Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Agreed, Norris just isnt a puck distributer at all. He is made to be a winger.

Dont think this is going to happen. He is going to surround himself with a pretty big group of hockey ops that he will delegate to and trust but there wont be a new GM. The concept of a president and a GM doesnt make sense. Its essentially the same as GM with assistant GM's. I could see him hiring another assistant GM or promoting someone like Poulin.
I still think they are waiting on current season to be over. Maybe he keeps the GM role but I think they bring in 2 more senior guys.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Chychrun for futures and targeting a RD in the UFA market with the money. There are actually lots of them out there. You can go get a Geekie or Faksa in free agency easily, they are a dime a dozen player.

Yeah i can get behind this idea. Just be careful with the futures. Picks outside the first 15 are unlikely to become anything special (if anything at all), and a lot of top UFAs turn in to overpaid boat anchors.

I'd be targetting prospects that are improving each year but their teams have lost patience with them. Mittelstat, Ceci, Lazar, Reinhardt, tolvanen, jokiharju, brannstrom, domi, turris, etc., are all pretty good historical examples.

Similarly I'd be looking at lower round prospects that have made big jumps but aren't considered top prospects just due to draft position bias. A guy like Crookshank would be a good current example from our squad. Paul would have been the same after he turned it around in belleville (bingo?).

These two types of players are much more likely to be available on team friendly deals long term.

Get your stars through the draft and surround them with quality talent that is lacking hype or taking the scenic route to becoming effective NHLers.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Yeah i can get behind this idea. Just be careful with the futures. Picks outside the first 15 are unlikely to become anything special (if anything at all), and a lot of top UFAs turn in to overpaid boat anchors.

I'd be targetting prospects that are improving each year but their teams have lost patience with them. Mittelstat, Ceci, Lazar, Reinhardt, tolvanen, jokiharju, brannstrom, domi, turris, etc., are all pretty good historical examples.

Similarly I'd be looking at lower round prospects that have made big jumps but aren't considered top prospects just due to draft position bias. A guy like Crookshank would be a good current example from our squad. Paul would have been the same after he turned it around in belleville (bingo?).

These two types of players are much more likely to be available on team friendly deals long term.

Get your stars through the draft and surround them with quality talent that is lacking hype or taking the scenic route to becoming effective NHLers.
This team has a bottom of the barrel prospect pool it needs to be replenished, they need to take as many shots as they can. This is a small market team the only way to have sustainable success is drafting and developing. If they can get a late first for Chychrun or two seconds id do it. Cap space is an asset and not many teams are going to have it even with the increase in the cap. There are only so many spots.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
This team has a bottom of the barrel prospect pool it needs to be replenished, they need to take as many shots as they can. This is a small market team the only way to have sustainable success is drafting and developing. If they can get a late first for Chychrun or two seconds id do it. Cap space is an asset and not many teams are going to have it even with the increase in the cap. There are only so many spots.
Chychrun for a late 1st is too little, in my opinion.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Be prepared to be disappointed if he is dealt for futures, it won’t be much more.
We'll see, i guess.

But a late 1st is junk. A team could trade for him at the 2024 draft and recoup that or more next deadline.

It won't be that low.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Chychrun for a late 1st is too little, in my opinion.
They cant go into next season with Sanderson, Chabot, Chychrun and Brannstrom on the left side again. There just isnt enough ice time, his value only gets lower and lower. They need the money to sign someone that fills a need. Cap space is the asset. I dont know if he is returning much more than that, he was horrible last year. Id like more too of course but he is a UFA to be if they trade him with an extension he will get more but I cant see a team commiting to him long term. He's been an issue now with two organizations moving on from him. Frankly hasnt been very good. All they got for Debrincat was a late first, UFA's to be just arent worth much.

We'll see, i guess.

But a late 1st is junk. A team could trade for him at the 2024 draft and recoup that or more next deadline.

It won't be that low.
There is no way he wasnt being shopped at the last deadline, dont think anyone was moving that much more if that much at all for him.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
We'll see, i guess.

It won't be that low.
Why do you think he wasn’t traded this past deadline?

It’s not because they weren’t trying, it’s because he wasn’t returning much.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
I think the Senators want to make a hockey trade with Chychrun rather than just get futures., and that probably played into him not moving at the deadline.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad