GDT: Free Agent Frenzy 2021

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
So is vatrano getting traded or not? Training camp is almost here.

He’s in a contract year and we’re trying to win a cup. Trading him for a pick or two is kind of pointless. Use him as an internal rental and hope he plays for a contract. It likely won’t be with us, but letting him walk hurts a lot less when guys like Lundell, Tippett, Denisenko are in the fold.

ScottyMascotty

Dec 24, 2017
St. Petersburg
He’s in a contract year and we’re trying to win a cup. Trading him for a pick or two is kind of pointless. Use him as an internal rental and hope he plays for a contract. It likely won’t be with us, but letting him walk hurts a lot less when guys like Lundell, Tippett, Denisenko are in the fold.
But he is taking the spot in the 3rd line, and our top-6 is stacked. I wonder if it can slow down development of Tippett or Denisenko. Tippett should be ready to play regularly, and Denisenko can be close to this status.

Last edited:

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
But he is taking the spot in the 3rd line, and out top-6 is stacked. I wonder if it can slow down development of Tippett or Denisenko. Tippett should be ready to play regularly, and Denisenko can be close to this status.

I doubt Vatrano is gonna take a spot from Tippett. As for Deni, eh, he's only played a handful of ahl games he can play another year.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Yeah trading him for picks wouldn’t make sense to me. It’s just I thought I remember that rumor saying despite not getting traded to Seattle that he probably still would be traded before training camp so I wasn’t sure if there were any updates there.

our centers are Barkov, Bennett, and Lundell (by all accounts). The winger combos is what I’m more fixated on. Ideally it’d be Huberdeau-Reinhart, Verhaeghe-Duclair, and Vatrano-Hornqvist right now I think. It’s just if Lundell is playing 3C idk if vatrano and horn are the best wingers for his game, would be fantastic to have Verhaeghe and Duclair with him but that puts Bennett in more of a checking line spot with vatrano and horn. I’m still on board with Duclair at least playing with Lundell, but those would otherwise be the ideal wingers pairings imo.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Yeah trading him for picks wouldn’t make sense to me. It’s just I thought I remember that rumor saying despite not getting traded to Seattle that he probably still would be traded before training camp so I wasn’t sure if there were any updates there.

our centers are Barkov, Bennett, and Lundell (by all accounts). The winger combos is what I’m more fixated on. Ideally it’d be Huberdeau-Reinhart, Verhaeghe-Duclair, and Vatrano-Hornqvist right now I think. It’s just if Lundell is playing 3C idk if vatrano and horn are the best wingers for his game, would be fantastic to have Verhaeghe and Duclair with him but that puts Bennett in more of a checking line spot with vatrano and horn. I’m still on board with Duclair at least playing with Lundell, but those would otherwise be the ideal wingers pairings imo.

I think Duclair will be playing with Lundell. You're forgetting Tippett who really clicked with Huby and Bennett.

Reactions: BabyBennettov

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
It’s good to have depth so I’m ok with Vatrano staying.

Also, injuries will happen and all these players are not going to have career year. Outside of Barkov and Huberdeau, at least one of them will probably have a disappointing season.

Exactly. Vatrano isn't taking anyone's spot because there should be no gimme spots aside from the obvious ones. Depth is what good teams have and we finally have that.

An injury or two shouldn't sink us and anyone who didn't make the opening roster will likely get their chance at some point. If any young guy gets butt hurt by that then they can pout with another org.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
I think Duclair will be playing with Lundell. You're forgetting Tippett who really clicked with Huby and Bennett.
Whoops, yea normally I have:

Verhaeghe-Barkov-Reinhart
Huberdeau-Bennett-Tippett
Duclair-Lundell-Vatrano

Forgot about him when I tried to do huberdeau-reinhart and verhaeghe-duclair because naturally I don’t want tippett with Lundell and forgot all about him

Reactions: Dread Clawz

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Whoops, yea normally I have:

Verhaeghe-Barkov-Reinhart
Huberdeau-Bennett-Tippett
Duclair-Lundell-Vatrano

Forgot about him when I tried to do huberdeau-reinhart and verhaeghe-duclair because naturally I don’t want tippett with Lundell and forgot all about him

Yeah tough to keep track of all these forwards lol. Mamin is in the mix too, as well as Jumbo. Should be a great training camp.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Yeah tough to keep track of all these forwards lol. Mamin is in the mix too, as well as Jumbo. Should be a great training camp.
Yeah if the above 9 are as stated, then there’s still Acciari, Jumbo, March, Deni, Juho, Mamin, Lomberg… not to mention some other surprises… can any of them play good D :naughty:?

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Yeah if the above 9 are as stated, then there’s still Acciari, Jumbo, March, Deni, Juho, Mamin, Lomberg… not to mention some other surprises… can any of them play good D :naughty:?

Actually Lammer would probably make a decent 6/7 d, but that's not really what we need.

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
Normally, I would agree with you, but we don't have enough roster spots for a third line winger who doesn't mesh well with anybody. I'm not interested in regularly playing Vatrano and Thornton at the expense of further stalling Denisenko, Hippo, and Luostarinen's developments.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Reddit is terrible but I did laugh at the word cloud of the most seen words on the Panthers page, it is similar to here, no doubt it's the big 4 words:

Capture.png

Reactions: drktmplr12

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Normally, I would agree with you, but we don't have enough roster spots for a third line winger who doesn't mesh well with anybody. I'm not interested in regularly playing Vatrano and Thornton at the expense of further stalling Denisenko, Hippo, and Luostarinen's developments.

Deni, Hepo and/or Luostar will be roster players for the 2022-23 campaign because after Barkov's next contract kicks in Zito has only circa $4mil left in cap space to fulfill the rest of the roster so Zito&Q have to keep that in their mind when trying to figure how to divi up the ice time in the upcoming season.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
What a stupid hyperbole. There's a reason why GM after GM still values what he brings and he not only has a job but gets actually paid. But you guys keep punching the calculator and see what kind of team you get.
I mean the b2b overwhelming stanley cup champs punch their calculator all day...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad