Salary Cap: Pens Salary Thread: Pens Ownership "Dubas... that Coca-Cola machine. I want you to shoot the lock off it. There may be some waiver players in there."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I wont miss Smith, i'd send his whiney pouty ass to Siberia.
It's not even like the effort is the issue. He busted his ass all game but he just isn't in sync with anyone on the team. Sid looked his worst with Smith there and I wanted that to work but it really doesn't. If it didn't f*** Geno over I'd rather see Rakell back to the LW and Puustinen on the RW and then bump Bemstrom to Geno's line with Doc (if he's still alive) and dump Smith to Eller with Puljujaarvi.

MeinerEiner

Dec 9, 2013
Cologne
It seems like there is or will be a biding war for Guentzel. Maybe the teams missing out on Guentzel panic and Dubas can sell high on guys like Smith, Eller, Harkins (lol). Especially the West is going to be extremely tough with COL,VAN,VGK and EDM.

This is a prime opportunity to get some young talents in the mix and set this team up for next year.

Reactions: Andy99

Ulf5

Feb 21, 2017
It seems like there is or will be a biding war for Guentzel. Maybe the teams missing out on Guentzel panic and Dubas can sell high on guys like Smith, Eller, Harkins (lol). Especially the West is going to be extremely tough with COL,VAN,VGK and EDM.

This is a prime opportunity to get some young talents in the mix and set this team up for next year.
Trade all the assets for Brady Tkachuk!
🤣

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
If Pens do a rebuild as the numbers are against a playoff this year, please for once ignore the sullivan wants and get bigger at RD and get some jam to get a net presence. I want the top 10 pick this year and whatever Dubas gets for futures in the potential Jake move. Pens can add a nice LW in the off season and a 3rd pairing RD as well. Move off Smith and free up more flexibility. After moves of Jake and potentially Smith, Zucker with a 2 year deal is not a big risk here.
Zucker Sid Rakell
? Geno Rust
DOC Eller Puusitinen
? Poulin Jesse

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Also injured….

i know it’s Yohe but for those of you with access, does this say anything new? Thanks

No, though there is this about Sullivan's system.

Why have they never tried to move Malkin to wing? You would eliminate some of the mistakes he makes handling. All he’d have to do is worry about scoring. — @mscl2112

One time, many years back, I was talking with Rick Tocchet. The conversation revolved around Mike Sullivan’s system.

“The thing is,” Tocchet said, “Sully’s system doesn’t work if you don’t have a ton of speed on the wing.”

So, that’s my answer as to why it probably isn’t as good of an idea as many think.

Reactions: Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
No, though there is this about Sullivan's system.

Why have they never tried to move Malkin to wing? You would eliminate some of the mistakes he makes handling. All he’d have to do is worry about scoring. — @mscl2112

One time, many years back, I was talking with Rick Tocchet. The conversation revolved around Mike Sullivan’s system.

“The thing is,” Tocchet said, “Sully’s system doesn’t work if you don’t have a ton of speed on the wing.”

So, that’s my answer as to why it probably isn’t as good of an idea as many think.
Yea, I’ve always said this too…another reason to fire Sullivan imo though lol…

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
I have to believe Dubas moves will be after next season as to Rust, Karlsson and others. Hextall set up the contracts front loaded so they would be attractive financially after year 3 of his plan. Rust doesn't have the NMC, Karlsson is a top RD with 2 years left with attractive salary, In the end, it comes down to what Sid wants and does after his contract ends.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
SOOO because a GM whoever it may have been didn't get him speedy Wingers to play his system, They should fire Sullivan ? GOT IT

I mean he's had Rust/Jake/Rak for 2+ years now. Zucker was no faster than R Smith. Kap was probably the fastest winger in the past 3+ seasons and Sully didn't like him.

So you have a coach who knows he doesn't have fast wingers in his top 6, yet decides it's a smart move to keep this system?

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I keyed in on two players last night: Hoglander and Mikheyev. To be honest, I thought both had decent games. Mikheyev played with more speed than I thought and Hoglander is just all around solid player. If we get either back in a package for Jake, I'd be happy I think. More so with Hoglander but I might be as bitter with Mikheyev as I first thought.

I'm going to assume that we keep both Rust and Rakell. Jake and Smith can go. I'm okay running DOC-Malkin-Puustinen. That leaves the third line next year and that needs to be the focus of the short-term asset we get for Jake. So Hogs or Miks would fit well I think. With the prospects we have, Bemstrom, and others available in FA, I think the focus then should shift to 3C in hope that we can find a more offensive-minded 3C to push Eller to 4C.

Rakell-Sid-Rust
DOC-Malkin-Puustinen
Mikheyev-Yager-Bemstrom
Nieto-Eller-Acciari

would be a solid forward group moving forward. Ideally, you could send out one of Nieto-Eller-Acciari, push Bemstrom down, and insert a guy like Lekkerimaki.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
I think I would prefer a trade around Leki+Hoglander rather than get a first back. I don't know why, but late firsts traded in rental trades just seems cursed to me. Almost feels likes 2nd rounds picks are better to have than pick 24-32. I'd much rather get a D+1/D+2 player.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I think I would prefer a trade around Leki+Hoglander rather than get a first back. I don't know why, but late firsts traded in rental trades just seems cursed to me. Almost feels likes 2nd rounds picks are better to have than pick 24-32. I'd much rather get a D+1/D+2 player.
This is pretty fair honestly. None of the 1sts we've given out have amounted to much sans the 2015 1st that netted Barzal but that's because Boston thought they outsmarted everyone...lolz.

If we finish bottom 10, we keep our 1st this year so we can shift focus to a 2025 1st with other assets (assuming they do get traded such as Pettersson or Jarry).

The idea of adding Leki, Hogs, and a top 10 prospect to start next year is quite appealing (in addition to the significant cap space to use on other depth assets).

Reactions: Malkinstheman

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Lekk
Hoglander
Bad contract (Mikheyev or whoever idc)

isn’t necessarily a ridiculous haul and doesn’t include any picks but is something I’d definitely be happy with.

I’d also prefer the Pens finish outside the top 10 and just lose their pick this year. Don’t think it’s a good draft and I don’t want a San Jose or Ottawa next year situation with the core a year older.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I think if they end up with a top-10 pick they get to choose whether to punt it to next year or send it to SJS this year, right?

Either way, I don't know that Sid's gonna be at this level next season so there's a very legit chance this team's pick next year is a better pick than this year. This team would be f***ing abysmal without Sid, man. :laugh:

Regardless of where they end up they should almost certainly give SJS this year's pick imo.

Also, this is f***ing bonkers and Dubas should be working the phones to fleece somebody for Petts. (No, I don't care about losing Petts. This team sucks and it's time to pull the plug.)

Reactions: CheckingLineCenter
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad