Injury Report: 2019-2020 Injury Report

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Tarasenko skating for the first time since his injury per his Instagram (more accurately his wife’s instagram, he just shared her post). He’s obviously still a ways away but good to see nonetheless.

Reactions: Twisted Blue

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Losing Sundqvist really hurts. At least we have Barbashev to step up into that super-utility role though.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Brouwer can fill Steen's old, slow guy role. Just keep your stick on the ice Troy, Robert Thomas will get you some easy tap ins.

91 is skating so that's good but our IR list still has too many forwards on it. Tarasenko, MacEachern, Sundqvist and now Steen. Woof, we're right back to where we were 5 weeks ago.

WeWentBlues

May 3, 2017
I'd recall Kostin

Sanford - O'Reilly - Perron
Kostin - Thomas - Bozak

or

Kostin - O'Reilly - Perron
Sanford - Thomas - Bozak

Reactions: STLBLUES44

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Doubt anyone else gets the call. Per Jim Thomas, it sounds like the news on the other injured guys is favorable.

Steen is fine and is probably playing Friday. MacEachern is possible this weekend as well, and he skated today.

So we’re only without Tank and Sunny, and Berube estimated it may be around 10 days until Sunny is back.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Brouwer can fill Steen's old, slow guy role. Just keep your stick on the ice Troy, Robert Thomas will get you some easy tap ins.

91 is skating so that's good but our IR list still has too many forwards on it. Tarasenko, MacEachern, Sundqvist and now Steen. Woof, we're right back to where we were 5 weeks ago.
What is MacMac injured too?

HighNote

Just one more Cup
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
Yes, let's get all the injuries out of the way before the playoffs. How many have we had this season? Tarasenko, Gunnarsson, Parayko, Steen, Sundqvist, Thomas, Sanford, MacEachern, Blais...am I missing any? Maybe Barbashev missed a couple?

Zizzle

Oct 29, 2019
Is there a minimum amount of games you have to sit once being placed on IR?

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Colaiacovo Report might as well be Sundqvist Report
I'm sad we're still not calling it The Colaiacovo Report. That name should live on forever.
ClearJealousHeron-size_restricted.gif

Sempiternal

Jul 5, 2014
Are you guys nervous that Tarasenko may not be as good next season after the surgery or confident you'll be getting the same player back?

I'm a bit concerned from a fantasy perspective.

Em etah Eh

Maroon PP
Jul 17, 2007
Are you guys nervous that Tarasenko may not be as good next season after the surgery or confident you'll be getting the same player back?

Yeah, he's a pure sniper that relays on his quick release and heavy shot. He's been dealing with shoulder injuries for some time now which doesn't exactly give me the warm and fuzzies that his shot will ever get back to it's original form. Tank is at his best when he rips it from anywhere, but he's been alot more selective the past few years IMO.

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016

After he recovered from his first shoulder operation, I felt he was getting back to form. Like a lot of players who have shoulder surgery, it seems like they take about 2-3 months to regain their strength. If Vova is doing all the prep work and making sure he is healthy and not being stupid, I think he'll be back to 30-35 goals. I don't think he'll ever score 40+, but I think he'll still be around that 65-70 point mark.

Reactions: Vladys Gumption

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad