Reactions: Roadhog

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
always a helpful recap during the season ECHL Week:

Royalsflagrunner77

Jul 26, 2013
Birdsboro PA
So a little fun info hear Reading's brand new ice plant is the first CO2 cooled arena of its size in the USA. I guess CO2 ice plants are becoming more comin in Canada and other colder climates. From what I have been told they are the third CO2 cooled plant in the USA with two Recreational ice venues being installed last year. Should be interesting to see if this system can be used in a warmer climate. Or if it will lead to ice quality issues down the road. seems risky to me.

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
So a little fun info hear Reading's brand new ice plant is the first CO2 cooled arena of its size in the USA. I guess CO2 ice plants are becoming more comin in Canada and other colder climates. From what I have been told they are the third CO2 cooled plant in the USA with two Recreational ice venues being installed last year. Should be interesting to see if this system can be used in a warmer climate. Or if it will lead to ice quality issues down the road. seems risky to me.
According to several published studies over the last 8-9 years, the primary benefits of CO2 ice plant refrigerant vs. ammonia-based systems are the "green factor" and total energy costs and higher heat recovery. The latter benefits operation in warmer climates. Might be too new to assess ice quality differences, but the general physics & thermodynamics appear to be understood for both refrigeration system types.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Worcester's late voice of the Railers, who also was there for the Worcester Sharks era, when the city was in the AHL, Is now permanently a part of the DCU Center.

RIP Eric Lindquist, you will never be forgotten by all hockey fans

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Signs of ECHL Life: the first Transactions list of the 2022-23 season was released on Friday. Noteworthy moves ...
... TRY-OUT PLAYERS RELEASED (unrestricted free agents):

Atlanta:
Connor Vermeulen, D [10/5]

Trois-Rivières:
Emilien Boily, G [10/5]

CONTRACTED PLAYERS RELEASED (eligible for waivers/waiver claims):

Atlanta:
Greg Campbell, D [10/5; unrestricted free agent]

Worcester:
Chris Ordoobadi, F ...

Kansas City:
Delete Bailey Conger, F ECHL playing rights traded to Maine

Maine:
Delete Pascal Laberge, F ECHL playing rights traded to Kansas City ...

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
While we were sleeping ... :boredom:
ECHL ANNOUNCES TRAINING CAMP ROSTERS

07 Oct 2022

The following are the training camp rosters as submitted to the ECHL office by each ECHL team on Oct. 6. Only teams which are opening training camp today were required to submit rosters. Teams opening camp at a later date will submit their rosters at that time. ...

Read the Team Camp Rosters (for Glads, K-Wings & OSB only) at: ECHL announces Training Camp Rosters

• Love

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Last edited:
  • Love

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
So, accepting that the ECHL was ""Began" in '88-'89, from which-to-which "coast-to-coast" have they grown to include 28 current teams? Hudson Bay to the Gulf of Mexico? :huh:

1666037512444.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad