what the defense situation is down there. Last game we dressed:

Simek, Frisch, Guryev, Kinal, Teixeira, Haiskanen

That's two PTOs and a guy who's been in the ECHL most of the season in there. Though, we won 7-3 with that group, so how can I complain?

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Glad MacDonald cleared. I’m sure he’ll be back up with the Sharks after the deadline. In the mean time, he can help the Cuda. Win for everyone.
I do wonder if him being with the Coda means a steady vet presence there when the team brings up some of the kids after the TDL?

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose

Beck Warm has been recalled from Wichita (ECHL) to the Barracuda in a corresponding move, because Makiniemi has been sick for... a month plus now.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad