Player Discussion Brandon Carlo III

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
I don't think there is any doubt he is the most underrated Bruin. The snarl was the main thing missing from his repertoire, along with not asserting himself enough offensively. Been saying it since he was drafted -- dude is not as much of an offensive black hole as some make him out to be.

Monty's system has helped him do more in the offensive zone. Big thing under Monty is that last season Carlo started showing glimpses of being more physical around the crease. This season definitely even more than last. Even gives opposing players and refs a piece of his mind more than I've ever seen him do. Seems that he has become more confident in multiple areas, including showing leadership. Most consistent d-man for the Bs this season so far.
To be completely fair to Carlo, pre-concussion he was starting to show glimpses of that snarl, especially in a few playoff runs, I think those head injuries really derailed him for a few years.

Reactions: missingchicklet

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Props to him for a very good series...but that 1st Leafs goal was the most typical Carlo play ever...

Thank god that didn't end up costing them. He was easily the best defenseman for the Bruins in the series but if him slipping had cost them the game the people looking to run him out of town would have gotten more vocal

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
Thank god that didn't end up costing them. He was easily the best defenseman for the Bruins in the series but if him slipping had cost them the game the people looking to run him out of town would have gotten more vocal
Highlights how stupid and uninformed some fans approach the game.:thumbd:

Reactions: NDiesel

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Props to him for a very good series...but that 1st Leafs goal was the most typical Carlo play ever...
Live at the time I was screaming and cursing the referees and blaming them for missing the trip that led to the goal. Then they showed the replay and I realized he just fell down somehow on his own. Wotherspoon was our other best defender all series long and he almost kicked the puck in the net with one second left. Inches here and there completely change narratives.

Aside from that, this was his best series in a long time.

Reactions: NDiesel

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad