OT: HFPens Community Lounge: Yes, but can it play Crysis?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Nice. They are killer systems. I especially love the new controllers.

Probably the thing I'm looking forward to the most :laugh:

Same. Got the PC GOW game and I uninstalled it after an hour? Gave up on it after 10 minutes but chugged through it expecting the 'greatness'... never came for me.
Can't say I get the praise for that game?
Yeah, there are more games than anyone could ever need... and they still make more. Never have enough time to ever play half of the games I'd like to.

For me it's just a genre I've never even slightly enjoyed. I like my turn-based menus as much as I hate dodging.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I was looking at the prices for them here and it's kinda madness. $650 for a digital-only one?

For me it's just a genre I've never even slightly enjoyed. I like my turn-based menus as much as I hate dodging.
Dude, are you playing the Tactics: Ogre remaster? Also the Suikoden I & II remasters come out next year.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
I was looking at the prices for them here and it's kinda madness. $650 for a digital-only one?

Dude, are you playing the Tactics: Ogre remaster? Also the Suikoden I & II remasters come out next year.

That's the other game I'm getting with it. Was not even aware that the Suikoden games were being remastered, that's awesome.

The costs are insane. I'm still mad at myself for spending as much on that thing as I did and technically I paid less than MSRP. If I lived in Europe I'd constantly be at least a generation behind with how insane some of the costs get there. I have the distinct memory of NHL 10 costing the 2009 equivalent of $120 when I was studying in Denmark.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007

I will forever love strat, grand strat, tb strat... adventure... I love the odd game... with a rare mainstream aaa game.

I just picked that up... no clue when I'll get to it tho...

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
@Peat or any one else, have you read any of these?

I'm trying to read more books next year. Starting now.
I’ve read most of those.

Dark Matter is fantastic - I hate that the casting of the show they’re making. Awful casting.
Recursion, also from Blake crouch, is awesome as well. Loved both of those books.

Exhalation is a nice book, it’s just one of those quick reads that doesn’t invest too much of your time since it’s like a collection of stories by Ted.

Hail Mary was a good read, definitely read that as a novel meant to be a movie and low and behold it is going to be, the book is good though. A space mystery is always an interesting tale.

The Long Way and Red Rising are on my list, as well as Blake’s current book Upgrade.

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
There is a solid 0.25" of ice on everything out here in Seattle. The airport is shut down, all delivery services are closed and I can't even walk to my car without gripping onto something for dear life.

It's legit like walking on a slanted hockey rink.
A few hrs up North here, they’ve closed bridges for a few hours or rather indefinitely at the moment

Reactions: Empoleon8771

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
A few hrs up North here, they’ve closed bridges for a few hours or rather indefinitely at the moment

Yeah I wasn't aware of this before, but the entirety of Seattle is shut down basically. Public transit, airport and major highways are all cut off.

When you see stuff like this happening with people who are leaving their house, I get it:

You'd have to be an idiot to willingly leave your house today.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
The amount of snow and ice we have here in Pittsburgh is fine. It's just that it's -1°F and windy as f***. For about two hours our electricity kept going out nearly every five minutes.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
You wimps.

I lived through the Chicago Blizzaster. :laugh: People got snowed into Lake Shore Drive.
Yeah I went to 'boot' in chicago... woke up one day to two feet of snow.... PA snows... but hell, Chicago is way worse than PA.

My christmas eve and day dinners and meetups are destroyed with this temperature. Not risking the old car and the ice etc... song of a.....
Moving it to new years with the warm up to the 40-50's starting thursday.
The weather......

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Lol you wimps. Its been -40C / -40 F in the Calgary area the last week, not including the windchill.
It's pretty fun when the C gets roughly equivalent to F. :laugh:

Anyhow, Chicago winter story. My first year of grad school, I had a wonderful and very talented linguistics professor from Siberia and that winter, he was teaching us Old Church Slavonic. Well, we had a cold December but we had a bit of a cold snap (down to -18/-20, -35 with wind chill) in the first week of January when classes started back up. My alma mater's policy was literally never to shut the university down unless the government made them, so of course, we all went to class. Except my Siberian professor did not. Why? Because, as a Siberian, he considered it to be way too cold for actually being outside. The next week, we had class and he had been reprimanded (nothing too serious tbh) by the university for canceling class without reason, and poor Slava realized that Chicago was way colder than Siberia.

Literally the only time I saw the university cancel class was the Blizzaster and that was only because they were forced to do so by the state government. Rumor has it the state police had to come on campus and actually force them to close the library.

Reactions: Zirakzigil

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Lol you wimps. Its been -40C / -40 F in the Calgary area the last week, not including the windchill.
Coldest I have ever been in is -25 in banff for the weekend. When we were packing up I was 1 more step away from passing out, people said it was from snow blindness and I wasn't prepared to deal with the cold because I didn't bring clothes to deal with that cold and was freezing the entire weekend. I was like 14 or 15?

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Merry Christmas you filthy wankers, may you Yule your tides and frost your jacks. Or whatever the f*** any of you do.

I’m just trying to see how many bottles of scotch I can finish on my own before my wife tries to trick me into going to AA under the guise of another farmers market.
Yeah but you are already dead inside choosing to live in Calgary so you’re used to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad