GDT: Free Agent Frenzy 2021

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
I wouldn't call Tampa overwhelming Stanley Cup champs.
If Sam didn't have a brain-fart, that series would have been totally different.
They have the best roster in the NHL and it's not really a debate. They are also built using analytics.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
They have the best roster in the NHL and it's not really a debate. They are also built using analytics.
I think it was a very real debate last year. This year? No way Tampa is as talented as Florida.

Yes, we could have been swept! Who knows for certain!

Panthers weren't too far off from winning that series in 6.

Game 1 was the coin flip. Sam took a idiotic charging penalty and then the team was shorthanded and gave up a breakaway at the end of the game.
Game 3 Bob came in and saved Judge's bacon, but that game could have went the other way.
Who knows what game 5 looks like if Q never puts in Knight!
Game 6 I believe Sam took another idiotic penalty. I never did watch that game, but I remembered on the radio Dougie and Billy cutting him up pretty good for taking that kind of penalty in that kind of moment.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
I think it was a very real debate last year. This year? No way Tampa is as talented as Florida.

Game 1 was the coin flip. Sam took a idiotic charging penalty and then the team was shorthanded and gave up a breakaway at the end of the game.
Game 3 Bob came in and saved Judge's bacon, but that game could have went the other way.
Game 6 I believe Sam took another idiotic penalty. I never did watch that game, but I remembered on the radio Dougie and Billy cutting him up pretty good for taking that kind of penalty in that kind of moment.
this all may be true, but you know who also uses a calculator when making a lot of their roster decisions? Your Florida Panthers.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver

A lot ifs, buts, and maybes, and no one knows for certain how these events would have impacted the series. Not surprised with your gushing over Bob of course. That is a certainty haha

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014

Barkov got injured during the series and a lot of it had to do with that blindside hit by Coleman in the first game. So, I'm totally fine with Sam burying Coleman into the boards.
There's plenty of dirty plays by the Bolts' players even tho their fans make it all seem that their style of play is squeaky clean. For an instance, Sergachev crosschecks Sam into the boards in the first game, no call and the Bolts fans real happy about it. Then iirc in the 5th game Sergachev gets hit from the side into the boards by Hornqvist and they are mad about that their best players are being targeted. You don't win series against these types of teams by following the rules.

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Barkov got injured during the series and a lot of it had to do with that blindside hit by Coleman in the first game. So, I'm totally fine with Sam burying Coleman into the boards.
There's plenty of dirty plays by the Bolts' players even tho their fans make it all seem that their style of play is squeaky clean. For an instance, Sergachev crosschecks Sam into the boards in the first game, no call and the Bolts fans real happy about it. Then iirc in the 5th game Sergachev gets hit from the side into the boards by Hornqvist and they are mad about that their best players are being targeted. You don't win series against these types of teams by following the rules.
I totally forgot Barky got hurt gm1!

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
A lot ifs, buts, and maybes, and no one knows for certain how these events would have impacted the series. Not surprised with your gushing over Bob of course. That is a certainty haha
Are you going to follow Judge and become a Seattle fan? Nice and close to Vancouver for you .
He is going to blow up and be garbage this year.

ScottyMascotty

Dec 24, 2017
St. Petersburg
I'm still absolutely frenzied because in Russia media and general public recognized only interpretations of Bolts side. They completely ignore 1st game madness but acting like Duclair's slash on Kucherov was gonna severely injure him (which is not).

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
I'm still absolutely frenzied because in Russia media and general public recognized only interpretations of Bolts side. They completely ignore 1st game madness but acting like Duclair's slash on Kucherov was gonna severely injure him (which is not).

That slash probably didn't feel very nice but Kuch went down like he was shot by a sniper in the nosebleed seats. Cooper took him out of the rest of the game because Kuch is a known hot head and the game was already decided on the scoreboard at that time.

Reactions: Prominence Problem

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Are you going to follow Judge and become a Seattle fan? Nice and close to Vancouver for you .
He is going to blow up and be garbage this year.

I will be intrigued to see how he does. Even in front of such a badly assembled team, he will probably still be better than Bob. Well, maybe Bob might have more wins due to the Panthers being an overall better team.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Tampa lost their entire 3rd line and including Johnson they lost 4 of their bottom-6. Losing that depth will hurt. Filling it with the likes of perry and bellemare won’t help. But they still have their goalie, their D, and their top-6. Even though they’ll have kucherov the whole season, losing that depth should stifle them a bit. Maybe not dramatically, but enough to leave a mark.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Tampa lost their entire 3rd line and including Johnson they lost 4 of their bottom-6. Losing that depth will hurt. Filling it with the likes of perry and bellemare won’t help. But they still have their goalie, their D, and their top-6. Even though they’ll have kucherov the whole season, losing that depth should stifle them a bit. Maybe not dramatically, but enough to leave a mark.
2021 playoff lightning>2022 regular season lightning>2021 regular season lightning

The players they lost are better than the players they brought in but having Kucherov overcomes all that lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad