OT: Out of town scoreboard

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Oh I know you're struggling with it more than anyone

As much as Big Z is. Playoff Huby has really instilled that highly sought after winning mentality to the Flames squad.

But I really don't care about Huby, it's just that after was MIA for the first 20-30 games of the season, he goes onto a hot streak (usually adding nothing to the bottom line of winning games) ppl came out of the woodwork and wanted to rub those meaningless 2ndary assists and other pinball-action points from the front of the net as "see that shit JDL! That's my boy Huby back to being himself!"

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver

As much as Big Z is. Playoff Huby has really instilled that highly sought after winning mentality to the Flames squad.

But I really don't care about Huby, it's just that after was MIA for the first 20-30 games of the season, he goes onto a hot streak (usually adding nothing to the bottom line of winning games) ppl came out of the woodwork and wanted to rub those meaningless 2ndary assists and other pinball-action points from the front of the net as "see that shit JDL! That's my boy Huby back to being himself!"

Isn't that Barkov these days. :sarcasm:

• Haha
Reactions: Jean Luc Discard

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.

You are absolutely obsessed with Huberdeau. Stop the cap. lol

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Chaos2k7

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
WSH had a 3-0 lead on NJ after 1st period, held them to just 2 shots in the period.

Cut to 4 mins mark in 2nd and NJ score 4 goals in just over 6 mins of play. All even strength goals.

WSH may be a legit bottom 5-7 team this year.

TotalHomer

Jan 3, 2022
NJ seems like a regular season team. Carolina pushed them around pretty well in the playoffs last year.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
NJ seems like a regular season team. Carolina pushed them around pretty well in the playoffs last year.

And NJ gave away the 4-3 lead, WSH now up 5-4. Been a wild back and forth game.

I agree though, highly skilled but still young core who can be forced to perimeter and not a lot of sandpaper to their game. Think they benefited last year from goaltending boost they're not getting early on.

TotalHomer

Jan 3, 2022
And NJ gave away the 4-3 lead, WSH now up 5-4. Been a wild back and forth game.

I agree though, highly skilled but still young core who can be forced to perimeter and not a lot of sandpaper to their game. Think they benefited last year from goaltending boost they're not getting early on.

Yeah they look like the Panthers under Q/Brunette. Except worse I guess. That style won't work in the playoffs.

TotalHomer

Jan 3, 2022
Was on Youtube trying to find out what Flames fans think of Huberdeau and found this post-game gem after Calgary's last night loss. Absolutely hilarious. Starts around the 10 min mark.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Yeah they look like the Panthers under Q/Brunette. Except worse I guess. That style won't work in the playoffs.
For the past couple years I’ve felt the same: they’re missing a Hornqvist or Tkachuk to add that sense of grit with leadership

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
IMG_8613.jpeg

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
Calgary going up in Flames....

Not sure which Alberta team I enjoy more watching burn? Oilers or Flames?

Wow, haven't check in on them much this year...what a disaster so far.

Huska's comment on Huberdeau and Kadri are pretty cringe.

“I want more from the team. I’m not going to go at those two,” Huska said. “If you’re expecting those two guys to win games for us, it’s not going to happen. We’ll be waiting for that for a long period of time. The way this team will win games is when they’re competitive, and they skate, and they play hard.”

I get what he's trying to get across, that they need to win as a team, but it also tells you he ain't relying on those two guys to be at the front pulling the bus. Almost feel sorry for the Flames fans, almost.

Reactions: TheImpatientPanther

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad