Fire Luke Richardson

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Luke Richardson was being brought in to develop a culture and identity for this team. We heard it talked about constantly last season. I don't see it. That's the biggest indictment on the coaching staff. They don't have any identity, and I see jack shit for culture. Players aren't held accountable(aside from Reichel). He loves his useless asshole plugs, and plays them late in games with Bedard on the f***ing bench. Their defensive zone coverage is abysmal. The power play sucks. The Murphy/Tinordi pairing is just absolute braindead nonsense, that anyone who knows shit about hockey could see would be a DISASTER. This is all on the coaching staff, and has nothing to do with talent.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Luke Richardson was being brought in to develop a culture and identity for this team. We heard it talked about constantly last season. I don't see it. That's the biggest indictment on the coaching staff. They don't have any identity, and I see jack shit for culture. Players aren't held accountable(aside from Reichel). He loves his useless asshole plugs, and plays them late in games with Bedard on the f***ing bench. Their defensive zone coverage is abysmal. The power play sucks. The Murphy/Tinordi pairing is just absolute braindead nonsense, that anyone who knows shit about hockey could see would be a DISASTER. This is all on the coaching staff, and has nothing to do with talent.
80 percent of the roster is useless asshole plugs, Richardson is one as well. I just hope Bedard can handle losing like this without getting really frustrated. Its why I keep saying they need to bring in something better this next offseason, not full blown going for it by any means but a piece or two with some better veterans to mix with the kids.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
80 percent of the roster is useless asshole plugs, Richardson is one as well. I just hope Bedard can handle losing like this without getting really frustrated. Its why I keep saying they need to bring in something better this next offseason, not full blown going for it by any means but a piece or two with some better veterans to mix with the kids.
Bedard will be fine

It only becomes a problem when he's in his 9th year of playing and the organization is still a mess that can't build a team around him (see: McDavid and the Oilers)

Chuck Testa

Mar 27, 2017
I’d like to see how AA looks on a line with Bedard.

Never know, they might click well.

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
At this point Davidson should send some type of message that the team needs to be playing semi-responsible hockey in their zone regardless of the score. Maybe replace Lu's sidemen and in the process rain a little firebrand to the vets in the locker room. Giving up unearned high danger chances against every shift is not directly correlated to the talent level on the roster.

MTU34

Oct 6, 2020
Let’s not forget that this time last year this place was concerned that Richardson was “too good” to land us Bedard. There have been a ton of problems with the coaching staff to start this season, but it’s been 20ish games. Time to be concerned? Absolutely. Time to fire everyone? Probably not

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Thank you for putting it in a way that I couldn’t.

jaysoneil

Feb 22, 2013
IL
Bedard was a 17 year old just 5 months ago. The majority of the current roster isn't going to be here when Bedard and the Blackhawks start hitting their peak stride. Hell, Nazaar, Moore and Rinzel aren't even on the roster yet.

This is the floor. One year into a full teardown, you can't really expect much better.

MicronMega

Jan 31, 2022
Toronto, NY
Steve Konroyd does a nice d-zone breakdown of the Hawks on the highlights of On the Fly from todays game vs Minn. A lot of it originates with lost 50/50 battles and then compounds with duplication which opens up seams. They did a similar breakdown with LA who has been one of the better defensive teams and the main difference is the sort outs, communication and how tight they are to their checks.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Fire the coach because the season is going exactly to plan outside of an unforeseen Corey Perry issue? Lol

The plan was always to suck this season. We can discuss the merits of changing coaches when its time to compete

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Fire the coach because the season is going exactly to plan outside of an unforeseen Corey Perry issue? Lol

The plan was always to suck this season. We can discuss the merits of changing coaches when its time to compete
Agreed.

Except when it comes to the power play. There's really no reason for it to be this bad. Bedard should be profiting big time off his PP minutes.

Reactions: d rake

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Agreed.

Except when it comes to the power play. There's really no reason for it to be this bad. Bedard should be profiting big time off his PP minutes.

That's a good point.

I guess I'm just used to the Blackhawks having a mediocre-to-bad PP regardless of talent :laugh:

At least nobody is doing a Carmelo Anthony impression this season

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
The problem is that Bedard is the only player on our PP that belongs on a 1st PP unit on an NHL team. The PP being bad makes a ton of sense.
Yep.

And it's made all the worse with pretty much no other right shots who can play on their offside on the top unit. Forces Bedard to play there, when he's shown more over the years playing near the right circle.

Maybe Nazar can fill that spot in the future and allow Bedard to play his preferred position on the PP, but that doesn't help us now.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
“I can handle the losing, it’s the things associated with losing that I can’t tolerate.”

Y’all are so crazy lmao. Tank roster. Imagine thinking a bunch of rookie dmen a couple of plugs and an overpaid guy were going to not look structurally a mess defensively sometimes.

Reactions: TheOne

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
Luke will get the full year but next year they have a bad start and he might get Denis Savard'd
Actually I compare this team to the ones of. 2004-2007…so Richardson is actually Trent Yawney…then it was Denis Savard, close to playoff only to be canned a handful of games into the following season…so maybe Derek Plante takes over? He was in UMinnDul which is Norm McIver terrritory…hmmmmmm

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
Hawks are not going to fire Luke in a developmental season. Just like the players, Luke is still developing as a coach. It's frustrating but patience is needed.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013

I understand the concept, I just think it’s all gonna become irrelevant when in a couple years there’s an almost entirely different looking roster and probably a different head coach/coaching staff too.

Luke will get the full year but next year they have a bad start and he might get Denis Savard'd

This

He’s not even gonna be here for when things really start coming together.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad