Camara makes it

Rookie Chargers

Sep 17, 2005
Quebec
I can't believe that I'm actually doing this, but as a Barrie Colts fan I must say you guys are very lucky to have Camara. Congrats for making the team Camara :handclap.

At the beginning of the year I was very sceptical that he would be able to continue the pace that he was scoring that. Not only did he do that, but he's getting better as the year progresses. It seems like every game he does something that you don't expect him to do, like a creative pass or a smart play in his own zone. He's really evolved as player to be completely honest. Very good defensively and is good offensively too. He has good hands, a good shot, and really knows how to work the puck down and how to score garbage goals. Over the course of the year he's become very consistent in using his body to his advantage. At first, while he was putting up the points, he seemed content playing a strict finesse game. However, that's not the case now as it seems like he lays about 2 or 3 big hits a game.

About comparisons, he's really not like Lucic at all. Not as physical and not as big. Camara is probably more skilled with the puck too. About the Neil comparison, again he's not as physical, but he's more skilled. I'd also say he's not as big either. I know Camara's listed at 6'1", but I'd be surprised if he's taller than 6'0". I'd probably say Cal Clutterbuck with better hands. Similar size, similar level of meanness, similar presence on the ice.

= Confidence :)

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
His absolute ceiling may be something like a Wayne Simmonds with less offensive upside.

If his offence doesn't translate to the pro game you're probably looking at more of a Mike Brown, Cody McLeod, Tanner Glass type guy.

Maybe the in between is a more physical Curtis Glencross.

Unlike a lot of guys coming out of Junior he already has the right attitude for a bottom 6 role in the NHL, which gives him a head start IMO. His skating is what makes it pretty likely that he'll actually make it to the NHL and gives him potential to more than just a run-of-the mill middleweight bottom 6 guy.

I'm excited about Camara. He is going to just continue to do better. I applaud Barrie's coach to giving him a chance with Schiefele.

Camara at worse will be like a Clutterbuck and at best could be a Dustin Brown. Similar size, skating, bone crushing hits with capabilities to score 20 to 30 in a year.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
I'm excited about Camara. He is going to just continue to do better. I applaud Barrie's coach to giving him a chance with Schiefele.

Camara at worse will be like a Clutterbuck and at best could be a Dustin Brown. Similar size, skating, bone crushing hits with capabilities to score 20 to 30 in a year.

I see him more as a modern day Esposito. Parking himself out front and topping out at 60-75 goals.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad