Camara makes it

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
I didn't see any way how they could have cut him. He was outstanding in camp.

McBrom7

FIRE IT UP!!
Jun 26, 2012
Good too see 3 Bruins guys in the tournament. On Team Canada no less!! We're moving up in the world :handclap:

Era of Sanity

Certified Poster
Nov 12, 2010
Nice.

Of all years for the tournament to be overseas I was really looking forward to watching this tournament. Watching the replay just isn't the same, oh well, Go Canada, good luck to the Americans (unless of course they play Canada!)

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Very nice to see Camara make the team.

Subban should be the starting goalie.
Hamilton top pairing defensman and possibly best d man.
Camara gritty Bruins type player that had to fight to maket he team.

Go Canada Go!!!

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
So is Camara's nickname going to be The Mayor?
I hope he can put a sentence together better than our present Mayor.

What are the comps. for this kid? Milan Lucic? He's tough, I know, but he doesn't have Looch's size. He wasn't a goal scorer in the O.H.L. until this season. Is he a Caron clone?

I didn't notice him in Dev. Camp, so I'm looking for info from those who see him regularly.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown

What are the comps. for this kid? Milan Lucic? He's tough, I know, but he doesn't have Looch's size. He wasn't a goal scorer in the O.H.L. until this season. Is he a Caron clone?

I didn't notice him in Dev. Camp, so I'm looking for info from those who see him regularly.

I heard Neil's name thrown around as a good comp also "poor mans Lucic."

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012

I haven't heard this comparison yet but what about cal clutterbuck? Both drafted in the first round of the priority draft, 3rd round of the NHL draft and are described as gritty agitating types who play the body.

That

Aug 25, 2012
Toronto
I can't believe that I'm actually doing this, but as a Barrie Colts fan I must say you guys are very lucky to have Camara. Congrats for making the team Camara :handclap.

At the beginning of the year I was very sceptical that he would be able to continue the pace that he was scoring that. Not only did he do that, but he's getting better as the year progresses. It seems like every game he does something that you don't expect him to do, like a creative pass or a smart play in his own zone. He's really evolved as player to be completely honest. Very good defensively and is good offensively too. He has good hands, a good shot, and really knows how to work the puck down and how to score garbage goals. Over the course of the year he's become very consistent in using his body to his advantage. At first, while he was putting up the points, he seemed content playing a strict finesse game. However, that's not the case now as it seems like he lays about 2 or 3 big hits a game.

About comparisons, he's really not like Lucic at all. Not as physical and not as big. Camara is probably more skilled with the puck too. About the Neil comparison, again he's not as physical, but he's more skilled. I'd also say he's not as big either. I know Camara's listed at 6'1", but I'd be surprised if he's taller than 6'0". I'd probably say Cal Clutterbuck with better hands. Similar size, similar level of meanness, similar presence on the ice.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback, guys. I like the Clutterbuck comparison though we don't see much of him here. He's put up some good numbers for the Wild. But his offence in the last two years with Ottawa before the draft were outstanding, (35 G each).

Looking forward to the WJC and seeing Anthony in Camp next year.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
I can't believe that I'm actually doing this, but as a Barrie Colts fan I must say you guys are very lucky to have Camara. Congrats for making the team Camara :handclap.

At the beginning of the year I was very sceptical that he would be able to continue the pace that he was scoring that. Not only did he do that, but he's getting better as the year progresses. It seems like every game he does something that you don't expect him to do, like a creative pass or a smart play in his own zone. He's really evolved as player to be completely honest. Very good defensively and is good offensively too. He has good hands, a good shot, and really knows how to work the puck down and how to score garbage goals. Over the course of the year he's become very consistent in using his body to his advantage. At first, while he was putting up the points, he seemed content playing a strict finesse game. However, that's not the case now as it seems like he lays about 2 or 3 big hits a game.

About comparisons, he's really not like Lucic at all. Not as physical and not as big. Camara is probably more skilled with the puck too. About the Neil comparison, again he's not as physical, but he's more skilled. I'd also say he's not as big either. I know Camara's listed at 6'1", but I'd be surprised if he's taller than 6'0". I'd probably say Cal Clutterbuck with better hands. Similar size, similar level of meanness, similar presence on the ice.

Sweet, kind of sounds like Backes

Guess thats setting the bar high

nycbruins*

I remember in development camp thinking that the kid looked faster with better hands than he was scouted. They weren't throwing hits & fighting, obviously, so I remember being impressed that he stood out a little bit even without the best parts of his game being showcased.

Good for him. By the time, he's ready, I bet that wing spot is still open at this rate. It's the "didn't want to pay Michael Ryder below market price for 2 years" penalty the Bruins have been paying.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Thanks for the feedback, guys. I like the Clutterbuck comparison though we don't see much of him here. He's put up some good numbers for the Wild. But his offence in the last two years with Ottawa before the draft were outstanding, (35 G each).

Looking forward to the WJC and seeing Anthony in Camp next year.

Got to think he'd drop the gloves more often than Clutterbuck.

almostawake

Jan 19, 2006
Lausanne
His absolute ceiling may be something like a Wayne Simmonds with less offensive upside.

If his offence doesn't translate to the pro game you're probably looking at more of a Mike Brown, Cody McLeod, Tanner Glass type guy.

Maybe the in between is a more physical Curtis Glencross.

Unlike a lot of guys coming out of Junior he already has the right attitude for a bottom 6 role in the NHL, which gives him a head start IMO. His skating is what makes it pretty likely that he'll actually make it to the NHL and gives him potential to more than just a run-of-the mill middleweight bottom 6 guy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad