Injury Report: CDS out for post-season

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
So whats the rules if a team legit runs out of goalies… can they sign one as an emergency or do they just have to play randos from the arena? Lol

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I don't think Sully was getting fired, even if the team got swept with a fully healthy lineup. :laugh: Word is the FO and even new ownership love the dude.

The goalie injury has no bearing on his job security.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I don't think Sully was getting fired, even if the team got swept with a fully healthy lineup. :laugh: Word is the FO and even new ownership love the dude.

The goalie injury has no bearing on his job security.
I was resigned to the fact Sullivan likely was returning no matter what. What will make the off-season a complete write-off for me is if management also brings back the exact same lineup and doesn't jettison the vanilla collection of nothing burgers we have.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
I was resigned to the fact Sullivan likely was returning no matter what. What will make the off-season a complete write-off for me is if management also brings back the exact same lineup and doesn't jettison the vanilla collection of nothing burgers we have.
It's hard for me to generate energy for what they'll do in the off-season when they play 82 games just to end up losing to goalie injuries...again.

Like if we were rebuilding and had a clear direction, I'd care a lot. But if they're just gonna pretend like this and have miserable early exits on repeat... that's a major morale killer.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
It's hard for me to generate energy for what they'll do in the off-season when they play 82 games just to end up losing to goalie injuries...again.

Like if we were rebuilding and had a clear direction, I'd care a lot. But if they're just gonna pretend like this and have miserable early exits on repeat... that's a major morale killer.

I guess we'll see the new ownership and what direction they want to take at play in the summer.

I just personally don't like the construction of the roster, both up front and on defense. So regardless of how this series goes, I'd like to see massive changes. Unfortunately, I don't think anything "massive" will happen.

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
I like Domingue better. He's bigger too. I don't see how this is a major problem. I'm fine with Domingue, and Jarry will be back at some point.

How does that hypothetical help? They are losing this series with Domingue in net.
They are? Based on what? Not a single goal was a bad goal, deflections and own goal and a great shot. He kept us in the game with incredible saves for 45 minutes, it's our fault we didn't score on PP. Domingue was great, people blaming him and comparing him badly to Shesterkin are out to lunch IMO.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Marek and Friedman said Askarov could play for the Preds this playoffs on the last 31 Thoughts. Why is he different?
He's on an amateur tryout contract in the AHL. I honestly don't know how he would remotely be eligible to play for Nashville.

They may not be aware he's not on an NHL contract, only that he's highly touted.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I think your NHL contract kicks in when you play. So if Gauthier or Askarov are signed and play that’s when it kicks in.

I think when press releases say some FA prospect’s deal will kick in next year they’re basically just saying “that’s the plan.”

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
What a sad ending to this era for the big trio. Kind of fitting though, considering this is the Penguins.
Oh well. This team wasn't gonna go deep anyway.

I'll just be grateful for the good times.
Hopefully they put up a fight in the remaining games.

What a ridiculous post. The series is 1-1

You sound like many of the fans that said we were going to get owned by the Rangers coming into the series

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
The downtalk of this team is endemic here. Not useful responding after a while. A lot of people here are ALWAYS ready to throw in the towel. Not a lot of fight. To each his own.

Reactions: BillyOcean

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I think your NHL contract kicks in when you play. So if Gauthier or Askarov are signed and play that’s when it kicks in.

I think when press releases say some FA prospect’s deal will kick in next year they’re basically just saying “that’s the plan.”

That was my understanding as well but @DesertedPenguin was arguing otherwise.

He's on an amateur tryout contract in the AHL. I honestly don't know how he would remotely be eligible to play for Nashville.

They may not be aware he's not on an NHL contract, only that he's highly touted.

Seems weird for them to overlook that. But maybe you are correct. I do not understand.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007

Except players signed after the trade deadline are ineligible to play for the playoffs. One would assume that apply even to players a team holds the rights to but have yet to sign to a deal.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Except players signed after the trade deadline are ineligible to play for the playoffs. One would assume that apply even to players a team holds the rights to but have yet to sign to a deal.
Makar was signed April 14th and played in the playoffs.

Reactions: Giskard

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
That was my understanding as well but @DesertedPenguin was arguing otherwise.

Seems weird for them to overlook that. But maybe you are correct. I do not understand.
Everything I understand about NHL contracts is that if you sign a player after the deadline, they are ineligible for the playoffs. I always thought that included players teams hold the rights to but haven't yet signed.

But I just thought of Cale Makar (and I see @Jacob just brought him up). His NHL debut was in the playoffs because he signed in April of his rookie year.

So maybe that's how that would work. As long as you own the rights to a player, and that player hasn't signed a contract yet, you could sign him while in the postseason and add him to the active NHL roster.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Hey, we were never going far in these playoffs anyway. At least now, we have an excuse to delude ourselves over!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad